Arguments against C:

Arguments against C:
>No lambda, unreadable function pointer mess
>No monomorphism, inefficient void* tries to emulate runtime polymorphism.
>The latest C11 poorly emulates somewhat shittier version of C++98 "generics"
>No encapsulation, no modules, no standard dependency management mechanism
>Type unsafe pre-processor dependence
>Array decays
>No support for UTF-8 handling, the lead creators of C created UTF-8 themselves
>No type classes/OOP. Codebase clutters up with thousands of free functions. Devs have to end up implementing OOP anyways (see Linux)
>No RAII, no optional memory management, devs have to implement ref-counting anyways (see Linux)
>DRY violation
>No standard testing mechanism
>relies on pre-processor for conditional compilation/testing
>No mechanism to prevent double free, data race, invalid de-referencing
>No real language evolution because the standard committee boomers choking on their vitamin pill

Arguments against Rust:
>u trannie!
>but what abt ur dick hmm?
>u shill
>unsafe block?! omg rust is now c
>dilate hrt xDD
>he gay!!

It appears that Rust's superiority is creating massive butthurt.

Attached: Incel Repellent.png (1024x1024, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

azul.rs
github.com/redox-os/termion/blob/master/examples/commie.rs
heartbleed.com/
tiobe.com/tiobe-index
github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr
fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/zircon
github.com/cloudflare/quiche
github.com/cloudflare/boringtun
github.com/servo/servo
github.com/redox-os/redox
github.com/tokio-rs/tokio
github.com/uutils/coreutils
bit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol okay tranny

butthurt incel count: 1

You can write purely functional C, there's even a pdf for this if you google.

Arguments against Rust:
>No standard libary
>Bloat
>Lifetimes complexity
>Imperative.. why not just use OCaml (inb4 retards squaking about the GC, you can tune/remove it fully in OCaml)

Attached: JUST.gif (397x658, 964K)

Rust: nobody uses it, there are no jobs for rust developers, theres no good framework to make a GUI. Everyone uses C++.

In Rust's defense there are a lot of jobs, writing 'microservices' esp in the blockchain scam world.

I don't hate Rust, just I'd rather write it in OCaml or something

GUI is a solved problem. Use QML bindings.

Why would I use shitty bindings when I can easily use Qt Creator and C++?

If it's constantly shilled here, you know it's shit.

>C++?
At least it's not C

Attached: 1548072720735.png (1866x1944, 317K)

I guess C and C++ are shit then

At least we don't need shitty bindings.

C is constantly shilled here. Rust is shilled against.

>all those issues
>a-at least i dont need bindings
lmao cope

Rust is a pretty good IMPERATIVE language, if you want to program imperatively it's likely the best one going right now in terms of advanced user libraries to do things. However it's not functional whatsoever, and ppl confuse this. Also I think there's more tranny's in C++ anyway than Rust easily, gamer trannys are everywhere.

Let's not forget that C and C++ have no dependency management, build, testing, or benchmarking systems and that their includes are glorified copy-pastes

C++23 doesn't have this problem

>Arguments against Rust:
why should we bother if you only reply to those type of people? you don't even care about getting critique... this is just propaganda, I answered several times why i don't like Rust and why im fine with C even if its slower, you always put this meme green text that are actually not true.

>Compile times
Is it still slow? i like to save and compile very often is this shit still slow?

Unlike C rust has modules. It recently stabilised incremental module compilation. I guess it paves the way of faster hot reloading.

>includes
Fixed in C++23.
>tests
Google test.

C++20 is still under revision lmao

>still under revision
so your mem language
Rust follows gender fluidity doctrine, this means it will be in an eternal state change

Here's another raging incel running out of arguments

>A shitty, poorly-integrated copy of a feature Rust already has might be implemented in C++ in four years!

Attached: FBXzAGH.gif (720x238, 462K)

The OS is made on C, theres no point using your tranny language, if you are not an expert in C you failed as low level dev and should do babby web dev

Maybe in 2030 Rust will have a native GUI framework :^)

Conrod

imagine being so mad over cutting your penis off that you channel it into defending a language made for retards that can't manage their own memory allocations.

Ye then don't make it open source.

>but we have better tools
No, you had to push for the tooling because the language for it self wouldn't survive a day. meanwhile the rest of other languages have NATURAL tooling, your language had to grow a dick.

azul.rs
hardware-accelerated, at that

C++ is Javascript
Rust is CoffeeScript

Sure Rust has good ideas, but eventually they will be fully integrated into C++, and C++ will remain the industry standard.

Are you really comparing this shit with Qt? Kek

Rust is more like Typescript -- a safer, better version of JS which is already replacing it

goalpost.move();

>dude just reinvent the wheel every time lmao
No thanks. We enjoy making useful stuff.

Attached: npc cnile.png (1920x1080, 159K)

Moving goalpost is not an argument

>useful stuff
PLCs are still written in C; your dilators were probably made with machines using them.

Even Linux and Xorg is memory managed. Shut the fuck up coping cnile

OP's point: proved

>oh no they got me
>move goalpost

>theres no good framework to make a GUI
he's never heard of bindings

>that's the best comeback c++ fags can come up with

no shit: those projects managed their memory in C and assembly, proving that if you have to rely on your language to do it for you, you're too lazy or stupid to do it yourself.
cope some more, rustlet.
what's the point? that puberty blockers and HRT are linked with retarded development?

The OS is in C because it was written 45 years back into the previous century. There's already a nix written in pure rust which is more capable of temple OS you like worshipping. What a shitty analogy.
C is not x86. It targets PDP-11 and got popular back in the mid 70's. Being a cnile is a sign of retro hipsterism ironically.

Yeah lets use bindings of bindings of bindings instead of directly and easily using the framework.

You manage memory in Rust too. BC, raii and manual deallocation are all available in Rust. Unlike standard C rust allows inline asm too. You are out of any valid arguments.

all of those projects have also had huge security and performance issues because of it, lol

managing memory in c++ is not even an issue anymore, rust was too late

>if you have to rely on your language to do it for you, you're too lazy or stupid to do it yourself
No, that just means we don't want to waste time and code size to do something that's more likely to introduce bugs than speed anything up. And no, reimplementing linked lists in every project doesn't make you a better programmer. You must be incredibly shaky writing such deluded BS on a public forum.

Attached: segfaulting cnile.png (627x722, 114K)

Cloudflare wrote an entirely assembly version of djb's ed25519/poly1305. It's very possible to write 'safe code' if you know what your'e doing, in a specific environment, for a specific things.

>waste time
in other words, you're lazy and trying to cope.
>introduce bugs
in other words, you're stupid and trying to cope.
Rust's only accomplishments are lowering the standard of difficulty in writing code and inflating the egos of people that couldn't do it otherwise.

github.com/redox-os/termion/blob/master/examples/commie.rs

>dude just don't make mistakes lmao
heartbleed.com/

HeartBleed was so fucking pathetic that it took more than a decade to discover it because nobody thought the developers were stupid enough to do that.
They probably think Rust is cool now.

>I didn't discover the bug
>b-but I'm still sooo superior to all C programmers

Attached: apeshit.gif (570x537, 48K)

spoken like a true NEET
>productivity bad
>security bad

none of those are bad things, you're just inferior to C programmers who can achieve those goals because they usually to it better than Rustlets.

*assembly programmers laughing at you on the side*

That's right: Assembly programming is better than C programming, and both are better than Rust.

... nah it's not funny anymore once the bait got this blatant.

Attached: glasses.jpg (657x527, 40K)

The Rust shilling is off the scale this week. What's up with that?

rustconf just finished I believe

A bunch of Rust stuff just got announced so the shitposters remembered it exists
That too
They had pronoun stickers and that causes some people to make the Disney evil face

Attached: about to do capitalism.jpg (450x254, 13K)

tell me these aren't ridiculous with a straight face

Attached: bgqksbsx99i31.jpg (1200x900, 263K)

You're really gonna criticize this on an anime website?

Attached: 25294371.jpg (286x239, 11K)

Thoughts on Ruffle

>>No standard libary
>>>>No standard libary
>>>>>>No standard libary
>C

>TypeScript
>literally less popular than Rust, even Lisp
>"replacing JS"
tiobe.com/tiobe-index
Nice meme

I thought "they/them" was for gender neutral pronouns until I found out there are people with multiple personality disorder have co opted it and this is seen as acceptable. That's easily the most clinical mental disorder of any of the ones people like to pick on, even gender dysphoria. This is too much for me.

bros I honestly would prefer to use ocaml but the ecosystem is kind of shit and gives me lots of headaches when starting projects

be real with me, is it time to try out rust?

Attached: 1543375977838.png (650x500, 45K)

what are some rust resources for beginners

Attached: 1561494302730.jpg (600x796, 85K)

Give it a try. Rust is more complicated than gc Lang's though.
The official book is a good place to start

I love this thing. Rust is the best language ever.

I love not being able to "mutate" (awesome new word for change/vary) variables by default! I really like that Rust makes you beg for permission every time you want to do anything useful.

I love how verbose the language is, it's so ergonomic. Imagine just typing out exactly what you mean instead of having the compiler interrogate you like a jealous girlfriend about where your pointer has been.

I really love begging the compiler to just work, especially when I want to implement a doubly linked list. I have to specify "unsafe" or have someone else do the coding for me (import a crate). It's like being born with a dildo up your ass by default and having to beg for it to be removed just so you can focus on what you're doing.

One of Rust's best features is how it throws away all the baggage of having a common and well-supported environment like C and C++. Instead MODULES. Modules modules modules. And crates. We will rewrite everything in Rust before we can resume what we're doing! I love how the language changes daily and is so unstable that I have to use an out of date compiler just to keep my project stable.

I love having SJWs and trannies in the core team tell me what to do. I love having to apologise for being white and justify my existence by adopting the latest fad mental illness, like being a multi-gender-representing bisexual otherkin.

Fuck you Ceniles. Rust is the future, get out of the way.

Background: I am into cuckoldry and love femdom, I like being told what to do.

Attached: 3CBD3A0F-7F94-455F-9EF6-0CCFD10C225E.png (906x520, 45K)

>have no dependency management, build, testing, or benchmarking systems

Literally the very best software tools ever written are for C++, nigger.
We have separate, distinct solutions to all those problems because C++ encompasses everything from embedded, mobile, gaming, real-time, safety-critical, financial solutions, etc.

Your one size fits all Rust solution won't work.

Why are cniles obsessed with cucks?
Can't even spell cucks without C.

Rust is not verbose than C. Unlike C rust has generics. C on the other hand violates DRY.

There's a doubly linked list in the standard. Cniles reinvent the wheel because it's not in their standard library. Rust doesn't have this problem.

Modules - well C++ at least took the step to the right direction by adopting modules in C++23. Much much better than naive copy pasting symbols into the namespace.

>Rest of the garbage
Trannies and SJWs live in your head rent free. You are obsessed with them. That's why you can't talk normally without bring up your fetish.

>make and cake
>best
Lmao

>The Kernel and almost all other relevant software is written in either C or C++.
>Not all architectures even have a Rust compiler.
You forgot two important arguments.

Why wouldn't cargo work for any of those?
>inb4 embedded target support
It's only a matter of time before more architectures are supported, but most of the major ones are and rustc is LLVM so it should be pretty easy to port over

>rustc is LLVM
What's that got to do with anything?

More recent kernals are also being written in C

What do you even mean you fucking rustfag?

github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr
fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/zircon

github.com/cloudflare/quiche
github.com/cloudflare/boringtun
github.com/servo/servo
github.com/redox-os/redox
github.com/tokio-rs/tokio
github.com/uutils/coreutils

>pretending that redox os somehow compares to the zircon kernel
kek

>redox
You mean dedox

>I love not being able to "mutate" variables by default
Honestly I find this a bit annoying as well, and considering Rust forces you to write &mut whenever you want a mutable reference, it doesn't seem all that necessary. However, since calling a method on a type can implicitly take a mutable reference to a variable and Rust discourages hiding details like this, specifying a variable as mutable at least helps by forcing the dev to go "I don't care if you mutate this".
>when I want to implement a doubly linked list.
Here's some Rust code that does exactly that without any use of unsafe: bit dot ly/2LYqUsG
I'm sure if you spent even a few minutes thinking about the problem, you'd come to the same conclusion.
>One of Rust's best features is how it throws away all the baggage of having a common and well-supported environment like C and C++.
So no environment?
>everything else
good pasta

Attached: how to win.png (917x599, 46K)

A lot of those are advantages. You need ways to escape the type system when it's fighting you. C has also held up for so long because it wasn't coupled to the tools of its day when it was new.

Why yes, DRY violation is an advantage

>Fixed in C++23.
Also coincidentally the release date of Star Citizen, the time of Elon Musks first Mars landing and the year of the Linux desktop

lol

This

>Arguments against C:
>list only good points about C
?????

>And no, reimplementing linked lists in every project doesn't make you a better programmer
>he put everything in main.c and doesn't recycle useful functions
code monkey detected, go sperging somewhere else

Source?

This is missing a free on purpose, right?

Jow Forums catalog has about 6 threads shilling rust right now

yeah somethings fucky about this.. every single day lots of rust shill threads

whats their end game Jow Forums? i mean, most of the time they call Jow Forums users useless incels, so Jow Forums should be irrelevant right?

so why do they keep shilling it here?

because it's fun