Ryzen 2600 MSI b450 gaming plus RED CPU LIGHT no video!

ryzen 2600 MSI b450 gaming plus RED CPU LIGHT no video!

reseated the CPU a handful of times, reseated the ram 1 stick at a time in every slot, reseated GPU a dozen times, checked all power plugs dozens of times, took the motherboard out of the case and put it on cardboard to make sure its not shorting out in the case, reset the cmos twice,

what else is there to do? is the parts dead on arrival? which part is dead motherboard or cpu? what to do now?

Attached: JPEG_20190823_210228.jpg (4032x2268, 2.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/cunbkh/ryzen_2600_msi_b450_gaming_plus_red_cpu_light_no/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: JPEG_20190823_210243.jpg (4032x2268, 1.09M)

ask r/buildapc

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/cunbkh/ryzen_2600_msi_b450_gaming_plus_red_cpu_light_no/

Hope it gets sorted and you get comfy gaming times

>ryzen 2000
>gaming
lol

My AsRock b450 didn't start because the Power button and HDD button were +/- and it actually mattered which way I connected them.

I literally don't even - my old motherboard and other ones it didn't matter which direction you plugged the Front Panel power - non-polar connections I thought. But it gave me a red light until i switched it around. Idk.

instead of putting both 4 pin cpu connectors in , just put one of them and try powering it on.

Attached: ssss.jpg (1668x903, 382K)

just put 1 pin? how? what does that do. never heard anything about this.

it wouldnt turn on at all or just no video?

You forgot to reseat yourself on my lap.

that 8 pin connector is made of two 4 pin connectors. your cpu can still boot easily with just one 4 pin, and it checks to see if there is something wrong with the psu . it's a easy thing to check

Had a friend of mine have a similar issue.
Do you have an M.2 SSD? Try removing it.

Are you sure that the GPU and CPU are working?

no ssd

gpu yes
cpu dont know, its brand new

When in doubt reset CMOS

I'd guess detective board if the GPU is good. IIRC most of the PCIe control on ryzen 1 and 2 are on the board chipset. Other things to try are cmos reset and the other pcie x16. Know anyone with a ryzen board to test the CPU?

qtry with only 1 stick of ram

did both

the red light represents your bank account

pretty sure when there is a red light you must stop and not move my man

Show us your power supply op

This happened to me and the problem was the RAM stick.

how did you fix it?
i replugged the ram like 30 times

Just to clarify, when you try to boot it it holds on the cpu light?

>instead of putting both 4 pin cpu connectors in , just put one of them and try powering it on.
>that 8 pin connector is made of two 4 pin connectors. your cpu can still boot easily with just one 4 pin, and it checks to see if there is something wrong with the psu

That would accomplish nothing. At both ends of the cable each set of 12V and ground wires are simply connected (ganged) to their respective power planes. The reason for multiple wires is so they don't have to be as thick, it could've just as well been a single wire for each. There is no logic that detects or reacts in any way to a different amount of wires.

yes fans spin up no video

Probably a dead Vcore, had the same thing happen to me when I built my ryzen pc.

whats the solution. rma?

check pins on CPU . maybe they are bend . otherwhise you would need to ask someone to borrow another poozen cpu so you know which to send in RMA. also next time : buy a fucking motherboard with post code

OP, if your MOBO is still holding on the CPU light you may have a dead MOBO, CPU, or RAM. With RYZEN boards they have a weird issue where the CPU light could be cause by any of the 3. More than likely its just the CPU or MOBO, but with RYZEN it can even hang on the CPU light even if its not the CPU.

If you have already tried or already know:
Clearing CMOS (unplug PSU, remove CMOS battery, leave PSU in "on" state, hold power button or bridge the power pins for 30 seconds)
Reseating RAM/CPU
if you know the GPU is good
if you know RAM is good
-then you need to do an RMA on something. If you are 100% unsure I would say play it safe and RMA both the CPU and MOBO saying you can't verify if either works.

was meant for

gonna rma motherboard and cpu from amazon and buy it again off newegg cause faster shipping

>That would accomplish nothing

I had a power supply that would only power up my mother board when one of the two 4 pins was connected, over several motherboards. It's extremely unlikely that op has that same problem though

I had a MSI B450 dead on arrival. Same issue as you, checked everything and it ended up being the motherboard.

Take it to a local shop and have them test the parts if you don't have any spare.

ok thanks for posting this picture i wasnt quite sure what you meant by “cpu red led” but thanks to this close-up i have a much more clear understanding of the issue at hand thank you but could you post a close up of you monitor with no picture too??

I hate these threads because I know the disappointment of putting together a new build and it not working . I even see the amazon tape in ops pic and it makes me sadder

Attached: 1558726623424.png (796x1082, 94K)

my friend wanted to build a pc and i convinced him to buy a ryzen 3000 chip with a b450 board
took us like 2 days to figure out how to update the buggy-ass bios lmao

Not that user but my 2600 with a 4GB RX570 works well for most all the games I play. I can max out BF4/BF1, Rainbow 6 Siege, Metro Redux, most everything prior to 2017 with no hiccups at 1080p.

>nvidia
>novideo
color me surprised kikes!

Dumb bugman consumerist faggot.