>Read
(Wiki's back up)

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: aerBA1W_460s.jpg (460x300, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

europe.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/326134/RX-V373_om_En.pdf
web.archive.org/web/20120423011800/http://www.teraoptic.com/uk/v1-optical-termination-box.html
upc.ch/pdf/support/manuals/en/internet/ConnectBox/connect-box-manual.pdf
github.com/aheckmann/gm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a way to globally exclude a row from all mathematics in a spreadsheet?
I have a row that is a duplicate, that i dont want to be part of any of the mathematics in the rest of the sheet,but i also dont want to change 50+ formulae to bypass just this single row from being used on the sheet..
I need that row to be with the rest of the data or i would just copy it off screen

i want to roll my own vpn to this vps using this guide
i changed the os from debian to centos 6.
i entered hostname, ip, ipv6 but none of them works. it says connection refused on putty. what am i doing wrong?

Attached: Capture.png (836x516, 57K)

If I have a pcie gen4 nvme and a pcie gen4 motherboard, can I use a pcie to nvme adaptor without performance loss?

It looks like those cards are all just rerouting x4 or x16 lanes to an nvme connector.

Can someone provide me a link to the Linux sas2flash utility before I kill myself? I can't find it anywhere at all, trying to flash my LSI HBA to IT mode.

Attached: 1562722099224.jpg (960x606, 57K)

Did you start the SSH server?
Did you only setup a vpn? In which case putty wouldnt be the tool to use to connect

>posting that degenerate stabber
you need to go back

i couldn't connect to the server through ssh. there is no option to start anything i guess.
fuck it though it was only half a dollar.

What's the name of the word for when you're way too zoomed-in to a particular aspect of a project to recognize how it works on a fundamental/macro level.

Attached: 1525222712964.jpg (568x433, 166K)

To not see the forest for the trees?
To lack the big picture?

Am I an idiot for trusting Newegg open box items or will I be fine?

I'd like to learn some input from you anons. I am pretty clueless if it come to audio stuff, yet I am trying to not go full retard here.
Preface:
I've arranged some home cinema with following:
- Receiver europe.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/326134/RX-V373_om_En.pdf
- 4 x Samsung ps sa200e (front / rear) from old DVD home cinema.
- QLED 55"
- PC
And:
- I got both TV and PC connected audio via toslink.
- Got tested audio environment with some DTS sample files and everything works fine.

Problem:
The problem is I got also subwoofer (Samsung ps wa200e) which doesn't have internal amp and it is on speaker cables.
Now the new receiver allows subwoofer, but on audio cable only and does not provide amplification.
Is there any "intermediate" device which would connect those both or am I forced to buy a new sub w/ internal amp.

Also, am I good with this setup?

suppose you have a product and want to sell it to someone else for money, but neither of the parties can fully trust the other one
ie. if you give the product first, you will be scammed and will not see the money and vice versa
would it be possible, in theory, to solve this with some kind of an algorithm or a technology so that the risk of getting scammed can be eliminated completely?
the first thing that comes to mind would be a third party trusted by both guys. can it be done with only two parties?

Do all devices benefit from USB 3.0 over 2.0 or just certain things? Like for example I know an external hard drive will be faster with USB 3.0 but will it really matter with a mouse?

>have r9 290
>three monitors connected via HDMI, DP, and DVI-D dual link
>buy 2070 super, no DVI-D dual link outputs
any way I can connect my DVI-D monitor? a regular DP to DVI doesn't work because it can't support dual link. can I use my old GPU solely to connect the monitor?

no

Well, I know a usb powered fan sure isn't going to do any better regardless of if it's in a 1.0 or 3.0 port.

Now that Yalp Store is dead, what the fuck do we use

For the most part, no. USB3 adds more data contacts, so it can transmit data much faster, and it increases the minimum current draw that spec-compliant devices must supply, but neither of these things should really matter for devices that aren't likely to ever need either of those things supplied through the USB port, like printers, non-visual human interface devices, and so on.

>can I use my old GPU solely to connect the monitor
not while actually utilizing the new card you brought for games on that monitor

I only want to use the DVI-D monitor for youtube/netflix. it's a 1440p korean IPS from like 2010. still looks good but has outdated I/O

You could, in principle, have a small, separate amplifier just for the subwoofer, and either find one that uses speaker wire-style contacts for its input, or splice together the speaker wires onto the corresponding hot and ground wires in a headphone cable, then plug that into the input.

Frankly, though, it'd probably be better and easier to just get a standalone self-amplified subwoofer.

Then yes you can keep your old card alongside the new one if you have the power to drive both.
My setup is my main gaming screen connected to my graphics card and side screens(browser, IRC, etc) on the internal GPU

I'm trying to download a book from HTML to a printable formatted A4.
I tried converting with Adobe Acrobats' Chrome extension but it creates html issues. (Shown in picture)
I'd prefer to be able to edit the files with regex and bash.
What is the best way do this?

Attached: Untitled.png (2736x1824, 195K)

does brand matter? I have a 560ti and the aforementioned r9 290. and I read it'll affect PCIe lane speeds?

>does brand matter
No, it's just two completely different GPUs that your OS stitches together a desktop over

>I read it'll affect PCIe lane speeds
Not as far as I know, do you have a link to that claim? I guess there could be some motherboard weirdness

1. globally select all the rows below that row.
2. move this group down one row.
3. select the row you want excluded; there should be one empty row below it.
4. copy and paste the row's contents into the empty row.
5. delete the original row.
6. globally cut and paste all the rows below the now-blank row up one row.

WSIWYG philosophy in most spreadsheet programs has led to this thing where formulae automatically update themselves with new coordinates when cells, rows, or columns in their range are moved. This means that you can exclude a row by copying its contents into a row not referenced by the formulae, deleting the original, and moving the copy into its place.

aurora

thanks, I'll give that a shot. it'd be a shame to have to spend $150+ or return this card over a connector

Two questions,

One, im looking at a CAT s41 and its only rated to go to android 7.0, is there a way to force an update to android 9.0?

Two, is there a way to spoof the model of my phone for an app that requires a different model to work?

This didnt do anything, all the formulae stayed the same.

I used an nvidia together with an ati card in this set up for several years, just installed both drivers and plugged the monitors in, had no issue at all beside some slight lag when dragging windows between them.

I havent built a Intel pc in ten years. Do the stock intel cpu fans still pop onto the motherboard and then you give a little twist to lock it in? I hated that so much. I just recently built a ryzen pc and the screw mount for the stock fan was great.

Only if someboday made a rom for it, like on XDA, which doesn't seem to be the case. You may be able to download the app on a different phone and copy the apk over, often times there's no check beyond that, although you might not get updates.

The solution to this problem is escrow, which is what you'd call the trusted third party solution you mentioned. The problem here isn't even in the application itself; it's in game theory. Both sides have an incentive to deceive or defraud the other, and thus, sometimes, will if they can, or think they can, get away with it. This means that you'll always need something beyond the two to decide whether the transaction was fair, and that's not always a question an algorithm can be capable of deciding self-consistently, due to Godel's incompleteness theorems. Only a fully human-emulating AI could satisfactorily replace a human in such a role in all situations, and our AI isn't there yet.

In general it is not possible to ever make the risk of getting scammed at anything actually zero, both because that would imply building a complex application with no bugs or security vulnerabilities, which is statistically impossible, and because the question of whether someone has been scammed depends on the question of fairness - which, again, is nebulous, evolving, and mathematically impossible to answer universally by algorithm.

the check itself is done once the app is launched, i can download it but it tells me that my device is not supported.

Then you're probably out of luck.If you've rooted or bootloader unlocked that could be the issue.

no i havent but i will when i get my next phone, my current is a nexus 5x i got off ebay that was refurbished. cost me 65 bucks and is just a temp one. The app is fda regulated so theyre slow as fuck to add support to different devices

1. Theoretically, yes, but you'd need to either find an install binary written by a third party for your phone, or build one yourself.

2. That depends. In principle, yes, it is possible to lie to software about what hardware it is running on, but if there's some required hardware component the software will need in order to work (a screen, a sensor, whatever), you'll need to have a way to emulate those competently in software, and with small enough latency, or the software will be buggy at best, and completely nonfunctional at worst.

I don't know in practice how to spoof a phone model for software, and probably it depends both on the specific OS and software version number and the specific phone model. XDA probably knows if someone has figured this out for, at least, the OS and hardware combo you want.

Usually they would just set a limit in the play store of what devices could download it. If they've gone to the trouble of programming a whitelist into the app itself, they probably care enough that the app won't run on a rooted phone.

After an hour this is me begging. Please help.

please, its been 2 weeks

Attached: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Not looking at teh board specs but in the bios do you have an option for "AC 97" vs "HDA" in the audio selection?
Try using AC97 if you arent already

i have only HD audio device > enabled/disabled

Hardcore.
Can you toke a picture of the BIOS menus?
What kind of Video & Audio output are you using?

Attached: 15666133502125266855517067584381.jpg (3264x1836, 2.13M)

thats the thing, it doesnt detecent anything in my front/back 3.5 inpuits, or even mic
funnuly it auto instals Nvidia audio drivers and switches to my monitor audio, which is the only one i can use, even if i dont install the drivers for hdmi audio

Wild idea here user, Have you tried flashing an updated BIOS ROM?

mean setting to default bios driver ?

No, go to the develope of the mobos site.
they could have a "bios update"

i did that 1st, il do it again i guess

there is one from 12 days ago, il try again

try it with GNU/Linux or different Windows version. I had an Asus AM3 board a while back thats audio only ran on Win8 and Linux, not 10

Attached: 1930s.jpg (736x892, 278K)

Did you connect the front panel to the audio header on the motherboard?
It should be called HDA or AC97 on the motherboard.

Have you run windows update? Are there any yellow warning triangles in device manager?

How do you download a single image in Kuroba?

4chanx reset for me.
How do i watch a thread on posting?
I forgot.

Does anyone have any infographics on stopping all the spyware and malware and home phoning on windows 10? Im being forced to upgrade to win 10 enterprise ltsb

yes i did, thing is front panel is the last thing i tried
il try updating
and no yellow triangles
and only sound i can get is trought my monitor, even tho i didnt install the drivers for hdmi
also only thing i didnt try is instaling windows without my gcard in the pc, which is geforce960
thing is my monitor doesnt turn on if i plug it into the monitor, with the gcard in or not

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

i dont have sound in the front or back
this is the only thing i can chose

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

i have tried 3 diffrent windows 10
but why would i want linux on a new 1k euro pc
i payed a shitload so i can be at peace
also windows 7 doesnt work on this mobo

If I have a program that requires a software license, but I want it to be portable, the simplest way to do that is to download it to a USB drive and run it from the drive, right?

Could someone help me with some things I could convince her?

>#include
>int time =0;

Why does the c++ standard string pollute my namespace with the c time? And how do I tell it to fuck off

Anything that requires a license probably has to be installed, so it's attached to the PC in the registry etc. Where its files are located is irrelevant.

ok i have made some progress
now this is up
auto updating drivers isnt working

Attached: Clipboard03.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Still can't fix this Even though it sure seems otherwise, definitely can't be anything wrong with the PSU. I threw my old and new shit into pcpartpicker, and the est wattage only got lower with the new GPU and even lower with the new CPU.
After some testing I determined that it only does this at about mid to high load, and instantly (which I'm guessing rules out overheating). Started up Deus Ex and ran around for a bit with no issues.

What's the cheapest way to ship my desktop from Hawaii to the US mainland in a reasonable (like less than two weeks) time? The FedEx quote is like $150.

Try underclocking and changing the timings on the RAM.

If I set my boot drive in RAID 1 and it fails will the second drive boot without issue?

Is there any site from where I can LEGALLY download Campfire Pro?

>buy it you nigger
Pirating it is my best chance to stop being poor. pls help

Attached: gogoa.jpg (798x692, 85K)

>LEGALLY
>Pirating

Thats a solid pick one situation

I was mememing.
I intend to pirate it.

>Try underclocking and changing the timings on the RAM.
Isn't that basically what disabling XMP would do? Brings it down to 2400.
I tried that "Memory Try It!" meme for different timings and ended up having to clear CMOS.

To continue from the last thread...

How do I go from an SC connector optical cable termination box
web.archive.org/web/20120423011800/http://www.teraoptic.com/uk/v1-optical-termination-box.html
to the coaxial cable connected to my router
upc.ch/pdf/support/manuals/en/internet/ConnectBox/connect-box-manual.pdf

the only optical cable I have in my flat ends with that old/obsolete/outdated termination box. I don't see any outlet for the coaxial cable.

Is it worth moving to another distro just for wayland?

So... i just got a 3900X
I tried overclocking and when i'm going for 4.5GHz @1.35V , my PC shuts down in the middle of the test
Temps are fine (80C)
Is this how Zen 2 reacts to instability or is there something else to it?

I've had my PC about 2 years now, and this issue has happened to me twice now but I still don't know what caused it or how to fix it. When I tried turning it on I got no picture and no response from my mouse or keyboard, it will turn on but it doesn't actually do anything. When I turn it off by lightly pressing the power button it shuts off like a hard shutdown. The first time around I just left it alone for a few weeks because I procrastinated seeing someone about it. After that period of time I tried turning it on and it worked like normal. What could this possibly be and if anyone knows, how do I fix it?

what's the best program on linux (debian) to put a webm on the blank space?

Attached: 1564388703007.png (1304x1080, 1.07M)

how could I nuke my own router/wif-fi without password access?

q: what app do you use for browsing Jow Forums on android?

(This is for JavaScript)
Let's say I have some String s and some image i. I want to be able to output an image that is i but with the value of s printed over it in some font of my choosing. How would I go about doing that? I've never worked with image generation before and don't even know where to begin.

Attached: 1560248702708.png (174x315, 6K)

For image manipulation, finding bindings for imagemagick/graphicsmagick will work most of the time.

github.com/aheckmann/gm looks like the most up to date npm package.

I'm trying to use Konqueror but it sucks, namely because I can't figure out how to install extensions for it (and any browser without adblock sucks until it get some, obviously).
I referred to the guidebook and it says all extensions are viewable through the tools option, but there is no tools option anywhere in the browser, and "configure extensions" doesn't provide a way to add any. Does konqueror just not allow extensions?

Not worth it honestly. The only reason to buy the thing is for information management, right? So guess what, you can't use notes as categories like in say Zim Desktop Wiki. The map tool is nothing more than creating information points linked to certain coordinates in images, it's not like those dedicated mapping tools where you can create images from scratch and have the ability to put icons on certain areas of them to represent a location or point of reference.

Honestly if it weren't for the lack of mapping tools and better visual formatting, I'd say there's nothing that Campfire offers that Zim doesn't. And the latter is free, no fucking excuses for the Campfire dev team.

Thinking of buying JBL Arena 130s, but unsure what amp to get for them. On JBL's website they reccomend 20-125 watts of power for them at 8 ohms. Found a cheapo deal for a 40w 8ohm amp, but worried about clipping. Should I go for it?

Attached: biggu brainu.png (300x316, 29K)

how do I make a regex with 4chanx to filter out 'based' but exclude 'based on' or 'based from' etc

if it draws more than a tiny bit of power, then a 3.0 port can provide more power. but yeah a mouse is usually gonna be fine (sometimes even work better) with a usb 2.0 port

go to the audiophile thread, this question does not belong here.

Can anyone recommend me a good free video converter for Mac? I need to convert some flac movies to mpeg4

Handbrake?

How does a slim profile fan differ from an regular one? I ordered a 15mm slim fan by mistake instead of a regular 25mm one and started thinking about what downsides it might bring. Is the airflow worse than a comparable 25mm fan? Does it have to run at a higher RPM to move the same amount of air? Or are they more or less identical in performance just that it's better suited for sff?

Attached: 001.jpg (1100x733, 67K)

For any of you C gods out there:

My program has stack smash detected after the main method finishes executing. Also, when I combine the 2 files into the larger library file, there is no stack smash error. Wtf is wrong

Thank you. I forgot about that program.

My suggestion is to play with inspect element and change the styles directly in the browser. You can adjust the font size, remove unwanted elements, if you need to.
Then print to pdf when you're happy with the result.

Speaking of which, what are the alternatives to campfire and Zim? I need something more modern that has the ability to nest noted inside other notes, but is actually geared towards writing in general, so timelines, mapping tools and so on would be great, is there even anything like that on the market?

Attached: 1504988517598.jpg (500x506, 43K)

Is there any conceivable way my employer can know what I'm submitting to Jow Forums on the open wifi at work?
Obviously they can see I'm browsing Jow Forums, but can they know I spend half my shift calling people niggers?

do you know if a 4tb 5400rpm 6GB/s HDD with a 64mb cache would be considered slow?

Use TLS, then only hiro, cloudflare and the CIA know what you post.
Could be problematic, if your employer has installed a root certificate on your machine.
Then they can break TLS open.
The regular Jow Forums(nel) certificate is issued by COMODO.

always use vpn on a public wifi

Every time there's a major update for w*ndows something gets royally fucked.
This time, it's the borders on active windows which become the same color as the background, effectively making it look like windows have no borders at all.

Should I get a DAC? My cat puked all over my headset so I was going to buy an HD598SE and a mic to replace it. Would a DAC be worth it or not?