Duhgrees

Can we have a duhgree thread?

Attached: duhgree.png (3000x2584, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20111123101756/https://www.ehow.com/how_7450803_encrypt-card-information-sql-database.html
blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/
github.com/torvalds/linux/pull/437
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1566685031021.jpg (219x310, 17K)

but 95 and 98 are in comments

Are software dev jobs easier to get when you have a degree or does it not matter? I feel like it does, because I think that HR checks it.

Should I get a BS in compsci or an AS in EE and study compsci online?

Some retarded meme places like Google will, but any place worth their salt will look at your portfolio instead. You won't be paid as much but then again, how much money do you really need?

Kike detected.

Without a degree, it'll be harder for you to get into big companies. Smaller companies have trouble finding talent, so they have lower requirements.

Most people who work at google only work there for an average of 3 years . I don't understand why people even try to work there if their tenure is so short

Attached: milhouse dad.gif (500x380, 1.9M)

It’s resume gold

Can you get in at your mid twenties without a degree or should I give up now

1/?

Attached: 1540540624783.png (694x801, 39K)

2/?

Attached: 1546612872947.png (989x960, 178K)

Fucking Finns

3/?
Sorry had to get my dicky sticky

Attached: 1556350178118.jpg (828x801, 55K)

>portfolio
Everyone talks about this, what exactly is it? Contributions to open source projects? Do employers pull up your github account at the interview or something?

4/?

Attached: 1556356027203.png (890x670, 88K)

How underage r u?

If your cs program is good, take cs. Otherwise EE.

Attached: FCC1B30C-9DBD-4858-8676-4F6722A8D4FC.jpg (1954x2015, 201K)

I'm serious

These are funny but if you look at newfags on Jow Forums they can't even do this.

You can get an associates in EE? Where?

Degree is mandatory for regular applications at big companies. Networking and small companies will still get you jobs though.

Attached: 37A4D151-0F79-4FAD-B5DA-A6BE009C38AD.jpg (360x360, 36K)

bachelor of design just got an entry level job at a game company 20/hr

Doing C++ or graphic design?

Attached: jdljTt5.png (1500x1500, 174K)

God I hate yanderedev

TN

Attached: GIANT BUG.png (461x660, 62K)

so, did OP mean talk about degrees or post these?

Attached: cs-grad-combination.png (1500x680, 102K)

Attached: prime_check_ugly.png (4760x4986, 638K)

Attached: cs-grad-units.png (750x1050, 183K)

>//good luck
Kek'd

here's a classic

Attached: all the answers.png (2752x4342, 742K)

these are better than whatever OP had in mind anyways

>get sucked into CS meme
>don't get job for years because too white and too middle class
>friend with engineering degree gets job before graduating
>laughing_engineers.png
Why are you idiots still insist on going into CS? Just get into /eng/, ME, EE or even ChemE and MatSci will do nicely and pick up some programming stuff on minor
In engineering courses it is not hard to get job offers before finishing BSc

this is oc from a dpt thread iirc

actually this might be what OP meant, but its not where the thread was going and where the thread was going sucked

Call me a brainlet if you like but I'm not seeing the issue with the 52 card shuffle where the guy only mislabels his variables as firstloop and secondloop

You can. I got into the industry pretty late myself.

>don't get job for years because too white and too middle class

That's a lame excuse. Most people in the industry are white and at least middle class.

>>friend with engineering degree gets job before graduating
engineering is objectively superior to CS/programming
except computer engineering, that can fuck off
EE master race

? It was never shuffled, and it's possible to draw the same card twice.

Attached: ehow_php.png (1200x1200, 161K)

Attached: ehow_security.png (1152x648, 218K)

>durgree

Shit this is what Durga Sir should have called his Java certification instead of "Weapon of Durgasoft"

Attached: 1564830114787.gif (849x458, 153K)

How can you become that smug and unbearable so quickly?

I don't have friends . congratulations to everyone on their degree and for those in the process of getting one I know you can do it

this has to be a troll

what eve is this. what kind of code is this?

Expert-Level Sepples™

How do you train for RHCSA without buying their college-tier expensive training courses? I know about the edx course but would like to get a foot in the door fucking SOMEWHERE already and am down to grind for that certification if I'm just the autistic lunch errand boy for the real sysadmin.

I fucking hate seeing this. This was me learning programming and I asked for some help from you guys.

I was really into those quiz apps that pay you money in the end. The app I was using had a quiz every night at 8 and had 12 multiple choice questions, I wanted to generate a list of each possible combination of answers. My retard brain came up with this.

Are people seriously this stupid? Do their minds just shut down in an interview?
function find_odd() {
for(var i = 0; i

just google fisher-yates so you can pull it out of your ass during an interview, as long as you're aware it exists and can explain why it's better for random distribution any interviewer who isn't a cunt will be fine with your answer (even if you make a less efficient shuffling algorithm but explain you're aware of the standard algorithm for it)

3 years is quite a long time in tech. Switching every 2 years is probably the best way to optimise your salary.

I've seen multiple textbooks show how to use base64 as an encryption algorithm.

>this has to be a troll

web.archive.org/web/20111123101756/https://www.ehow.com/how_7450803_encrypt-card-information-sql-database.html

Suppose he just wanted to draw 2 random cards. Why did he need to create the array of cards?

Because the question asked him to.

yes, in all my interviews they talked about it. but only in one they pulled it up on a laptop.

Seems like a trash company to attract and interview talent like this.

What's the proper way to do this?

I can either do a degree for 4 years with three three classes a week or just learn all the shit myself. because either way, I have 7 hours of downtime at work a day

A bitfield or an enum and a switch statement.

Just means you were inexperienced.
You did make it work with what little experience you did have. That's a good thing

Literally autism.

How do I know if my Cs program is good?

>Are people seriously this stupid?
Unskilled, not stupid.
blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/

one of my favorites

The right answer in Java is enum and EnumSet. Bit fields are considered harmful

from my experience, degrees become irrelevant as you get actual work experience, most companies just don't want to test their luck on a newbie with no degree or actual experience working in positions relevant to the job.

maybe some subversive e-mafia action

That's C# not Java, didn't know about enumset though so cheers.

this is why microsoft skipped windows 9

Thats JS not C#

what if /lib/nvidia-current/xorg/xorg does not exist? Maybe it cause failure of entire command?

in case you dont know, you can find combinations in one line and with better complexity for sure, by using itertools.combinations

-f causes it to force execution and return 0 even if it does not exist

Oh no, dear god...

lol, retard

Attached: unknown.png (384x61, 3K)

github.com/torvalds/linux/pull/437

I'm sorry user it was just too funny at the time

>syntax error
>uncaught
lmao what a shitlang

Can't tell if retarded or retarded

Attached: 1566743758638.webm (395x477, 1.11M)

what could you ever do by catching a syntax error?

>biggest tech company in the world
>created their own level of scalability problems because they serve basically everyone with multiple well known services
>won't just contract any bootcamp self-taught neet ego-inflated codemonkey for important tasks because they lack theoretical knowledge about advanced constructs
>user: t-they don't want me b-because they are r-retarded meme places!!!
Yeah, user. Sure.

Attached: kek.png (780x620, 18K)

enum. Doing string comparisons rapes performance, storing strings wastes a bit of memory, and also refactoring the UpdateLabel calls since it gets called with the same shit in almost every branch. In C++ you would probably use either a bitmask or an enum class, not just a plain enum.

Attached: genkernel.png (750x750, 25K)

This doesn't seem that terrible. What's the alternative other than the obvious
if ($in == 0) return NULL
if ($in != 5 && $in != 15 && $in != 30) $in = 5

it still amazes me how there are people that can look at this code style and not question it, or even write it and not question it
like that ending else bracket is on the same line as the return, how the fuck does that happen

case 5:
case 15:
case 30:
$when = $in;
break;
case 0: return null;
default: $when = 5;

That's functionally the exact same as what I wrote but takes many more lines.

just post rust code

not the same, you used loose equality operator

Sorry, I tend to write in real languages that don't need to hack around differences between equality and identity.

this is what web developers actually believe

>Are people seriously this stupid?

function find_odd() {
for(var i = 1; i

Please learn how to use ternary operators.
console.log(i + ' is ' + i % 2 == 1 ? 'odd' : 'even' + '!');