twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

zipper heads

You tell me, because I don't know.

commoditization

they make good consoles

yeah well
in the land of the blind

no gaems
Also Sony's console shit is run by san fran hypergays now, so expect everything to be sanitized to fit their warped world views.

>no gaems
who cares
PC gaming is fucking shit with these prices
I'm unironically considering a PS5

not really. I'm sick of these "Media Players", I just want a thing that plays games, but i'm stuck with bloatware

They started relying only on fact they're Sony.

>paying for games

>sell expensive high quality products
>get undercut by dirt cheap servicable quality chinese products

ok good talk

Games don't really mean shit. These days, a PC can usually play what a PS4 can play (apart from mostly first party titles but most of those arent even THAT good anyway) because exclusivity in the consolw market is going extinct. Even Microsoft killed their own console and decided to just port everything to PC regardless if it's first party or not, though the Xbox doesn't really have that many games.

Unironically Samsung.

They make products aimed at a mainstream market but with a premium price
Their ereaders were the best out there, but they were far more expensive than a cheap paperwhite or oasis
Their phones were very expensive for very long while beaing just as good as any other android phone
Etc
Only thing they sell cheap are ps4s, and that's becaise their main source of income is the money generated by the ps4s, meaning a cut they take for micro-transactions, games sold, subscriptions, etc

california

Nothing?

Attached: 53533.png (336x225, 9K)

They took spider-man

apparently nothing

Attached: nysesne.png (675x447, 17K)

?

hubris

>consoles
nothing, all is good
>movies
they let burgers make the creative decisions
>hardware
stagnation, self-wank and koreans
their TVs are still one of the best choices

Le Spiderman nerd rage

nothing.
they found their niche.

Attached: TpIluCr.gif (500x620, 524K)

More liek onions-mouthed capeshit watching leddit cuck gets butthurt

OH NO
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 12133645641.jpg (622x391, 23K)

How much is that in Venezuelan monies?

They stopped making laptops and monitors.
They were top tier.

Dunno, they always wanted to have proprietary standards. USBs, flash cards, lens mount, charging cables, av out.

And they moved nice features like nightshot to their more expensive cameras. Years ago it was available in most cheaper models. And its literally a switch with IR lamp and a filter.

I also think they use too much plastic. There are many devices that could have been made of metal

VAIO is still a thing though.

> hardware
Also they own the sensors for most cameras, particularly if you want to peddle a premium smartphone or Nikon wants a new camera or something they have to go shop at Sony's to get that sensor.

Third point capital is putting pressure on Sony's other investor to spin-off their sensor business.

>PC gaming is fucking shit with these prices
nah it isn't
if you would look at buying a pc/console as a long term investment (six year for example), PC is more affordable
PS4 = 400$ launch price + 6 x 60$ for PS+ = 720$ (not including games)
for 720 bux you can build a pretty good pc that will run games better than any console
also there are many things that PC can do and console can't, like
>pirating games
>having full backwards compatibilty
>emulation
>upgrading hardware
>overclocking
>actually using it for work
>having the ability to install other programs on it
>connecting a keyboard and mouse
etc
consoles are only worth considering if you dont play online, and don't buy too many games

/thread

yep, ps2 was a great console.

normies are not gonna go through all those hoops to build a custom system to play games

they'd rather just buy a console and be done with it

>What went so terribly wrong?
Traditional Japanese businessmen and lawyers. The rest is details.

Attached: 1424923313214.jpg (488x410, 44K)

You are full of shit. The 400 dollar ps5 will blow the fuckout of any 400 dollar frankenstein used shit you could ever throw together.

in terms of consumer electronics/audio/video/TVs they were too ignorant and slow
average quality products with random nonsense gimmicks, proprietary interfaces and special cables and chargers, all for a higher price than the competition might have worked in the 80s, but not today. The market is too competitive and consumers too aware. Sony also has too many products and probably too much R&D costs for niche stuff
For example they still release and sell MP3 players, not just the $500+ audiophile ones, but also below $200 "budget" devices, that are often inferior. have weird gimmicks that probably cost thousands to develop and proprietary cables, and that basically applies to almost all of their audio and video products

They are only company in the world that told Disney to go fuck themselves, so they are based.

As an audio guy Sony’s products have some of the best R&D in the industry so honestly nothing.

All of it

now compare it to LG and samsung

Sony America. Please, for the love of god, somebody nuke the US pls.

They made Spider Man. Now Shitvel wants to ride the wave Sony created.

Yep, the PS4 saved Sony.

bloodborne, gravity rush 2, and shadowbringers are still ps4 console exclusive

As much as I hate PC gamers, they're the only real option for game longevity, easy piracy and last gen emulation simply because you don't ever have to exploit your computer to run arbitrary code.

Really? Who makes it?

>good tvs
>good phones
>good vidya
>good movies
>good headphones
>okaish speakers
Idk you tell me OP

I still to this day use an early 90s sony alarm clock radio next to my bed.

Attached: db2bd01b40c75bfa0e0e01a6b64e2ab5.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

And as a kid I also used one of these a lot for funs, still have it somewhere I dunno where.

Attached: sony_tcm-919.jpg (300x199, 16K)

The Jews.

>good movies
>good vidya
top lel nice b8

They can't market their phones.

>because you don't ever have to exploit your computer
that can be changed

I think a large aspect is the lack of coordination between their departments and race to the bottom. If Sony seriously integrated their tech and media departments, kept their stuff higher end and they could have had an ecosystem to beat most of their rivals.

Should have kept Aiwa as the low end spinoff getting second hand sony technologies.

They've already sanitized a lot of stuff and even banned one game from being released in the West. They also bully the Japanese developers, hoping they'll quit Sony. Sony Japan just allows this to happen. What an embarrassing cuck company.

Attached: Marfeels.jpg (679x864, 86K)

Retarded, childish, ego-driven executives making decisions, even for Japanese standards.

Attached: 768548h65y46.jpg (600x902, 99K)

They went the Applel route of being a fashion company in the 2000s and cut corners on product quality, which in turn impacted people's perception of the brand.

Lagging behind trends and attempting to force expensive proprietary formats and software didn't help either.

They made the PS3 but forgot about the games, then they got California'd and an enclave of trannies run the company now.

It's owned by some random investment fund now.

I'm actually curious though, are there any Vaio models that are good for grabbing to retrofit for modern use like Thinkmemes? Since I remembered loving their designs when growing up.

They didn't release the Playstation Phone

Their media division holds back their electronics division

The North Koreans buttfucked them beyond any repair

lack of chinese leadership

>What went so terribly wrong?

Attached: 1531122271026.webm (1280x720, 3M)

He said 720, you mongoloid

Clié, vaio, minidiscs, memory sticks, and sony ericcson didn't evolve into desireable brands past 2009.

Attached: 1549631566672.jpg (638x482, 79K)

>tfw your Vita's perfectly capable of being a cellphone but Sony never made it happen

managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managers managing managers managing managers managing engineers

Attached: 1560201046203.jpg (328x466, 26K)

Apple and gooks stomped their asses

Attached: 1551054549914.jpg (1582x1121, 280K)

this and
this

23 levels of hierarchy to the CEO, sounds Japanese I can confirm

What do you mean, user? All the best stuff is made in Japan.

Attached: 1550132046274.jpg (1246x858, 138K)

Ironically it's because of Disney's Mickey Mouse lobbying that Spider-Man isn't in the public domain.

$420.69

The expensive and weird ones, otherwise most of them aren't worth it and are pretty boring, they are only if you're a Sony fanboy

They make good spiderman movies.

>high quality products
what did he mean by this

Attached: 1565116414394.png (291x286, 117K)

and I was considering to get ps5
lmao, no, thanks
I'll stick to whatever works on GNU/Linux

niggers

this
Just look at how retarded and autistic nips are with their bureaucracy
youtu.be/gaABnATXQbY?t=400

Pretty much everyone in their gaming division has low T.

Their audio engineers are killing it, though.

Attached: 20190706_094732.jpg (1512x2016, 1M)

>Spiderman
Sony doesnt like money. They made the best latptops you could buy, and then just stopped.
Its a shame you cant get modern Vaios

Sony entertainment (gaming included) cucked themselves by listening to american libtards.
Sony entertainment is also run by westerners and jews (Stringer at sony music), its all cucked and pozzed.
Their camera division is doing great because thats still run by japanese and they are keeping to traditional company practice of innovation and research.
They sold of their tv/display division to samsung, now they produce low cost lcd tvs and buy oled panels from lg.
Mobile division is a joke, possibly run by some coc western retard.
They literally dont exist in pc market.

Also watch 24:49 onwards, the pure retardedness from the nips

Jesus christ

you're on to something. No one buys the things sony was good at making. camcorder? cellphone. alarm clock? cellphone. fax? cellphone.

unironically, Sony would be better off ditching the playstation. Even though it's carrying console gaming by competing with Microsoft.

Attached: 3068150-6032787850-1btMQ.png (640x434, 29K)

Their managers are not any worse than Microsoft's.

I never thought I'd say this, but I fucking love my Xperia.

Shut up, Marty.

>good movies
lmao the emoji movie is so good man