How comfy is Ubuntu Mate, mates?

How comfy is Ubuntu Mate, mates?

Attached: ec6752105b07d657d050d554f2b7dd971c332462.jpg (1366x768, 325K)

the system still crashes after update? because when I checked it in 2018 and in 2019 after update the bar crashed, the system had unknown critical errors and so on and after restart I could not start it, it happened twice, when I raged about this on their twitter they blocked me xD

ah
and now serious mode; I tried install it like 5 times, this shit had ERRORS during installation

xD

It's like GNOME2 but really buggy
Also doesn't really support compiz so you're stuck with ugly effects

The guy who makes serenity OS used mate so the DE is based. Not sure about the ubongo version though

it really is super comfy
too bad my ethernet doesn't want to work on it and I'm too lazy to try to fix it while any other *buntu just werks

Mint Xfce is better.

Mate is pretty comfy but CLI install from mini.iso followed by sudo apt install xubuntu-core --no-install-recommends really is comfy beyond measure.

>The guy who makes serenity OS used mate
no, serenity does not use it

I bet you think you are clever. Kill yourself

dude it shouldn't be MATE's fault, MATE is just the desktop environment.

not

what

Mate runs fine on Debian

How do you americans say Mate?

Attached: mate.jpg (600x499, 39K)

Mah-tay

It's the only distro I ever had nonstop problems with. It was like what windowsfags imagine linux to be, but real. Mint is way better.

I used mint with xfce and it suddenly locked me from signing up after it took all disc space [disallowing me from cleaning up the space xD]

Pretty comfy, it's a lot like Xubuntu except it uses more system resources and isn't as customizable.

>Hey mate

Mate is shit. use FVWM2 instead.

Attached: 2019-08-24-155905_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 362K)

comes with nothing but is still a lot more heavy than xfeces.

in short, worse than feces.

>when I raged about this on their twitter they blocked me xD
>tripfag
fuck off, kill yourself, go back to r*ddit

Does ubuntu collect telemetry by default? If it doesnt, I'll consider going back to it for all the available software.

is this the designated shitting on ubuntu thread?

It's sole purpose is to ride off of GNOME 2, and because I grew up with Ubuntu 9.04 and the like it has some sentimental value. In all honesty, it's worse than xfce, and likely has the most kino option if someone really wants to sink their teeth into Ubuntu.

>inb4 sinking teeth into shit

People just gave the main fork shit for installing Amazon by default, any other flavor is perfectly fine in terms of absence of telemetry.

>premade gentoo

>not even the latest kernel

it is GNOME 2. literally it's forked successor.

Clover is for memelord posers.

Attached: 1543083054572.jpg (540x393, 15K)

I have used Ubuntu MATE for 3 years and it is my favorite Linux distribution. I never had any problems with it.

ive been using ubuntu mate since ditching xubuntu in 2014.

Attached: 19-08-25-003023.png (716x381, 77K)