Is it true that Americans can't use contactless payment? Is it because they're a 3rd world country...

is it true that Americans can't use contactless payment? Is it because they're a 3rd world country? what's it like having to carry cash AND guns around every time you go outside? why is America so far behind Europe? is it genetic?

Attached: 33283_Contactless-payment-1.png (620x460, 620K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltransactions.net/samsung-pays-mag-stripe-emulation-advantage-might-be-short-lived/
indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/sbi-starts-blocking-insecure-atm-cards-yours-could-be-one-of-them-1030665-2017-08-21
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*bumps into you*
oops, excuse me (and thanks for your cash)

*tells my bank about the illegal transaction*

no problem mate don't worry about it

They think it's satanic witchcraft.

"if you dont like it here why dont you get out"

on my iPhone you have to have your finger on the fingerprint scanner to activate the NFC chip. I don't carry my debit card around usually.

What is it like being customer of a credit institute that has no fraud department giving me all my stolen european money back?

don't worry, i only went to florida a month ago for 2 weeks and i can safely say i'm never going back

Why are europoors so obsessed that they make fud threads on Jow Forums? RENT FREE

not even americans think about america as much as euros

Was the massive shitflinging thread yesterday not enough for you, OP?

>Doesn't like guns
Kys

Contactless payments have been fairly widespread in the civilized parts of the US for at least 3-4 years, longer if you're in a major city.

Also, Samsung Pay is contactless, but works with non-contactless credit card machines due to the magnetic stripe emulation Samsung pay can use on top of NFC.

>magnetic stripe emulation
lol

Yeah, how dare I want compatibility with credit card machines going back 20+ years?

>samsung pay

yeah right lmao, companies see no need to go along with this meme if the US is starting to catch up with europe on contactless

digitaltransactions.net/samsung-pays-mag-stripe-emulation-advantage-might-be-short-lived/

>carry cash
>AND guns
>every time you go outside

feels like I'm an actual adult, not a perpetual child under a nanny state.

Attached: mfw.jpg (620x310, 63K)

>be me
>visiting a friend of mine in Dallas, TX
>visit a grocery store to buy a bottle of water
>-Water? Drinking water? We have only holy water
>whatever, take a can of Coca-Cola™ instead
>it will be 2,99 United Statesian Dollars+ Tip
>pull out my phone to pay
>cashier immidiately pulls out his gun
>got shot
>cashier sprays holy water on me and convert me to monopolism
>die

No shit, long term MST doesn't mean much, but obviously in the US, especially the mid-west and south, you'll often run into much older credit card machines that only use the magnetic stripe.

Why the fuck wouldn't I use Samsung pay since it works on normal contactless AND older credit card machines?

There isn't a downside to having MST.

Water? Like out of the toilet?

We carry guns because the united states is home the most dangerous fauna in the world.

which is more secure?
wifi or ethernet cord?
now, with that said, which is more secure?
contactless payment or contact payment?
ask yourself, what makes a contactless payment appealing? because you can hover your card like some starwars kid who pretends they are using the force?

Attached: 1562518001900.jpg (341x604, 68K)

I sometimes wonder how much of these are exaggeration, and how much people actually think this is what america is like?

so what you're saying is there are vast, vast regions of the US that are 20+ years behind the rest of the world, making the US a 3rd world country?

I pay in cash in Funland. Why would I want to promote a cashless society? It's just another step towards a dystopia. As for contactless, it's too feminine a way to pay. If I used a card to pay, which I don't but if, I would want to slide it in the gash.

>not exclusively paying with cash
it's like you want to be tracked

you just tell the bank if someone fradulently takes money from you, and they cancel it. I understand that this might not be the case in the USA where they make you pay half a years pay when you break your leg though

Of course? The same is true for every massive country.

Do you think the far canadian north has fiber internet and contactless payments?

Do you think far eastern russia has amazing infrastructure?

Do you think Xinjiang or the Mongol steppe are highly developed first world regions?

Don't be an idiot.

yes but it isn't ubiquitous like chip yet. Only one of my cards came with it.

Attached: 1565367543340.jpg (715x795, 60K)

all of those countries are third world

> irrelevant euro education strikes again
Literally tens, if not hundreds of thousands of stores in the US have this.

>bullets kill him
Ask me how I know you're a Europoor

I live in Europe and pay ONLY with cash. Who the fuck wants to use this botnet shit?

China and Russia are 2nd world (since they were part of the Eastern block)

But Canada is a NATO country, that's First world.

US + NATO is First world Western block

USSR + Warsaw pact is Second world Eastern block.

At least learn what first world means before claiming canada isn't first world.

>US
>first world

>NATO
>a thing

the things americans tell themselves...

Obsessed

...i mean it's LITERALLY the definition of first world.

You can't just decide it's not the definition cause you want to.

calm down you're getting too loud

good reference user

Attached: unknown.png (278x199, 13K)

obesed

>be american
>get shot

Attached: 1498043360778.png (397x504, 295K)

Why does it matter?

You'd be surprised. I've been here 10 years now but grew up in Canada (pretty much America lite) but even being right there the outside perception of America is really shit. Now I actually love it but do wish to see it improve from this technologically regressed and racist Bible thumping form

I live in a small town of ~8k< and I've been able to use google wallet when it was first released and the galaxy s4 was brand new, that was 6 years ago, and the tap to pay readers were already available years before that. considering i live in bum fuck no where and have had this available for close to 10 years, I highly doubt any places except like rural west virginia don't accept it. hell all the zoomies and normies in my town exclusively use venmo and apple pay everywhere. the only people perpetuating this meme are non americans themselves because you are faggots or anons who live in a trailer. the only ""true"" part is the chip was only recently unrolled in the past few years but tap to pay has been available for at least a decade in my small town, so in cities probably much longer.

It's cause we are guinea pigs. I'm from eastern Europe, we have had that shit a decade before western European countries, cause they weren't sure it was going to work out nicely. 'Merica's a pussy and waits until it works out for other ppl.

Why does anything matter?

Attached: 1ze3.gif (500x492, 31K)

nothing to hide

You have no idea what emulation means

Attached: 1565982213784.jpg (450x405, 69K)

This. Europeans remind me of AMD skids from the FX/APU era, constantly dogging on Intel and Nvidia in their own little corner of the classroom, digging their assholes and having contests to see who can eat the most crayons.

Honestly, why are europoors so obsessed with America? Is it because we’re the big kid on the block? Is it because we’re the only superpower? Is it jealousy? Realistically, you guys circlejerk around America more than Americans do.

it pretends to be a magnetic stripe by giving off a magnetic field that mimics a stripe from a card.

It IS emulation.

>carry cash AND guns around every time you go outside
Wtf I love america now

Why do Europeans make everything about Americans and how much they hate America?

America tends to take a "not broken, don't fix" mentality on these sorts of things.
Contactless offers literally no functional benefits over the classic magnetic stripe and moving to contactless is a lot of work, so it's better to just keep the tried and true method of payment.

>get new credit card
>it has one of those "chips" europoors on Jow Forums keep raving about
>go to mcdonalds
>order two mcdoubles, a mcchicken, 20 chicken nuggets, 2 large fries, and a mcflurry
>attempt to slide the chip
>"you have to insert it in the slot underneath, sir"
>the slot takes 30 seconds to find
>60 more seconds for it to "verify"
>beeps when it's done
>go deaf from beeping
>by the time I get to a table, my food is cold and a random shooter has gunned down everyone in the restaurant
>have to tip the shooter
>he only accepts credit cards
>"you have to insert it in the slot underneath, sir"
>get shot because I can't find the slot in time
>now $130k in debt from hospital bills

How the fuck is this better?

Attached: 1563790318311.jpg (600x400, 39K)

Please tell me this is not an OC copypasta. Fucking A+.

it wasn't a reference

>contactless payment
>fast and easy
i have to enter pin every two or three payments

That should just depend on your specific account limits.
Even cards from the same bank but different accounts will have different times when they'll need to enter a pin or not.

Most cards if it's under $25, no pin is needed.

My grandfathers card only asks for a pin on $100+ purchases.

Even India is phasing out magstripe credit cards.
indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/sbi-starts-blocking-insecure-atm-cards-yours-could-be-one-of-them-1030665-2017-08-21

Attached: 1538044636088.jpg (200x200, 5K)

Murrikans don't know what a kettle is

black hands typed this post

Why dont americans have PIN on credit card?

>gets a SMS 5 seconds later
>checks it
>hmmm
>opens the app and cancel the transaction

I'm European and I've never had contactless payment and don't see any need for it.

america has had contactless payment systems in place since 2003

underrated

KEK

only cash. fucking nigger botnet zoomer board.

R E N T F R E E
E
N
T
F
R
E
E

Being a Moroccan in Europe don't make you European

Attached: 1558306328169.jpg (628x960, 48K)

You don't have to enter a pin number?

While this is technically possible it's very expensive since you will need to procure a terminal capable of such transactions from some financial institution.