Maybe I'm mentally ill or gay, but I'am the only one who enjoys writing JavaScript more than python or C/C++?

Maybe I'm mentally ill or gay, but I'am the only one who enjoys writing JavaScript more than python or C/C++?
I'm not saying that is the best language ever, it's just.. I don't know, it has something special.

Attached: javascript-736400_960_720.png (720x720, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

licia.liriliri.io/docs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not only you. React is gateway drug to functional programming, you cant do anything without lambdas, map and reduce. Lispweenies should be satisfied

No, all web faggots are like you.

a special kind of retardation

You're mentally ill and gay

Js is comfy. Ts is moreso.

React is pure trash compared to better alternatives such as angular and vua

You're on Jow Forums. Most of the people here aren't actually programmers, they're just internet memelords that like hopping on hate-trains. Javascript, Rust, systemd, macs, whatever. None of them have more than a surface-level understanding of anything they scream about, but they enjoy doing it so much and are bolstered by a retarded community that will back them up.

Don't come here for opinions like this.

At least I'am not a proud mac user or windowstard.

I come here for the lolz :) Not for a serious talk.
I know that here I can only find elitists or people with special needs.

Attached: 1566347915431.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

i will do whatever i want bitch, say that again and i will fuck your mother

fuck you

Javascript is a fun sandbox-ish language that's fun and simple to use because everything you program it just works. I've already made several widgets, games and applications using it.

it's alright, I don't get the hate. It's not like the best language on the planet though, if such a thing exists. You can do plenty of cool shit with it, both on the backend and frontend

>Maybe I'm mentally ill or gay, but I'am the only one who enjoys writing JavaScript more than python or C/C++?
No, you are probably homophobic like the POS homophobe who crated that language.

With all the respect, but my little back-hole has become a black hole for cocks.
Did I mention that I love JavaScript?

How could a non-homphobe like JS?
It is a homphobic language created by a homophobe.

So you think he's a bad person because he have donated 1k dollars to California proposition 8? You are retarded.

based

cringe

Attached: dumb fat 5head.png (674x691, 354K)

He did not create it, he designed it.

JavaScript is good because it doesn't have modules, and the standard library is first-class part of the lang, unless they added modules which would make it just a better Python

as long as you come legally

Nah
You need lodash.

No I don't you fucking disgust me.

It is really fun, almost as playing some heavy skilled game with cheats, rules not applied to you anymore, do whatever the fuck you want

No you're not.
Vue.js is best.
Ignore the facebook react shills.

fine, cybsec is dead so i will ask here. Website i target has markdown editor, html tags work, but script tags are stripped to . I tried to inject js into it, after some experimentation i came up with
console.log("Hello world2");

This posts
console.log("Hello World"); so its avoiding filter, but code is not executing i dont see anything in browser console. Why?

gtfo nigger

That is what "creating a language" means...

It's also irrelevant.

The contents of script tags are only executed during the document parsing stage. If you inject a script element into the DOM after the page has already been parsed, it won't do anything.

You can test this by inspect-element'ing this page right now, and editing some of the HTML on the page to include a script tag. It won't be run.

ugliest logo in tech.
prove me wrong.

what's also up with every shitty JS framework having a logo on its completely warranted wikipedia page

It's literally just two letters in a normal font. Not exactly visually offensive.

t. intern

Go is way worse.

i find it very offensive on the contrary.

Then you're an easily offended snowflake and nobody gives a shit about your opinions.

IIIIII HATEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually what is really going on is that the logo is fine and you're a faggot

Same here. Sometimes the comments get to me, but I'm already good at it so it's easy to shake off.

Started learning Java yesterday because Jow Forums doesn't like it. After doing Node.js and PHP7, getting into Spring is a lot easier than I expected it to be.

>I'm mentally ill or gay
at least you know

There are two type of people:
1) The people that get the work done.
2) The people on Jow Forums that distrohop everyday and make their life more difficult by using only free software and other self imposed shit.

every day I hate dynamically typed languages more and more. They should never be used more for more than maybe 100 lines, anything more and you get an absolute mess of crap. Try working on a project of 10k+ lines with it and you'll see what I mean.

OP is a faggot

Javascript is fine.
Under the hood it's based on LISP.

You just need to document your functions.

Attached: snapchat.png (225x225, 3K)

>it has something special
gay

is JavaScript more like python or java? I see people comparing it with python a lot, I like python because of how much useless and fun stuff I have written related to ricing and automation. but I hate java and more so after developing for android.
I see people comparing it with both java and python.
which is it?
also this website I have seen anons recommend Javascript.info.
is it good enough?

Javascript is the MOST POWERFUL language in the world. Anyone who disagrees is a worthless loser.

Attached: 1549819586589.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

javascript is cool until you contend with the insanely fractured ecosystem, and then it's a bucket of aids

I see a lot of people comparing Python to Lisp and likewise for JavaScript.

2bh it’s more like Perl in that it’s an incosistent mess with multiple ways to do anything. Yet somehow none of this is in a good way.

Some people like pain, you're one of them.

kind of a mix. the syntax is closer to java, so it kind of 'looks' like java, but that's where the similarities end. It's closer to python in that's a scripting language, it has dynamic typing, etc.

What do you find appealing about it vis-a-vis Python?

I find pythons syntax to be pure cancer, what retard decided it was a good idea to use indents to denote blocks

t. google drone

Fair enough, but can Javascript compare when it comes to availability of libraries like Serial and SciPy?

I kek'd at this exchange

not sure, sometimes you need to pick the right tool for job and it's not always JS. Python is probably still the king for scientific applications

I would argue that the fact that SciPy is 1/4 written in Fortran shows that Fortran is still a contender

javascript is more verbose than python that i dont like. Var,let, const dude, its not always needed in dynamically typed language. At least JS is much more rich language, you can write OOP, functional in it however you want, functional in python is very weak

it is hella comfy as fuck bros
especially with ramda.

Attached: ramda[1].png (800x800, 16K)

>Var,let, const dude, its not always needed in dynamically typed language.

The combination of const and let fixes the mistake of var.
Nobody should still use var in 2019.

>Maybe I'm mentally ill or gay,
those are one in the same

ramda is too overhyped

licia is based + red pilled:

licia.liriliri.io/docs.html

Attached: JU7hxGM[1].jpg (750x1000, 148K)

haven't seen viper in a while

>it has something special

the only thing special here is you

Yes. Modern JS is a good language. The only thing it misses is a good standard library, which is an extremely retarded omission considering it profits from smaller executables due to more libraries already being installed more than any other language.

i mean it would be nice if you can just write
for (i=0;i

you need to write
for (let i = 0; i < n; i++)

For me, it's

[...new Array(n)].forEach(i => {
});

>[...new Array(n)].forEach(i => {
});
haha i meant

[...new Array(n)].map((_, i) => {
});