RIP AMD INTEL ARM

Attached: 1535999175838.png (415x397, 92K)

Ok Jow Forums what should we call this new shill?

Will this kill ARM botnets?

Good luck getting proprietary software makers to compile for a new architecture lol

Can you run Windows 10 on RISC-V?

chinese shill #495685490

yes, China has the Windows 10 source code and can recompile it themselves

>proprietary software
OOOOOH NO NO NO NO NO NO
HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

50 cent army

Oh many, 16 core RISC-V CPU that can only run Linux and is slower than x86 shit from half a decade ago.

Attached: 1232931963267.png (403x428, 103K)

Based chinks saving us from the botnet (again)

i doubt it. if that were the case you'd be seeing knockoff windows by now.

>chinese releases a new product
>Jow Forumstards screaming "we can escape from botnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while chinese obviously has their own botnet
is this the power of 50 cents rmb?

why? Windows is free

>chinese or jewish processors
meh, i'll wait for russian cpus

>Good luck getting proprietary software

Attached: stallman.png (500x281, 119K)

tianamen card massacre

How about joint Russian Chinese chip?

there's a literal chinese shilling general 24/7 on this board. Jow Forums is literally the most communist board on the site due to toejam dude. what do you really think?

There are no plans to do that, that I know of.

Software vendors locking you into hardware vendors should be a crime to be honest.
You can have a proprietary license so long as you're open source and allow me to compile myself, on any platform, even without redistribution, even with obfuscation. I just want to be able to run the software on whatever hardware and whatever OS, that's all.

It takes a lot of money, licenses and know how to make stuff work on many platforms.

trump jump started a bunch of joint russian chinese efforts, it'll destroy the west 5 years from now

>You can have a proprietary license so long as you're open source

Attached: 983232.jpg (275x183, 16K)

Nah. The chinese straight up pirate windows 10 and pressure Microsoft to give in or they get their fancy supply chain cut off.

Same with Automotive Intellectual properties where you'll even get stolen plans to make fake American cars.

I heard that Windows 10 has been recompiled to run on ARM platforms officially to ship super thin ultra books that the OEM's have yet to manufacture yet on basically cellphone style hardware made for mobile computers.

the chinese truly are a race of alphas

That's completely dependent on the project, ergo a case by case basis, you nonce.
It costs you 0 dollars and information to post your source code with a proprietary license and allow me to get your software into a buildable state. The best example of this today is probably Epic's game engine Unreal. That IS a complicated project yet it saw ports very quickly after public source release.
Just because Epic doesn't want to try compiling it on your platform doesn't mean you're not inclined to, nor does it mean it's inherently going to not work. Lots of proprietary software take compatibility AND portability into consideration. The best example there is probably NT. Did you know NT runs on PPC, ARM, MIPS, and more, the ARM builds only saw public release relatively recently. There's no consumer versions of the others as far as I know, so if you don't like one of those architectures, tough luck.
Do you know how many video games are written in ANSI C targetting OpenGL released only for Win32? How difficult do you think those ports would be. Look what happens when ID releases their games. Doom runs on everything.

You're demonstrating that you don't understand how software licenses work. Judging by your image you're probably a victim of GNU retards parroting misinformation they think they understand.

you idiot, do you understand that a big company can't release a nonworking mess on your shitty OS? it would ruin their whole reputation forever

They're a race of currency manipulators. People buy their shit because first and foremost it's cheaper...on paper.

Dude ok just chillax
I'm not not any of the obove posters but jeeez
It's just a normal discussion.

TL;DR lol

If american companies want to botnet us so badly I'll take the chinese botnet out of sheer spite. At least it'll be cheaper.

too long didn't read

>do you understand that a big company can't release a nonworking mess on your shitty OS
What are you even talking about. If they released a working binary how is it a nonworking mess. The majority of software in existence isn't going to build for you out of the box, that doesn't mean ports are complicated. This sounds like you're being stupid on purpose just for arguments sake.

Are you asking me to summarize it or what? Not sure what you meant. It's not that long so I'm gonna have to say try it or just ignore it. You don't need my permission or validation my man.

In a open source world yes, but in reality,ARM and x86 are safe due the massive backlog of software they have.
But this is also their weakness, because they have to keep backcompat.

so you are a confirmed idiot
you know that software depends of OS, don't you? or are you that stupid

Launches like I can buy it, or more like "floats the idea?"

all the chinese phones will switch to RISC-V in a few years

i mean, after american companies have been so irredeamably corrupt and anti american such that they fed china into the monster it is today at the expense of america, i might buy a chinese product simply to punsh american companies for being so corrupt and stupid and antiamerican

Attached: 1565843027993.jpg (1080x1080, 1.32M)

>are you that stupid
I think he is but atleast he does not know it and now he spreads his wisdom at Jow Forums. God I love this place when incels started to flock in here

Attached: linus.jpg (271x300, 28K)

I think you're misinterpreting that post badly. It's about as standard discussion as you can expect on a technology bbs.

How does that relate at all? For any project it's rarely impossible to port. What are you using that is so tightly integrated with the kernel that it would be such an impossible feat to port if the company released the source?
I doubt your sincerity.

>chink
>opensores

Attached: ECDo6CdW4AAP4GD.jpg (480x358, 21K)

>propietary
>release the source
sure thing buddy

Attached: linus.jpg (1024x576, 112K)

Half right but don't just blame the companies, also blame the politicians that made anti-american trade profitable in the first place with """"""""humanitarian""""""""" workplace regulations.

>proprietary software makers
>makers
Is 'developers' a too hard to remember word for you? You need to hear Ballmer's song.

Attached: slide_steve_ballmer-620x468-100330062-gallery.idge.jpg (616x465, 65K)

Do you think all OSS is FLOSS? lol

>Half right but don't just blame the companies, also blame the politicians
who are elected by corporations.
i do blame them.
i blame them both.

Chink shit general. /csg/

Russians never had a strong hardware industry because they just copied the west.

>proprietary software

Attached: pepe1.jpg (951x840, 67K)

>not chink shill general
an opportunity has been wasted

the chinese are unstoppable huh?

The 50 cent army posts about WHATABOUTDETROIT and other shit like that in anti china articles comments. They aren't the positive reinforcement shills.

HK takeover

it's called a source-available license you retard.

I'd take Chinese or Russian botnet over western botnet any day. At least they only oppress their own people, I've yet to see people in the west arrested and extradited to China.

>I've yet to see people in the west arrested and extradited to China.
It'll happen if the Chinese have their way in Hong Kong.

>I've yet to see people in the west arrested and extradited to China.
they will let their person of interest """"""travel"""""" to china and send them to black sites

so the economic / technological and cyber war has began, huh?

I'm talking about the west. Hong Kong is literally China. The US is known to lure people with fake job offers or just outright get you arrested in another country if they get some dirt on you with their botnet.

Lmao

And why wouldn't the chinese do that? You might not have heard about it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's not something I would imagine that the press would care about since their revenue comes from companies that depend on the devalued CNY to sustain their business. Granted, it's also far more likely in countries that are more directly in china's sphere of influence.
And there's nothing stopping them from giving information about you to someone else who is willing and more able to mess with you.

Pretty sure it would be all over the news as a horrible attack on freedom, just like how it's in the news every time Russia poisons some journalist or some other shit.

some guy accepts a job offer in a foreign country and is never heard from again doesn't automatically implicate the government of that country. And huawei secretly selling the data, possibly with a shell company as a middleman, to a "non profit" like the SPLC or other such group who would then let the data get into the hands of something like antifa, or criminal gangsters, is something that would be hard to pin on huawei based on what evidence would be immediately observable.
Not saying I know of anything like this happening, but if you are afraid of something bad happening to you because of western botnet (like, I dunno, google SWATing a whistleblower), you can't dismiss other botnets just because they're from other regions.

>nuh coars
Chinese hardware backdoors.

Same reason I don't trust the ESP32.

>let the data get into the hands of something like antifa
ANTIFA has been working with the communists since 1920s so chances are they already has the data

Unless it runs Crysis at a constant 60FPS it is abso-fucking-lutely WORTHLESS.

Where do you think you are?

How much of it is really open source? Don’t feel like running a Chinese botnet.

>slower than x86 shit from half a decade ago.
Considering CPUs today aren't that more performant that CPUs from half a decade ago, this is a pretty good thing.

Russian cpu is basically a vliw dsp.

They probably have the source code that doesn't compile

Even Windows source it's available if you're a big enough customer, you're a literal retard

I have a Pentium 4 in my closet that's also slower than x86 shit from half a decade ago. Can I be in the slow computer cool kids club too?

Is China finally going to put an end to American Capitalism and multiculturalism?

I'm sure it'll "overtake x86" just as ARM and Power did...
It amazes me that you think chinkland stands a chance.

did a global superpower put it's weight behind those?

amerikwa
>botnets everything, imprisons you in your country for wrongthink, exports neoliberalism and globohomo, israel's golem, starts wars
china
>botnets everything, only imprisons her citizens for wrongthink, exports goods, only cares for trade, doesn't start wars, doesn't support mass immigration and globohomo

choice is clear

It's just another round of muh gaymes.

That's because they don't have the perl scripts. Not even microsoft knows how to compile windows anymore.

No Windows, no games.
Linux only CPU.
"Open-Source" used as buzz-word.

So can I use a RISC V CPU in a desktop or what?

sure. you can use it to control your RGB while your real computer runs your system

Show me the windows source code so I can compile it

>stallman.png
Blasphemy! and so on and so on...

Jack MA is part of the CCP, he's a fucking communist. They're going to put chink Spyware in it guarantee.

Cool, chinese backdoors.

That shit is chink backdoor fucking guaranteed. It'll actually be pretty cool to see the security-con talks about how fucked they are in a few years.

based

I'm not letting chinks/competitors steal all my code for free. You're not entitled to source code, go make your own ports.

>transistors are made by big corporations.
>we can't audity the silicon ligations.
why even hope.

Attached: slighlity-nervous-doggos.png (500x522, 138K)

How am I supposed to port it and release the patch back to you if you don't give me the source. You're turning down free work.

The fates of windows and x86 are linked. If one goes down the other will too.
Or rather, window's fate depends on closed source proprietary software that only runs on x86.
But this does mean linux needs to get its act together to take advantage of this.

Shillibaba

>stallmanites btfo
>jews btfo

Its amazing

This is one of the reasons that i use FOSS wherever possible.

can't wait