MACHINE LEARNING

Is machine learning and data science the future or is just a meme??

Attached: 1566604358863.png (726x720, 72K)

It's a future meme.

I work in ML and I can attest that it's the biggest fucking meme ever.
Literally accurate like 60% of the time after training on millions on data points. It's overall a fucking embarrassment.

Loool what shithole are u working in

But 60% accuracy its not perfect but still pretty good, and I bet a lot of business would pay good money for that.

>60% accuracy
>bad
good or bad accuracy is relative depending on the context you massive brainlet. Also it is not the only measurement, there is shit like the F1 score which matters way more if you're talking about risk prediction models.
I bet you never studied advanced statistics in your life and you just copy paste some Pyjeet code from stackoverflow.

Big data is just scripting and parsing data...

Someday people will learn that optimal model are too fragile and perform worse than cleverly selected heuristics, which is how humans actually get around things.

>60% of the time
And are you able to do better using a hand written routine? If not, then 60% might be pretty good. Most importantly it's literally your job to improve accuracy you retard.

Attached: 1565977963353.gif (540x540, 443K)

There's only ever going to be a given amount of signal in your training dataset. Sure 60% accuracy for predicting the sex of individuals if you are given their height and weight is poor, but if you can predict with 60% accuracy whether an option is undervalued it's going to be useful to someone. There's definitely some truth to pointing out that ML algorithms are often underwhelming though.

why did i kek so hard

This. Also charts and graphs.

it's the biggest tech scam of all time

That sounds like it'd soothe my autism. How do I get into that after graduating with a bachelors in Info Systems?

>Sure 60% accuracy for predicting the sex of individuals if you are given their height and weight is poor,
That's only slightly better than guessing

Attached: 1565981735084.png (420x420, 9K)

Setup your resume kinda like a market resume. You are taking data from SQL databases, sales, etc site traffic data, etc and putting into an easily digestible and useful set of information to forecast future division making for the company.

I can see it making a lot of money because you'll generally be working closely with High up C level staff to get useful information out of their systems.

seems like it's pushed way too hard to be a legitimate field.

As a technology? No.
As a career? Yes.

60% accuracy would make you a billionaire in the stock market, retard

That's almost the probability of flipping a coin.

>Comparing binary sex to the stock market
Nope pretty sure you're the retard here.

Attached: 1565976796545.gif (499x499, 44K)

It goes up or down so you have a 50% chance

It is the present

Remember when you retards said math isn't important for programming? Well ML shows the gap

I spent two years working as a data analyst. Used regression and basic statistical tests. Now I'm doing a masters in data science.

It's a meme that it can fix everything. It all depends on the future. DO NOT get a job in an industry where features have little to no relationship to the target variable no amount of feature engineering will help you and your fucked.

People autistically screeching meme learning are the people who failed or barely passed their bebby math classes.
That being said, pic related is for all the popsci retards and managers who take ML for anything else than it is.

Attached: IMG_20190413_094552_990.jpg (900x944, 57K)

>features have little to no relationship to the target variable
pick better features then or fuck off

Easier said than done when management are expecting a solution within a timeframe and it's already taken you twice that time just playing with features

daily reminder i have draft for general learning and im not going to share it with you

Attached: 1562119698973.jpg (1024x645, 94K)

>so you have a 50% chance
Have you ever seen a graph before of stock in you're life? The stock market as a whole goes up in the long term. That's not a flip of a coin. Yeah despite even hard times. Why do you think 401k's work for investing in retirement? What makes you super rich is if you can predict in the short run in specific things and invest heavily. This has nothing in common with sex.

Attached: 1565971944479.jpg (125x116, 3K)

Truth is somewhere in between. It adds enormous value in optimizing ads, which is crucial for companies like Facebook or Google. It has zero known application in Industry 4.0 bullshit, which claims it'll greatly increase the efficiency of industry.

not useful to learn as an individual looking for opportunity since you'll rarely if ever have access to enough data
prove me wrong

Make your own data. If you can simulate something you have all the data you'll ever need. Depending on the problem though, you may not have enough compute. As an example, the laws physics for motion are well understood. A common (and not too compute intensive) task it to train an AI to navigate/control something in a dynamic physics simulation.

What field do I get in that is future proof and not a meme? I got a CS degree
I got no idea what to do as a profession

Get a job working for a defense contractor. Especially if you get a (top) secret clearance, you will never be out of work.

Attached: 1565978410869.png (168x118, 20K)