/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Pentium G5400 - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>i3-9100F - Recommended minimum gaming
>i5-9400F - Good gaming CPU with great value
>i7-9700K - Great gaming CPU
>i9-9900K - Overkill gaming CPU

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs don't benefit from high speed RAM; 2133CL15 is fine
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA, multiplatform games, PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used GTX 1060s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060 - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 (Ti) - standard
>RTX 2060 (Super) - very high fps
1440p
>RTX 2060 - minimum
>RTX 2060 Super / 2070 - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - higher fps
>RTX 2080 Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 500GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: intel.png (1200x795, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles-pages/promo-vip-scdkey-games-and-windows-10-office-dup916d,1.html
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zDV7D2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 punk motherfuckers start seething because they got clowned

last thread

>the honker is here

Any of you used a biostar mobo for ryzen, how bad is the x370gt7?

>i3-9100F - Recommended minimum gaming
now you're pushing it

Attached: 1565717376173.png (1228x1150, 191K)

>4k
>>RTX 2080 Ti
should have been kingpin 2080 ti MINIMUM

Attached: 1566601280684.png (1310x730, 864K)

Reminder

Attached: AMD_vs_Intel_priceperformance.png (2523x820, 605K)

I'm very out of date on my GPU knowledge. What are these founder editions that people keep talking about? Are they limited edition or better than the other cards in some way?

>$450 for the 9900k
damn I remember people on pcb buying it for like $850

is that with security patches or not?

why is the 9700k faster than the 9900k? is the 9400F faster still?

You also have specific laptops within a line that are better and the model names mean nothing. I keep looking at 3:2 screens and they look nice but aren't great otherwise right now.

Kek do people even read the OP anymore?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Why do vega 56s have such an insane power draw out the box?

You can drop the voltage 15% with no impact.

it's just reference cards with dual fans

Hoping someone can help. Recently got a 1TB SSD to go along with my 500GB SSD, and 4TBHDD. I had to switch the chord from my PSU to get one long enough to reach them all, but other than that, I didn't do anything different . Now my HDD wont show up at all and I don't know what to do. Is it possible the chord from the PSU isn't able to power them all?
Its not even showing up on bios, but the sata should be fine, because it was just working

Attached: Untitled.png (1348x1062, 56K)

>do people even read the OP anymore
I hope not

doubt it, they just ask partpicker questions

9700k has two more cores

>One side at a discount
>Pricing and benchmarks show different CPUs
>3600x missing completely
Really made me think.

What monitor to grab with 3700x and 5700 xt?

try separating storage in to cables, but it's most unlikely it's power issue since it's going form same rail
probably sata port try inserting hdd in another one

Alright, I switch the ports/cable and see if it helps. Ty

>Is it possible the chord from the PSU isn't able to power them all?
that is possible, but unlikely. what is on that cable? disk drives have very low watt draws, but if the cable is also powering something sizeable you may be maxing out a rail. unlikely but possible at least.
more likely something else got changed when you were messing around in there, or there's some other issue. verify the cable works, change it back to see if it comes on, etc. also post pics I wish we got more internals pics.

acer XB273K

On the cable is two SSDs and one HDD. You dont want pics. My cable management is awful

>Graphics card purchase warning is gone

D'you think it'll be worth waiting until Christmas for a deal?

Honk honk

Attached: 1563721897015.jpg (504x504, 36K)

A price correction won't happen for years, if at all.

I like those pics though, pcb doesnt get enough build pics
I cant believe that is maxing out your rail unless you're on a really destitute psu, you probably have some other probem
just to give you a bit of a scare, maybe you fried your hdd

1440p one.

just buy it, the more you buy the more you save

I know it's all speculation but will the Asus VG259Q be launched in 2019 or 2020? I heard the new acer 1080 144hz was bad. Not sure about the AOC one.

Attached: think.png (326x326, 18K)

wait for 240 hz ips

all 3 buy from AUOptronics. so yea, same panels.

ANYONE???????????

3950X WHEN?

>Intel shill OP, yet the linked example gaming builds are all AMD

Just got all my parts. Should I buy Windows?

Attached: windows-10-logo-100717399-large.jpg (1200x827, 47K)

when threadripper comes out, never

WHAT?!
WHY?
WHAT HAPPENED TO SEPTEMBER?
ANY LINKS PLEASE?

2,5"sata ssd or m.2 nvme for system drive?

I did the thing where you turn a co2 blower cartridge upside down to blow out liquid co2 on my cpu heatsink to pretend I was doing ln2
lowered temps 45 degrees and was having fun but now I feel like an autist

m.2 nvme not close, they're the same price these days and nvme is so much faster

only if you get it under $15. there are offers, around look it up.

buy a $5 license on ebay

Unless you are moving massive files there is no reason to get NVMe.

it's over user. they canceled the launch because you weren't patient enough.

and so much hotter, and so much useless for OS and games

Are pro licenses cheap too?

h-how long?

Attached: 1545005515970.png (630x399, 644K)

Are there any grey-market key sites that are relatively trustworthy?

late 2019 for 1080p, early 2020 for 1440p

I swear this whole board was AMD one week ago, now its all 'you got clowned' wtf what happened

September 7

yes, ebay
OEM licenses are sold left and right
or this
guru3d.com/articles-pages/promo-vip-scdkey-games-and-windows-10-office-dup916d,1.html

I don't know about that, prices could fall as early as 2020 in my opinion.
Intel will supposedly release their discrete GPUs that year; If they're competitive it will probably bring down GPU prices.
Also, depending on which analysts you listen to, a recession might be on the horizon.
Since this would reduce the demand for luxury items like graphics cards, prices would fall as well.

>liquid co2
???

weekend happened.

people tend to come and go from pcb, the people building new zen 2 systems have made them then left, now pcb is starting to get back to trolling and fanboy shill wars

Hey fellas, it's time to upgrade my PC as the CPU isn't meeting the min req.s for games. I've had my current PC for ~8 years (upgrading GPU and SSD) and want to build a mid-tier PC that will last a while.

I've made up this list:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zDV7D2

I already have the monitor and storage. Could you check it looks okay, offer suggestions etc.

Plus would it be worth investing in m.2 storage, and if so what would you suggest buying?

I mainly use the PC for gaming.

THERE MUST BE SOME NEWS OR LEAKS OR SOMETHING?
SAUCE PLEASE????

How is a Corsair Force MP510 240 Gb and a Crucial MX500 2 Tb ? One for OS/App and the second for game.

when my 5700xt arrives I'll be gone too
I pity all anons who will be tricked into i5s and overpaying for 2060S. I can't fight autism daily, sorry

>maybe you fried your hdd
I was thinking that but I cant for the life of me think how.

>THERE MUST BE SOME NEWS OR LEAKS OR SOMETHING?
there's been literally nothing, not even a "it still exists" confirmation

all EPYC dies go to EPYCs. threadripper not coming soon. they need to fulfill demand for EPYCs

it's nearly September, guess I can wait a bit longer

>when my 5700xt arrives I'll be gone too
I just wish you guys would post builds before you left, most people are only here when they order parts and don't post progress pics or anything. it's so unsatisfying to help somebody with a build over a few weeks of them planning and then they never post again after they order. it would be fun to see it irl.

>threadripper not coming soon
not only is threadripper not coming soon, it's been said that threadripper will actually be split into two launches, with "workstation" threadripper not coming out until 2020. lol.

DONT TELL ME I WAITED 4 MONTHS TO JUST GET AN INTEL CPU????
ONLY REASON I WANT AMD IS BECAUSE OF THEIR RIDICULOUS PRICE COMPARISON TO THE INTEL 12/16 CORE CHIPS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHERE DID U GET THIS INFO?

IM PRETTY FKIN MAD U NIGGAS BEST BE TROLLIN

I will post it here and on bst but I'll get bullied, there is RGB. Its my first build in 10 years so i guess I can handle the bullying.

They did an OC run at E3. Look it up. Why September 7?
July 7 : Ryzen
Aug 7 : Epyc
Sept 7 : Ryzen 3950X
7nm, man

>progress pics
Everyone here just builds windowless black boxes.

but you can get 12c now. there is only point if you are waiting for 32c.

Probably not. Wait until custom RX 5700 (XT) are widely available if you want to get one of those, most good customs are unavailable or overpriced right now. I doubt there will be much of a price drop for other cards. Good deals may always show up.

but I want to see the parts going together and the build progressing, I dont judge bad cable management or taste

Too much work and it's kinda boring unless it's a weird build or mitx tetris.

THAT IS A FAIR ASSUMPTION
YOU GUYS SAYING THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THE PRODUCT BECAUSE OF EPYC ARE KILLING MY SOUL
I WAS WAITING FOR LATENCY BENCHMARKS CUZ 3900X SUCKS BUT YOU'RE RIGHT MAYBE I SHOULD JUST ORDER IT NOW
BUT 16 CORES IS SOME HIGH TIER SHIT YOU'D BE SET FOR A DECADE AND ITS UNDER 1000$

threadripper 9/9/19

>not getting the 16 core threadripper with quad channel memory and higher clocks + voltages

There's really nothing to see unless people are doing something interesting like custom water cooling or RGB, and that kind of stuff is hated here.

WTF is this? How do I fix it?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (366x125, 19K)

>custom water cooling
I wish this wasn't such a meme. you get ahead in performance but then after about a year to 6 months you just have current gen performance in an incredibly unwieldy package

It looks good though I see you have a lot of different HDs listed. Why do you have the hitachi 1TB? as for your boot drive you may want to consider 250 for just OS and some applications or 500 if you want to store some games on it as well.
M.2 and sata ssd are virtually the same for a gamer so just go with the sata.

So, I switched ports and sata cables, but still nothing. I guess the last thing I can do is switch the power cable, and if it doesnt detect then, its probably fried?

I bought the 1TB 8 years ago and have kept it as it hasn't failed yet.

At present I have 128GB SSD for OS and 1TB SSD for games. Windows 10 is getting bigger so I thought I might upgrade it to a 256GB SSD.

Cheers for the heads up about the M.2.

I figured I'd get that stuff initially and upgrade as I need it.

DOESNT WORK WELL FOR MY PURPOSE APPARENTLY BUT YOU ARE BASICALLY RIGHT
I'M A MUG, AT THIS POINT IVE JUST GOT MY HEART SET ON THE 3950

HOW CAN THE THE THREADRIPPER 16 CORE BE $600 WITH QUAD MEMORY? IT EVEN HAS HEADROOM TO OC (NOT THAT I CARE ABOUT THAT). HOW CAN THESE PRODUCT COEXIST WITH SUCH SIMILAR PRICES?
WHAT IS THE DRAWBACK TO THREADRIPPER? LATENCY? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG RIGHT?

3950X is absolutely coming in September. Threadripper is also absolutely coming. The CEO herself said they will talk about it THIS YEAR, whether or not it will also launch this year is another matter. If you're getting a 16-core because of future-proofing then you clearly don't need that many cores. Just get a 3600 or 3700X, by the time you'd need more 5nm Zen4 will already be available, and you can still get a 16-core Zen3

But it looks better and is quieter. And lower temperatures will mean the hardware lasts longer before failing.

Got clowned from Jow Forums to buy ryzen 2. Mobo died in less than 2 weeks. I have been for 3 weeks without a PC while waiting for rma. Fuck you and fuck /pcbg/ im still waiting and soon it will be 4 weeks. I refuse to buy another motherboard until the rma answer me

Can you give me a 4k emulating build that uses Intel and a GTX 1080? Under 1000 USD.
I was looking at the 9400f but idk if the 9600k would be way better.

>Cheers for the heads up about the M.2.
he's misleading you btw, there's no reason to buy a sata drive over m.2 if you have an open m.2 slot

IS IT JUST THE SOCKET AND MOTHERBOARD?
>PIC RELATED
BUT I KNOW YOU ARE KINDA RIGHT, BUT AT THIS POINT I WONT BE SETTLING, I ASSURE YOU I CAN PUSH THE CHIPS. RIGHT NOW I AM MASSIVELY LIMITED BY MY CURRENT MACHINE. I AM LE SCIENTIST. ITS VERY HARD TO PROGRESS WHEN YOU HAVE TO RENDER EVERY STEP INSTEAD OF FLUIDLY TESTING THINGS AND COMPARING SAMPLES IN REAL TIME.

Attached: MFW.gif (498x274, 2.21M)

Really enjoying my 5700xt, up from ~48fps to about ~80fps on The Division 2 1920x1080 with all the goodies. Finally seeing CPU usage go above 30% on my 3600.

NVMe is important for the SSD having OS and appls ?

If you're okay with them melting a hole in your motherboard.

I don't know why you come on /pcbg/ to troll, this is such a helpful general

I'm still using my Samsung EVO 860 as a boot drive and to store my AAA games, Is there actually any noticeable performance boost from going to m.2 if you aren't transferring large files all day long?