Rust shilling

Any reason why there are a ton of rust threads today?

Attached: 77514C58-CBCB-4ED6-9E81-46C4E10C01A6.jpg (3024x4032, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
twitter.com/meh99/status/770272566166622208
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Webdev brainlets that got scared of C++ due to their professor teaching or reading a medium article talking about it like it's still C++98
Literally every language that isn't C or C++ is implemented in some way in C or C++
Even rust is just yet-another-LLVM-frontend language, just like all the other meme languages that fight for relevancy on social media

Attached: image (4).png (764x1200, 371K)

Rust is 37 people in San Francisco, an implementation rather than a standard.
C and C++ are standardized languages that have a due process between hundreds of people in enhancing the language to ensure a specification, not an implementation.

Attached: download.jpg (304x166, 11K)

Rust is a viral hype-driven language that is literally fighting for relevancy on places like reddit and Jow Forums.
Nearly every rust crate for game development or HPC or graphics library interacts with the operating system in any way is wrapped in a ridiculous amount of 'unsafe' scopes and is purely an unnecessary glue between C and C++ libraries at this point.

99% of Rust threads on Jow Forums, and >50% of pro-Rust posts in general, are transparent bait.

Actual Rust team members and crate maintainers are smart, professional programmers who know what they're doing (and have a really weird fashion sense, but in the tech industry you should be used to that already). They use Rust because it helps them solve real problems in real software, and they have no illusions about any kind of silver bullet for everything ever. None of them post here. Instead, Jow Forums is full of clueless enthusiasts who can't fizzbuzz their way out of a paper bag, much less write a coherent explanation of why one solution to a problem is better than another. Any thread on Jow Forums about an actual technical topic is equivalent to screaming monkeys flinging shit in a dark room. You will gain no insight from reading threads here.

Attached: firefox 64.jpg (800x658, 469K)

no Jow Forumsentooman need the performance rust provides

Attached: 00048.jpg (1280x1807, 370K)

it takes just one autist to shit the board

Hey g, do the needful and help me. A want to start programming in Rust, but not sure what pronoun I should take. Could you help me?

Attached: bgqksbsx99i31.jpg (1200x900, 263K)

>do the needful
Fuck. I haven't been on Jow Forums in months and I heard this IRL and the day I go on Jow Forums I see this.
Why are poo lords so synchronized

Please stop being racist, sir. It's violates code of conduct and such behavior is not acceptable in Rust community.

Sauce

Image search does nothing sauce?

Its not worth it desu it's 1000 chapters of pure fluff with an idiot airhead "sexy" girl and a nerd boy that doesn't deserve her attention

Attached: image (1).png (764x1200, 322K)

It's Amano Megumi wa Sukidarake

Attached: image (3).png (764x1200, 360K)

Art style is lovely tho

Because they use nonstandard gcc extensions

Because its creator(s?) are scared shitless that their fucking stupid little meme language is going to die off and are posting it everywhere just like how Python got "popular".
These fucking stupid little meme languages need to die.

Sounds based

Rust is made by a tranny

Rust is also supported by our lord and saviour tranny-fighter meh
github.com/opal/opal/issues/941

twitter.com/meh99/status/770272566166622208
so what's your point?

>tearing your stockings
I hate this

Attached: 86ebbb76.jpg (800x582, 101K)

You just made another one. How retarded are you?