Never uses central heating again

>Never uses central heating again
Post overpriced but otherwise great technology

Attached: nigg.jpg (1000x887, 46K)

Except that a 15$ heater is just as good.

And where the fuck do you live that heating your house electrically is cheaper than central heating?

Attached: 812VRxICibL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 271K)

fr user where tf is the heating bill sohigh

>using glow coils.
>not using superior infrared heat so you can feel comfy at a fraction of the energy consumption.

Attached: Infrared_heating_panel_gif_faf29374-47e7-4fcf-bb84-e72a51c88847_large.gif (330x200, 122K)

how fucking old are you dick heads? just go without heating. It's not that cold, even in winter. I haven't used my heater for over 10 years now and even the coldest days I am not desperate for heating.

Heating is for old people.

edit: obviously if you live in siberia or some shit its necessary

Once you have warm feet, like thick wool socks, your whole body gains a lotnof temps. Cold feet are a desthsentence, ask germans at ostfront.

>t. 3rd worlder who lives in some tropic shithole.

>electric heat
wtf is wrong with you people

if you live anywhere with freeze/thaw cycles you need it. It's not just about comfort, but also keeping your pipes from bursting, wood from buckling, and stone from cracking.

>it's not that cold, even in winter
how can anyone be so arrogant and stupid, not everyone lives in Brazil you monkey

I live in the UK mate

say that when it's -30c outside

Here in the Netherlands they want to make it mandatory.
No more natural gas.

Why are you calling me mate?

>be Norwegian
>snow from October until April
>all electric heating
>bans incandescent bulbs

>heating
i'm in the desert I need cooling

Isn't this one of those dyson fans? They make heaters now?

>Phoenixfaggotry
try living in any normal place that has snowy winters and get back to me on that

You're SOL. Central or nothing.

i prefer to just take the door off my microwave

>official homepage doesn't list energy consumption and comparisons to other heating solutions
what's supposed to be so great about these?

I'm not him, but I live in Brazil and we have cold here in the south, and our houses are built in the same way that the northern brazilian houses are built, and we have no central heating, so it gets fucking cold inside even with only 10ºC, even though we get negative temps often in the winter.

Attached: neve.jpg (800x445, 72K)

Why the fuck does Europe pretend to be better than America at energy?

As for the Netherlands it's because gas extraction is causing earthquakes here.

Government decided it's cheaper (for them) to make everybody convert to electric heating than to deal with damage claims from people who got their homes destroyed.

>Using any kind of direct resistance heating for anything other than warming a very small area for a very short period.
What the fuck is wrong with you people? We're a few months away from 2020. Use a heat pump, you fucking savages.

Attached: P1060428.jpg (1024x768, 203K)

>I live in the UK
>where the pipes are above ground and burst to shit if it gets too cold
>also use two faucets on one sink
Can your backwards ass cuntry finally leave the fucking EU and fuck off for good? Also leave Scotland alone

>Two faucets on one sink
Do bongs really do this?

Yes, apparently they plug the sink, let the water inside and "bathe" their face inside that muddied water
I dunno, must have had a water deficit in their landlocked mountain country to think of that bullshit

Tesla.

Attached: [Untitled].jpg (528x528, 79K)

I’m an HVAC/R guy.

>balls sweating hot here
>still living with dad while saving money for a house
>tell him we should get at least a mini split system so we can stay cool
>tells me he wants only the portable AC units from Costco because they’re portable
>tell him it will end up costing more at the end of year and it just gets in the way and the hose lets heat get back into the area anyways
>dad throws a fit and starts yelling and that I want to waste money

I have one of those fancy fans but it's just the big tall blower normal version. Not the fancy heater/filter ones.

>why yes of course I burn coal to heat my house during winter, how could you tell?

Attached: 1566042528939.jpg (499x615, 21K)

Ductless mini-split > window unit > portable AC
Right? Where do regular duct central heat/AC units fit into this?

10°C is sweater temperature wtf

Even a window unit is far better than a portable. Dual hose units only have the heat from the hose going into the room issue but the single hose units most people get because they are cheaper also pull in warm air from the outside by creating a negative pressure inside.

>gas extraction is causing earthquakes

Attached: b90.png (645x729, 127K)

>not getting free heating by mining crypto
wew lad>

Attached: mini-mining-farm.jpg (640x480, 98K)

if it's -30c where you live it clearly a message from God for you to move somewhere else

Attached: power9.png (880x335, 297K)

The only people saying it doesn't are paid oil company shills.

Traditional ducted A/C + Furnace systems are < Ductless mini-split. The reason is ducting losses, which aren't small. You lose in both needing electricity to run the large blower, and as thermal losses running ducts through unconditioned spaces. Also the furnace part is probably burning oil or gas. Oil is dirty and propane is expensive. Natural gas is okay if you can get it.

So pure electric ductless mini-split is pretty much the way to go?

In most climates, yes. In the far north you will still need a strong secondary heat source for days when the heat pump can't keep up. Usually this is a small gas unit, a wood/pellet stove, or electric resistance. This is only necessary if you see lots of days under 15F/-10C

Great, until you realize you have to keep them running all year long to have any hope of recouping the thousands of dollars you spent on a mining rig. Summers are going to be real fun with an extra few thousand watts of heat blasting away in your house...