PC sound setup

What is everyone's PC sound set up?

I'm looking for speakers small enough to fit under a monitor, have decent sound, but don't need wifi/bluethooth like soundbars. Just optical or aux. Without a receiver.
Anyone got this to work?

Bookshelf are too large and always end up hinding behind the monitors.

And no, I don't mean $12 swapmeet white logitecs.

Attached: 809281-5110.jpg (992x558, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/d/north-andover-yamaha-rx-330-stereo/6952057793.html
boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/d/framingham-optimus-xts-40-5-cube/6961026251.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kH_-JqaAsOA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont have speakers when I am on my computer I employ a couple of jungle niggers to play the bongo's depending on what they see on the screen and how they feel about it. Sometimes I employ native american indians to stand in the garden and send me smoke signals

Black speakers are ok, if you insist, but i prefer white

PC > Topping D10 DAC > NAD C368 AMP > Monitor Audio Silver 100 speakers.

Oh and an SVS SB2000 Sub.

based boomer

I prefer my speakers to be on my desk

Never heard of Topping D10. Very interesting. Ty

I use pic related and have for many years, of course some poorfag will now tell me his chinkshit that cost a tenth is better but yeah thats normal for the chan

Attached: spkrz.jpg (1200x1200, 154K)

>still coping with buyers remorse
LOL

I use an old Panasonic stereo, I hacked off the cassette deck, CD player, and kept the amp, EQ, vol control unit and use the original drivers that came with it and hacked in a bluetooth module and aux in. Sounds really good desu desu.

Dont know the model number but it's one of those with lcd and big volume knobs.

Attached: 78750_ebb5485_-_version_2.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

Yeah I am currently running bose desktop speakers, but was hoping for more umpf with a lower profile (they can sit below the monitor rather than on the side - don't really care about at ear level)

If you want something very small so it fits under your monitors you probably won't get anything amazing sounding. You can at the very least expect to miss all or most of the low-end (bass needs to move a lot of air and as such it needs a physically large speaker) and depending on exactly how small you want you may not even get a 2-way speaker with a tweeter, just some shit with a single driver which won't sound very pleasant. If you want something so your computer can beep at you and you can understand speech in videos, such speakers will be fine for sure.

Honestly if you want good sound out of speakers you will need to make some room for them. If you want good sound without the room, go for headphones. If you just want something to make noise, any shitty speaker is fine.

My audio setup is a good few years old now, though I'm still perfectly happy with it. The speakers are placed on stands to the sides of my desk.
PC > V-DAC II > O2 headphone amp > NAD C 326BEE > 2x Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 + BK Electronics Gemini II sub.

Any amp for under a fucking grand I'm not made of cash you old fuck

I have chinkshit edifiers I got on prime day for 99 bucks last year. Sound great hooked up to my internal DAC. They have blue tooth, but turns off with a press of a button. They’re big bookshelf speakers, though. I don’t recall what model, but they have a brown finish.

Nice setup. It appears you are right. Thx all for the suggestions

something like this
boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/d/north-andover-yamaha-rx-330-stereo/6952057793.html
boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/d/framingham-optimus-xts-40-5-cube/6961026251.html

and $10 of used cable

I have a pair of Sterling Audio MX3s. They fit under my monitor when laid on their sides, and I'm really happy with the sound for what they cost. ($80 with a coupon at Guitar Center.) They're powered so you can run them off a normal sound card with a minijack, but I've got mine hooked up to my audio interface's line out with RCAs and I'm not sure if they'd sound worse without that.

Attached: Sterling-MX3-Black-FT-PAIR-HIGHER.jpg (1000x703, 279K)

I use a chinkshit class d amp with some old polk bookshelf speakers and a psw-10 polk sub. Decently fine for nearfield listening

Are Edifier 1280DB's any good bros?

>Are Edifier 1280DB'
>Passive speaker+one powered speaker with only RCA
No

If it doesn't have XLR or TSR, get proper passive speakers through a receiver or whatever amp* that fits your limited needs *=(since that's what amps are; limited).

(OP)
discarded boomer gear. bought on gumtree from men in the their early 50s, both of which were ordered by the wife to get rid of the old stuff.

bong speakers and jap amp; as god intended.

Attached: greatness.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

micca covo-s are well-priced, decent sounding concentric speakers

Good setup, probably sounds way better than PC speaker setups costing hundreds. I'd be careful about covering the vents on top of the amp though, they put them there for a reason.

the only heat comes from the transformer on the left (which is still fairly open), so not too worried.
I worked out that the total brand-new comes to about £700 so for 1/10th of that i'm very happy.

>I'm looking for speakers small enough to fit under a monitor, have decent sound, but don't need wifi/bluethooth like soundbars. Just optical or aux. Without a receiver.

Look into Vanatoo Transparent Zero. Small size, decent sound, lots of I/O, but not cheap.

They sound fine to me for $20

Attached: 1025194247.jpg (650x650, 91K)

These. The headphone jack is the best driver I've had, forget buying a separate DAC

Really great, but I wish there was a woofer I could buy separately. I only have the 2 and they seem to only sell the woofer with the sets, not by itself.

Attached: Bose_Companion.jpg (1000x1000, 196K)

Optimus (by Tandy) Bookshelf Speakers powered by a little "Fosi Audio" cheap amp.

Sounds good, and was less than 50 bucks all told. just had to redo the surrounds on the woofers.

Sounds much better than the Bose 302's I have at my office desk.

Attached: DSC_1227.jpg (4140x3105, 2.94M)

i've had a pair of these for at least 10 years now
currently fit behind my 32" monitor (and off to the sides a bit)
i mainly listen through a usb dac to iems tho, but these little speakers get plenty loud

Attached: CYffUs1.jpg (3024x3025, 593K)

I cbf posting my setup but it’s better then yours and because I actually care about music I spent more effort on it

yamaha hs8 into dac. speakers are shit quality, left one wont stop screetchign, even when its the only thing plugged in. is it a group loo0 issue? who knows, but im not cutting the ground to find out

My amp's vents have been covered for better part of two decades now. Hasn't caught fire yet.

I'm using a pair a Micca MB42 speakers with a Polk 10" sub hooked up to old Panasonic receiver. It sounds pretty good. For speakers small and good sounding are pretty mutually exclusive.

Basically this with a pair of Micca MB42X.

Attached: 1563590283141.png (1746x992, 676K)

This is all you need for an amp

Attached: lepai.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Match with these speakers, it's fine. It's not like your autistic ass is going to have a party where you'd more than this.

Attached: polk.jpg (1000x628, 81K)

Genelec 6010a + 5040a combo through a dac. The sound is good enough that it's made headphones almost obsolete for me 90% of the time. The only annoyance is that each of the speakers needs a separate power socket for themselves.

Attached: _8252319s.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

Khadas tone board is another consideration at the same price point. Although it has no case. The D10 is a nice complete package.

C368 was £599 for me. After selling the bluos 2 module it came with the amp cost me £349.

If you don't need something powerful a C328 may suffice. Those are newer class D (digital) amps.

Yamaha/Marantz also make solid amps for the price. These (like most amps) are class AB. Nothing wrong with that, some consider them better.

>no little screen
what's the point

what's a good sub solution for powered 2.0
i dont wanna spend $600 on a sub for my $260 speakers

Attached: 1555469820625.jpg (1280x720, 298K)

I've had these for a while and they're fine. I rest my feet on the sub, very comfy.

Attached: 91QAKIxJ+eL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x812, 192K)

Just got the Audioengine HD3 powered speakers, they are fairly expensive considering their size, but large bookshelf speakers are just unnecessary for a desktop only setup. They have a separate headphone amp too so that makes them a good solution for those who want a clean setup with less wires/devices for their audio.

Attached: AELife-38205comp.flat_-2.jpg (3624x1903, 812K)

wasnt this a 2011 meme?

>SBz, Z-5500/Fidelio X2
old but decent, also LOUD

these are realy good and just like 100bucks

what i don't like about these logitech offerings is not only that the products are cheaply made and provide low quality audio, its also that they use deceptive advertising that is so evidently misleading that they don't even care about insulting the intelligence of the potential buyer

what the buyer gets is a frankenstein set up of two low power tweeters with a useful wattage of 20 watts, and a single midrange woofer powered by "mystery amp" and a circuit that synthesizes lower octaves with high distortion

their "specs" in their advertising don't even describe the size of the drivers, but instead give the buyer the physical dimensions of the entire housing

the tweeter driver is 2.5 inches diameter, and made from garbage, and the "subwoofer" is a 7 inch standard low-midrange woofer, and also made from garbage

one review site describes the electronics as class D... well, enjoy your distortion at moderate volume; the sound output looks like an amateur high school experiment

hard to believe there are people on /g who are so retarded about audio technology; for the same $90 to $150 to buy this piece of shit, a tech aware person could put together a decent system

fuck off cretin

Attached: Logitech_z623_close_measurements.jpg (1025x578, 160K)

Yep. mine is powering some no name house brand speakers that turned out great for human speech, and fine for everything else, the value to performance is just stupid, like would have to spend at least 10x more for something that might be better.

>at least 10x more
that's not true but go ahead believing whatever you like in your ignorance

Kinda amazing that you know how much I spend on my trash setup, or are you saying you want to donate some free speakers?

"Those power ratings are way off and at 10% distortion. Having said that the lepai puts out something like 2-5 actual watts"

May as well just route the audio into a transistor radio, dumbass.

kinda amazing you promote buying garbage

If bookshelf speakers are too large, your best bet is probably gonna be a soundbar with a subwoofer.

z680s still alive from 2005.

Attached: 1562204735874.jpg (400x400, 22K)

found this at thrift for three dollars; also works as a powered speaker with a 3.5mm jack; sounds good

Attached: Uentitled.jpg (921x769, 140K)

I bought the creative sound pebbles for like 20 bucks recently for my smol laptop desk. It sounds good enough for 20 bucks.

>If it doesn't have XLR or TSR,

Both of these are fucking memes if your speaker wire is literally only 3 to 6 feet long you faggot. Stop shilling muh balanced inputs for near field use.

I am using the cheapest shitty pajeet speakers I could find because A) I live in a flat where although the neighbors are nice people I am not a cunt and won't fuck them over by making them listen to my music. B) I am a cheap shit C) Acoustics here are absolutely fucking horrible D) I don't have much space and E) these literally costed me 20 bucks and do the trick for most of my use so all in all, although I want to upgrade, for now I'm fine with the shit I got.

Attached: fenda-a510-21-speakers-52w-rms.jpg (702x423, 29K)

HDMI -> Receiver > 5.1 / 2 active subwoofers

Attached: IMG_000speakers (1).jpg (2000x1500, 2.41M)

Rear speakers

Attached: IMG_000speakers (2).jpg (1396x2000, 2.44M)

>TV behind monitor
For what purpose?

Games, movies, convenient second monitor when needed.

Attached: IMG_20190825_XXXXXX.jpg (2000x1500, 1.79M)

good sensible set up of someone who is married and has 1.3 children

He wants to crack his neck

No need to strain the neck.
Not that I even use the chair most of the time, if I watch content on the TV, I use the king sized bed behind the chair, it's comfy enough.

Attached: IMG_20190825_XXXXXX.jpg (2000x1500, 2.35M)

A Schiit Magni and HD 6xx's

Audeze LCD 4s and Adam A77X’s.

Feelsgoodman

>5.1 / 2 active subwoofers
That's called 5.2, dipshit.

thanks for being a pedantic creep, dipshit

You're welcome, shithead.

>5.2
No, that's called buzzword.

Those go for 50 to 100 on eBay. Any idea why?

this
as long as you have one LFE channel its 5.1, no matter how many woofers you have

No shit. But call it whatever you want, can't stop people from being retarded, free world.

>What is everyone's PC sound set up?

SMSL SA-36 amp and Micca Covo-S speakers.
Under 100$ with a very small footprint (I have very little desk space). Sounds very nice too, much better than any PC speaker setup in that price range and size.

boomers, haha

PC > DAC > NAD C326BEE > pair of Dali Spektor 2
Amp sits on a shelf above the monitor. No sub, don't really have the need at the moment.

I know you said no receiver, but micca covo-s are the best for the size. Add a tiny smsl amp and you're golden.

NAD C316 v2. Shit is bulletproof and should set you back about $300ish or less.

How do you get proper speaker placement when you are only sitting 3 feet away from a wall?

A cheap chinese TPA3116 mini amp(bluetooth/3.5mm) powering my 2 60 watt 6 ohm bookshelf speakers.

Attached: desktop audio system.png (1170x438, 273K)

Fire them up at the ceiling
Then the sounds will bounce/flow back down in a balanced way :^)

The distortions and powers are dependent on the specs of the system. If you got a shitty power supply, it will distort at 3-5watt. If you got a good power supply, it will keep the audio clean even at 40-50watts. I am driving my mini amp with 18v with 6 amp and there's no audible distortion.

To all of you using bookshelf spears and no subwoofer

what do you actually listen to where you don't need significant bass?
Just voices/radio/talking/vidya/tv/anime?
No music? If music too, what?
I need a bit of bass, a low rumble I can feel, for music. Not a huge amount, and not really loud or anything. But I do need a little bit. Music just doesn't feel complete without it. It's like listening to music in 2d vs 3d.

I used those for about a week. Ended up using them as loudspeakers, but also ended up fucking their capacitors. Every time there was bass, the whole system volume would drop hard, even when only at 70% volume. Ended up switching to an early 2000s altec lansing 2.1 system that fucking killed it at higher volumes than the Bose
They're fine for light soho use but otherwise kinda terrible

PC > Soekris dac1421 > Yamaha HS7

Anime/video/music/etc.

Dedicated sub is nice for better experience for sure, but its not necessary since many bookshelf(>50watt), if enough amp is put into it, there will be enough bass.

I only have headphones since I live in an apartment.

powering bose 141's

Attached: sanwu TDA7492P bluetooth audio amplifier-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

headphones have no bass either

Attached: 1547402217296.gif (720x575, 412K)

why do you assume bookshelf speakers don't produce bass? Most regular 6" bookshelf speakers play down to -3dB at 40ish Hz which covers everything on a 4 string bass guitar and bigger ones go even lower, mine are -3dB at 26Hz. There's nothing worthwhile a sub can add to that in a near field scenario, except for room acoustic purposes and dedicated lfe channel

Can someone give me a quick rundown on crossover? Let's say I want to use two speakers with identical ohm ratings and identical drivers, only the housing is different to target different frequency ranges. I want to split two channels into four speakers.
What do I need in terms of wattage? Does each channel need double the rated wattage, or just the same wattage to drive four speakers instead of two at the same volume? Is source->amp->crossover->speakers the correct method, or should I look for something with four channels and try to get the amp to do crossover for me?

what bookshelf speakers do you use

I've got three 24" monitors on a triple stand and there's just enough room for a pair of Edifier 1280s underneath. Works pretty well.

Absolutely, if you want to avoid fucking with amps.

Also, general advice, 99% of 2.1s suck ass. A pair of bookshelves with a bass port have more bass than you'd expect.

How's the sound?

neumann kh 420
yeah ok they can crush some bookshelves but I had them on ikea kallax for a while

EDIFIER S350DB, this guy is shilling them hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=kH_-JqaAsOA

>neumann kh 420

user, you nut, that's a $5000 a piece powered 800W monitor with a 10" woofer, and 26 inches tall

go flex elsewhere

Are there any good super thin speakers? Like 2 inch diameter tubes?