Work in accounts

>work in accounts
>learn coding as a hobby
>implement scripts
>share it with colleagues
>made repetitive tasks 50% easier

Literally just jQuery on the sites we use and auto-generated letters/templates. My colleagues are in awe.

I feel immense power. Is this what a programmer feels like?

Attached: 21-Alex-Jones.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1419x946, 82K)

I mean when 50% of your colleagues don't use Ctrl+C, yeah I guess you feel like a gigachad.

>"oh wow user, you're finished with your work already? well, here's more work to do. no, sorry, we can't give you a raise."
my last company in a nutshell

Around normies, yes.

>I mean when 50% of your colleagues don't use Ctrl+C, yeah I guess you feel like a gigachad.
i work with a researcher who has an undergraduate degree in a hard science and a PhD in financial history. he works in R all day. but he doesn't use any keyboard shortcuts. it's fucking infuriating

>not goofing off and "working" all day and then finishing your actual work in 30 minutes

Maybe I'm tard but I cannot remeber for each goddamn program 36 * n possible keyboard shortcut. The only shortcut I assume to be universal are ctrl x, c, v, s, z, y & f. Some retarderly programmed editors like nano assume reasonable having alt + 6 as copy or something.

>basic Excel monkey
>able to script vba and automate a ton of shit and make my job easier
>word gets out (I work in a central cubicle, others can easily see what in doing at all times)
>now I have to run around the office helping everyone with their outlook calenders and excel problems
"Excel problems" 90% of the time is me correcting a circular reference where someone =SUM()ed a column and dragged the box over the cell the formula is

If you work for stupid boomers who won't value you, don't ever let anyone know how competent you are

>share it with colleagues
That was a mistake. These people aren't your friends. Your productivity could've gone up massively and you could've made everyone else look like shit in comparison

he uses no shortcuts for anything at all, ever, for anything—including ctrl+c to copy

>That was a mistake. These people aren't your friends. Your productivity could've gone up massively and you could've made everyone else look like shit in comparison
based

What the fuck why would you share it with colleagues? The whole point is making yourself look inhumanly good and getting more money/promotions.

Attached: 1558825405165.jpg (670x503, 39K)

My old professor, who I consider to be the Godfather of programming, does exactly the same.

Attached: 1560477255473.jpg (960x460, 70K)

Came into the thread to say this
OP just fucked himself out of an easy life

Considering JQuery is legacy and after es6 and way slower your colleagues are stupid

So what is used instead of jquery nowadays? I'm still a beginner but jquery seems pretty straightforward and intuitive, I mean if thers something better then wow, it gets easier...?

It comes down a repetitive mouse click you are making, either a new folder, opening a filer explorer, adding new data, modifying x y or z. After doing it 25 times in a row, at least for me, I go 'hmm I wonder if there is a keyboard shortcut so I don't have to my mouse over and over again to the same place'

Then I use it 100 times for that job and memorize it.

Literally this.
If you do anything that can be automated you probably won't ever see a raise or promotion.
This is the only right way to work at such position.

I know this feel, just last month I wrote a 15 line, inelegant script to rename and move files based on file extensions using two more variables than I really needed. My boomer co-workers looked at me like I was having my dick sucked by Einstein.
It is a good feel.

the main goal of coding is automation.

There are guys in my company that work in autocad for 20 years in a row full time and use 0 command line functions or shortcuts.
Icon mouseclicking all the way.

>see Alex Jones
>immediately lose respect

MUH WATER
MUH VACCINES
MUH HILLARY EMAILS

don't let your colleagues know about it, and especially not your employer; you found a way to make money doing nothing

tear-off menus solve that problem entirely

Same thing in my IT shop to be honest ..

The Run menu in Windows is super helpful, especially since Microsoft wants to move how to get to places all the time. So I've been learning those...

How you keep your job and differentiate your self can be simple things.

What are you a fuckin retard or something?

I use vim keybindings for everything so I don't have to remember different bindings.