Let's have a pc fan thread

Let's have a pc fan thread.
Who's the most quiet fan?,
Talk about fans,
Post fans.

Attached: 1566600100125.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Attached: adoring_fan.jpg (720x480, 73K)

Sure
Arctic a best btw. Good p/p and subtle looks.

Attached: P12_PWM_PST_F00a.jpg (980x516, 76K)

Noctua is prob the best noise to static pressure ratio.

so this is what it's like being poor

Attached: noctua.jpg (1201x1084, 458K)

Two words:
Gentle Typhoon

Ordered an enermax UC-8EB 80mm fan, to replace the cpu fan on a slot 1 pentium iii build, I swear the stock fan is louder than a maxtor hard drive.

Those are super expensive now.

I have 3 Noctua The NF-A14 case fans (define r4) and 1 Corsair SP-120 on a hyper 212 evo and it's fine.

I remember people hyping up ion wave fans/coolers a while ago, did anything ever come fo that?

And that's why I'm just going to keep using my Cougar Vortexes

I agree with you user. Got myself an Arctic Freezer 34c for my Ryzen 3600 and it works very well. It's silent and it costs only 27 euros here.

Only the Best
Only Enermax

Attached: 91ulqOTm1vL._SL1500_.jpg (1357x1500, 290K)

They're priced about the same as noctuas

So his point still stands.

Ordered two of these earlier today
did i do good Jow Forums?

Attached: 81Nq74DlFWL._SL1500_.jpg (1182x1500, 115K)

Most here would probably say you paid too much
not a single thing wrong with them but $30 is steep for a fan
They should last forever
I still have cheap sleeve bearing fans from 2011 that have been used all this time and they are still perfect, I can only imagine how long noctua's would hold up, especially in my D15 which always run at low RPMs

we use those in a lot of the systems we build.
they’re pretty nice

The brown is disgusting.

Delta, Nidec, or Sunon only for me.

not really worth getting anything that isn't noiseblocker nowadays

i don't care about the color lil zoom zoom

You should do, you can tell a lot about a thing by the colour of it's skin. Brown is more aggressive, for instance, and is likely to steal your money.

qt

Attached: 1562083502229.jpg (500x500, 53K)

>is the best

Attached: 51h03gfn6GL._SX425_.jpg (425x396, 34K)

gtfo racist

mega based I wish I bought this instead of a shitty aio

nigger detected, prepare to receive government gibs

Attached: 1560640356455.png (1024x768, 314K)

Phanteks are the only real option

Attached: PH-F120MP-1z.jpg (2000x2000, 1022K)

God damn it I'm so tired of you fucking retards. If you cunts didn't care about colors how about I come and paint all your shit in barney? You retards just like noctua because you all think this makes you some kind of fucking genius that didn't fall for some stupid trend even though the reality is that plenty of other fans from other companies perform just as well as these ugly noctua junk. I bet you also autistically managed your god damn cables so it would make for a good fucking photo on the guts threads even though that does nothing for temps. You people buy this specific ugly shit so you can tell other people how cool you are for not caring but in reality you are all stupid as fuck because you are the idiot that has to look at the ugly fucking things for years just so you can post about how cool and not a zoomer manchild you are on Jow Forums.

based

Attached: 1566268535394.png (660x751, 428K)

i don't browse battle station threads and my cables are a mess
seethe more zoomy zoom zoom zoomer

How fast can a a fan be without losing efficiency while ignoring noise level

What ratio of intake/exhaust should you have?
2 in 1 out?

thats what ive always ran

CM Silencio FP 120
Cheap, quiet, comes with a braided connector cable, no gay lights

Not much more I could ask for.

Attached: 290_37_7f552ea2a449fe9b632645bb3ecc4188_1441631318[1].jpg (290x290, 54K)

I bought two bequiet silent wings 2 fans. For sure, they're fucking quiet. I wanted to buy more though and now they cost like 20€ each so I'm giving up on at one.

Now I'm getting a new case with 4 fans in included, I don't know if I should put those two on the top as exhaust or leave it as is

>god tier
NF-A12x25, gentle typhoon
>gentlemen's choice
ball bearing
>ok
any decent fdb fan
>pleb
anything with led, - for sleeve bearing
>nightmare mode
DELTA ELECTRONICS

we?

I've got Corsair 275Q case. It comes with 2 stock 120mm fans.
What extras should I buy, and how should they be arranged?
I have a 2700x and a msi 580, and I won't be overclocking

kek

be quiet

Noctuas are ridiculously quiet. I recently swapped all my fans out and now the loudest thing in my computer is my hdd.

The problem with fans isn't that they don't run perfect, it's that the bearing gives out and becomes way noisier. The Nexus fans everyone used to recommend got motor noise after a few years which made them twice as loud at low rpms. Same for whatever is it that Cooler Master bundles with the Hyper212 Evo.

Noctuas last significantly longer in that sense - I have 6+ year old ones which are still dead silent. Also they tend to be able to run at very low voltages/rpm too, there are some fans which don't work at low rpm.

Corsair Maglev fans can go up to something stupid like 2400RPM which is insane for a 12cm or 14cm fan, but they also sound like jet engines.

Add one fan with similar specs, have 2 intake and 1 exhaust

Where my Be Quiet! boys at? BQ! Squad report in!

Attached: bq-bl067-box-large.jpg (1900x1837, 333K)

>2400RPM
>Insane for 120mm fans
"no"
Noctua makes their server grade 120mm fans that will do 3,000 RPM all day on a standard 12v 4-pin PWM. Delta/Sun makes 120mmX38mm thick server fans that will do 6,000 RPM and move around 350CFM but use 35w under full tilt

i bought a pair of coolermaster silencio fp120

they are just the best

Arctic is probably my favorite brand. You can get fucking 5 of them for the price of one Noctua fan.

The F14 is an easy favorite among them. Only sound I ever hear from them is the flow of air.

The new P12 static pressure oriented ones are otherwise great, but the one I used has some resonance hum at full speed. Probably needs a bit of rubber between it and the metal chassis.

Attached: 35-186-207-V05.jpg (640x480, 41K)

People always post photos of their newly built pic with 100% clean components.
Try uploading pics after one week and see all the dust in your case.

>Seething that hard for a couple of computer fans

Noctua is shit, i have industrial 3k and 2k, and they crack even at minimum rpm. Biscuit is shit to, sw3 noisy at rpm above 600

Do you use rubber washers with your fans, or are you better off just using proprietary shit like pic related?

Attached: 002489981_1-0a796b847cdb0f83e1351bb34cab3af7.png (768x591, 42K)

this thread blows

I have used this case since release and I don't have much dust build up. Looks brand new unless you open the case and look very closely at the fins of the fans then you can see a slight bit of fine dust but its nothing a brush, can of air and two minutes of effort can't take care of.

Positive pressure and fan filters do wonders.

i work for a company that builds systems

What should I get if I need a 120mm fan that's thinner than the standard 25mm?

Attached: 1554720226007.png (598x597, 295K)

You can get those for cheap though.

Attached: Screenshot_20190824_073803.png (1521x707, 340K)

I bought three 120mm be quiet pure wings 2 for $10 each yesterday
did I fuck up?

a new case or cpu cooler

>proprietary
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I got these in my case. Silent when idle but they also attac heat with almost 100 cfm, cooling blue leds, and good pressure. Sadly I need 1 more 140 fan and I can't find any. The "brand" stuff feels expensive in comparison to what used delta and Chinese fans can offer.

how do you take these off for fan or mesh cleaning?

What's up with zooms and "noise". It's obvious that strong stuff takes space, is noisy or consumes power.

Attached: ALSEYE-PWM-4pin-120mm-PC-Fan-Cooler-12v-1800RPM-80CFM-Slient-Cooling-Fan-for-Computer-Housing.jpg (800x800, 56K)

>how do you take these off for fan or mesh cleaning?
Squeeze and pull.

Thin fans.
Scythe has them.
ID cooling too but not quite as thin. I'm using a 12015 right now and wouldn't recommend it.

p-please respond

yes

Got 4 Arctic F14 for Define R5, everything but GPU dropped 10'C. It was a pain to install, they are slightly thicker than standard bolts for front panel, had to drill a bit.

Attached: 71AD-E8a15L._SX425_.jpg (425x438, 22K)

The noctua ones are 20x for like 5-6 €, so they're not that pricey either.

>five yurobucks for 20 small pieces of rubber

27mm thick instead of the conventional 25mm. I got kinda inconvenienced by that too.

w-why

Wrong. It's sexy as all fuck.

Arctic F12, thats all you need
>Cheap
>Quiet
>Moves alot of air
>is white, not poopcolored

>inb4 still at X58
Will switch out the NH-D15 with a Kraken X72 AIO, can't fit the side panel since the noctua tower is too tall. Also got my X5670 to 4.2GHz, runs at 77+ °C with single fan. Can't fit second fan because tall RAM. Had to remove cooling fins. Lost the screws, will glue them back on when I get the X72. Also plan to add a RAM cooling fan so I can overclock the memory as well.
Will also add 2 Noctua 80mm fans at the rear. Already drilled holes.
/blog

Attached: photo_2019-08-24_15-47-28.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Have 6 AC fans in PC that are now 10 years old and they are still going stronk. Initially chose those because they have build in pwm header sharing cables and you can daisy chain them and retain full speed control. Can recommend.

same here, not 10 years but around 8 years old and going strong

>X5670 to 4.2GHz, runs at 77+ °C
>6 core Xeon
>running at 77c w/ a massive fucking cooler

dude, just get a 3600, it will spank that xeons ass and run super cool
not to mention that it will take a fraction of the power and wont be a massive bottleneck

Holy shit, this is painful to watch. Much like tying counterweights to your balls.
But I guess you can OC easily with this?

Attached: d94cb5d0.jpg (315x310, 22K)

>Who's the most quiet fan?
This is awesome

I'm still on X58, with that same Xeon in it actually. I just leave mine at stock though, poor board's had a hard life. A low-profile tower cooler with a 92mm fan on it keeps the thing pretty cool though, they're not bad at all on heat at stock.

I intend on getting a 3700x but I'm gonna wait until black friday and hope for a bit of a price drop. actually what I'd like more than a faster CPU is >24GB of RAM.

I like thicc boys

Btw, does anyone know if it's possible to swap these fans with something else? I know the wiring is completely different inside. Machine is a x3400 M3

Attached: 20190824_160427.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

Best: Noctua
Budget: Cryorig

Got it from 2.93GHz to 4.2. Probably room for more, but need better cooling.

I know, but it's still a solid performer for a 10 year old CPU. Got 897 points in Cinebench. Think I'll wait for Zen 2+, or the X3950 at good price.

R15 or R20?

R15

my 3.7 GHz Ryzen 1600 did 1240....
and thats a 65w chip

you first

what kind of bearing do they use

fluid dynamic afaik, just like the other artic fans, wich last forever

iirc that's basically a sleeve
thought arctic also had fans with ball bearings

Have 6 fans over here

Should I go with left or right?

Attached: fanc.png (768x459, 9K)

It's also 14nm and 2 years old.

right, if you can put bottom one it can help with chipset cooling

this
noctua is still quieter but it's like 3-4x the price

They have dual ball bearing fans but those cost more.
Also FDB are way better than sleeve bearing.

Unfortunately I can't, all the fan "slots" I have are on that picture, marked as X for empty ones.

Any suggestions for good hi CFM 140mm fans?
Gonna replace the FP14s on my Define R6 case because hot weater. Looking at 88-100+ cfm 140mms

Remove the top intake from the left image and use that. Having an intake there would just add unnecessary turbulence, but the rear top exhaust is fine.