>Read

(Wiki's back up)

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: marketing.webm (640x272, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/hJCEq8P_d.jpg?maxwidth=99999999999&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
i.imgur.com/hJCEq8P_d.jpg
imgur.com/hJCEq8P_d
imgur.com/hJCEq8P
i.imgur.com/hJCEq8P.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is namecheap legit? anyone here tried it?

getting 1000 up 1000 down internet. none of my current consumer equipment will even begin to handle that.
what do I buy?
should I go ubiquiti botnet and buy a ubiquiti unifi security gateway, unifi switch, and access point?
$400 doesn't seem bad in price but I could be absolutely wrong

What smartphone should I buy? I pretty much only need it for email, web, text and call, maps and a calander. I dont use social media, play games, or do any work from it

How do I download something bigger than 50mb from pan.baidu without giving these chinkshits money? I used to use that userscript that gives you a high speed download link for IDM but it doesn't work anymore

Is there a way to globally exclude a row from all mathematics in a spreadsheet?
I have a row that is a duplicate, that i dont want to be part of any of the mathematics in the rest of the sheet,but i also dont want to change 50+ formulae to bypass just this single row from being used on the sheet..
I need that row to be with the rest of the data or i would just copy it off screen

how do i convert flv to mp4?

I have a deep and abiding love of Windows' inability to ever do the right thing or be interoperable with anything, including itself or other Microsoft products. It really makes for a quality software package that I can't imagine ever disliking.

How/what is the best way to dispose of old electronics? Or reputable place to sell?
Got an old xp laptop that cant handle anything modern. Things nowadays meant for 64 not 32, ram and processor speeds just don't cut it.
Got a large, old HD tv that works just fine and has lots of ports, but its too big for one person to move, and I sort of want to upgrade.

ffmpeg -i flv mp4

thanks user you saved my day

How do I make my torrent client seed the new folder I moved my movies to?

Is there a preferred method of cloning an HDD? When I google "clone HDD", every result is like "STEP 1 DOWNLOAD OUR FREE SOFTWARE TM TM". I'm not sure if there is a preferred or recommended software for doing this, or if there is a way to do this built into Windows 10.

What is the best torrent client?

Is there a way to manage what displays Windows 10 considers "PC Screen", "Extend" and "Second only" when you press Windows + P?

Currently running 2 displays and a TV, wanted to quickly alternate between the 2 displays and TV being on using any of the options but it either activates all 3 or just the main display or 2nd display and TV.

How do I get Fedora 30 to use a 1920x1080p resolution in VirtualBox? I feel like this should "just werk" but the closest thing I could find online were work-arounds using xrandr. Not sure if Virtualbox is the issue or there really isn't a native resolution for it since i've never gone bare-metal with Fedora yet. I have with Solus and both VM and bare-metal just werk

Attached: file.png (278x473, 18K)

you can set the folder by just right-clicking torrents in most clients I believe

legit and based. Use it user you won't regret it

bumping for interest

So after 5 years of working perfectly my qbittorrent decided to suddenly shit itself.

Every time, a minute after opening it the UI freezes and I can't do anything. The program doesn't actually crash as I can still see plenty of network activity from it in task manager.
Also, if I try to add a torrent while it's frozen it pops up the window where you choose dl location etc. But I cannot interact with it either as it's frozen.

I have done all of the following which doesn't solve it
>reboot pc
>reinstall
>delete all torrents/settings
>downgrade
>run it with network adapter disabled
>run it as admin

I'm stumped, it worked fine yesterday and the only thing that I have done since then is turning my pc off for the night. On windows 10 1903

Attached: 1024px-New_qBittorrent_Logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 105K)

I live in a big city, and would like to move to smaller town that has decent broadband. Is there a map or something that shows availability?

I just did a "refresh" on Nightly in the hopes of stopping crashes (it didn't), but now my "userChrome.css" doesn't work.

I literally copied the old folder and put it in the proper location (about:support > Profile Folder > Open Folder > paste). Restarted my browser. Nothing.

The entire contents of my userChrome.css is the following:

#file-menu,#edit-menu,#view-menu,#history-menu,#bookmarksMenu,#tools-menu {
display: none !important;
}

#helpMenu

An user in /sqt/ gave it to me like a year ago when I asked how to remove the bookmarks button, and someone else helped me remove the other buttons. It was working until I refreshed Nightly just now. The "chrome" folder was created today, but the "userChrome.css" has a last modified date of 2/23/2018. So for what actual reason is this not working.

There are a lot of small defaults too I'm noticing from having refreshed Nightly, like scrolling being "smooth" (blurry and incapable of reading text), and no bar at the top dedicated to the website name and tab contents. But I figure I can undo those with a google search. But this is just dead for no reason with no change.

what's a good "music finder" plugin for chrome or program? I'm using AHA music finder, any alternatives?

Do I need any extra software for my Blue Yeti to improve sound quality?

It's a mic i've seen alot of streamers and artists have, but I can't seem to get the same level of quality as them.
I've got it plugged into my Xonar sound card. I've heard what I sound like during online games. Why does it just seem so average? It's attached to a boom mic and i've got a pop filter.

Attached: 1417696503_1103930.jpg (500x500, 26K)

Transmission

I want to set my project's donate button so that it points to a charity, but so that people can see how much money has been gathered for, by the project. Am I making sense here?

I know there's a website, but I can't remember the name, and google isn't helping.

I have the same mic and have no problem with quality over a USB connection.

Your voice will always sound shit to you, that's just a fact of life
Otherwise streamers and whatnot often times have real time processing on their voice, normalizer does stuff vro

the #helpMenu is alone without a block, which might cause a syntax error.
Besides, the file and other menus no longer exist anyway?

Can you post a screenshot of the things you try to hide?

How do I get the original image with imgur?

The imgur staff have shit for brains since they implemented this:
i.imgur.com/hJCEq8P_d.jpg?maxwidth=99999999999&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I bet shape=thumb and fidelity=high are downgrading the original image.

Does not give mean the original:
i.imgur.com/hJCEq8P_d.jpg

Does not exist, what the fuck:
imgur.com/hJCEq8P_d

I hate how imgur plays these game with its users.

*Does not give me the original:

I was playing some gta last night @ 4k and after an hour or so my GPU was hitting 83c. What can I do to bring down these temperatures? Id rather not lower my settings or resolution so I need better cooling, what are my options? Its an EVGA 2080, Id rather avoid water cooling if possible, are there after market air coolers available for these GPUs?

83C is fine.
>are there after market air coolers available for these GPUs
I highly doubt that.
There's not even a large market for water blocks for specific GPUs, as some have their own PCB layout, so they'd need to be made specifically for that single GPU, where as others using the stock PCB layout can be used on multiple ones.
And there isn't a market for 3rd party air coolers compared to water blocks.

83C is fine but you could always set a custom fan curve to make the fans more aggressive in when they come on and how fast they spin.

fan curve?

Hey thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late reply- I just finished eating.

Pic related. Above is how it was before, and below is how it is now. All the screenshots I have of before had the bookmarks toolbar next to it, so I just censored it.

When I just refreshed Nightly the menu bar was disabled, but you can enable it with right click.

Attached: Untitled.png (328x266, 30K)

How do I configure my fan curve?

use a program like MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX

I just deleted the help menu thing and restarted but the browser still ignores the userChrome.css as far as I can tell.

Did you forget to set the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets to true in about:config?

what's best for cloud storage that i can mount as a directory on Linux?

Attached: cloudconan.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Please give me some languages where lists/arrays are values and not references

Attached: lick.jpg (483x461, 31K)

R

user, thank you. I don't think I forgot- I just didn't have a note about that for some reason. But you made it just werk. Thanks again.

PHP

most languages will have an unboxed array library anyways

Why can't my bluetooth dongle connect to my headphones and controller at the same time? According to Google I should be able to connect up to 7 devices. Both work fine by themselves but when I do both the audio goes to shit and the controller lags out. Did I buy a crappy dongle?

The "_d" isn't part of the image identifier.
imgur.com/hJCEq8P
i.imgur.com/hJCEq8P.jpg

This should be the best version imgur has. If you know that the original is still better than that, then it was likely larger than 4MB (or whatever imgur's exact threshold for too large images is) and got recompressed as JPEG to save bandwidth. In that case the original (uploaded) image is lost or at leaast not available to users.

How do I fix this shit? The vertical line is the Firefox scrollbar, and the horizontal one is my IRC-client, and they are most noticable on blue backgrounds. The monitor is an Acer XF240H (TN-panel).

Attached: 1546217333606.jpg (1280x720, 452K)

Anything that supports WebDAV.

Yeah I once uploaded an enormous piece of shit image to imgur, and it treated it the way nhentai treats the stuff it rips from ex: it silently resized it to shit. You can't trust anything hosted at imgur unless the hash matches the image hosted on a site you can actually trust. It sucks.

And that "_d" thing, I never used to notice it at first, but then I had to go back and correct the images by requesting the desktop version of the site.

Imgur is really a piece of shit. I don't know why everything suddenly popular has to be complete garbage that fucks its users.

Is Avast still the best antivirus out there?

any good recommended mind mapping software?

Thanks, using the Precision X software and I found and altered the fan curve, seems to have helped though ive only tested briefly. Also discovered I can change the LED on my GPU, I thought it was just blue but it can actually cycle various colours, I have it set now to get redder as the temperature increases.

I don't know what type of reply you expect to a loaded question like that. What made avast better than malwarebytes? And when

Sorry, I didn't mean anything. I always read that Avast was the best ressource/protection ratio.

I should have asked what antivirus should I use, if I ever need one (W10)

Is there an easy way to see how much power all my components could potentially use, so I can know how much more load I can add to my power supply? Or do I have to look everything's specs up individually?

Fill a bathtub with water and check the temperature, then put your pc, while running, in said bathtub and check the temperature again. Comparing the 2 values you will be able to calculate how much power was used. Let me know how you get on.

Windows defender. Its acceptable, it's good on resources. If you need more than that, an AV isn't going to help you anyway.

what's the way to recover a password ?
i placed one that is long and contains words, numbers and some marks
the problem is i don't remember order of those
is there any program that could help me not brute force it but instead use typed words and numbers to somehow guess password ?

give it back, jamal

it's mine yo-
you know what, yeah i stole it
now, anyone can help me i am tired of notepad method
it's encrypted by vera crypt 1.23 btw

why whenever i try to play 2 games at once one of them starts to behave choppy
Not even fps drops, just choppy. Like everything teleporting and skipping.
And this only happens to the game that was launched second.

What should I put on my slack avatar picture? Something that's not showing too much power level but leet enough so that other cool kids hiding their power level too will befriend me.

Why hasn't there been a method developed yet for stripping win10 of all the bloat and spyware?

Get a Kill-a-Watt. Or any decent ups, which you should have anyway.

as a general rule, do bad sectors on a HDD indicate how close it is to failing?
I have one with 24 bad sectors, one with 7 and one with 5. The weird thing is, the one with 24 has been powered on less (according to SMART test) than the one with 5.

1. Nothing political. No matter if it's left or right. Even if company is filled with leftist and you use leftist avatar to fit it there is a huge chance that there are some right-wingers who pretend to be leftist just to not get fired. They will see your leftist avatar and will try to avoid you.

2. Analyze your environment. Look at other people avatars. It's a bad idea to have anime picture avatar in chat where everyone uses their real life photos as avatars.
Try to be in theme with others.

3. Do not use anything sexual related. Even if is really well camouflaged. Things like daily dose-based avatar or other shit. If it's niche meme there is a chance that it gets out and you'll get fired or get weird looks from others.

The best way to do it in my opinion is don't do it at all.
Leave default blank avatar.

Any good self hosted solution to get twitter feed as RSS?
Both twitrss and rssbridge require lamp stack as dependency which I think is overkill for it.
Doesnt twitter have public JSON APIs? Couldn't a simple python script serve it as an RSS feed when queried?

So i've just started using Hydrus network and i'm happy that the help section is as close to retard proof as it can get.
I tried downloading the public tags but they seem to be limited to 32 gigs every 7 days and get used up immediately.

Is there any other way to download tags for Hyrdus of am i just going to have to wait and see how it goes?
I've tagged ~1000 pictures, really poorly in like 2 hours or so and it's just not possible to do this myself.

Attached: oof.png (189x55, 2K)

I was more thinking of old /prog/ memes, something leet to display my geek cred, like a style gan generated image.
Or a lolcat.

Are they dead for good now?
Last info I had was that zeronet shit.

Attached: 1280px-InfiniteChan∞chanLogo.svg.png (1280x976, 56K)

What is the best cloud storage service out there? I have 200gb of data to be backupped in case my house catch fire.

According to CPUID my cpu is constantly sitting between 3700 and 3900 Mhz and never goes any lower. The load is usually 5%-10% and temperatures are fine but im sure it should be idling much lower than this. Its an i5 6600, do I have anything to worry about?

Use the website pcpartpicker to create your build. This will show the wattage used

It depends what you are running the games on eg HDD or SSD, and the size of the games. It sounds like your system is running out of resources

insterested in this too

Last I heard they're not actually dead. You can reach the site if you put in the IP directly. However there's just no DNS - not sure if this is stil the case or not.

If they move exclusively to TOR, or i2p, or zeronet, or any other darknet-only service I'll consider them dead and that's disappointing. Not because supported the site's owner or the pol-tard infestation, but because I think they should be able to say what they wish on their own site - especially an imageboard that allows user created boards as well as posts

I currently have an LG 43UJ6300 and it's horrendous. Its WiFi module gave out, it has an abysmal refresh rate (to the point where even using an Apple TV feels awkward), and by default the colors are so dark and jaundiced. Putting the TV in Game Mode makes the colors even worse.

I keep hearing good things about the TCL 5 Series, but I also hear that the backlighting isn't that good. Are there any good 43-inch TVs that have decent color accuracy, and are tolerable for gaming?

Attached: ok.jpg (480x240, 13K)

Possibly, but 24 is nothing considering a hard drive has millions of them. Generally a sector is 512 bytes.

The size of the drive can be a factor as they are more sensitive. For example laptop drives tend to get bad sectors more as they are knocked about a bit.

There is software that will guestimate how long a drive has before failing, but I can't remember the name of it. I've had my HDDs for ~8 years with daily usage and they're still going strong.

If your replacing the old one some retailers will take it off your hands. If not that, then charity shops like Goodwill will either resell or recycle an old machine. One thing you don't want to do is landfill it; there's stuff in there you don't want to find in your drinking water (or your fish).

If I want to partition a drive that will contain an operating system, does it matter if I do so before installing the os or after? I'm wondering if some operating systems will try to monopolize the space of the entire drive or something like that.

If you're trying to limit the number of sub-1gb partitions windows makes you have to do some custom shit, but I wouldn't mess with it. You also want any secondary drives disconnected while installing. Otherwise you just pick how much space and/or which premade partitions you want to use. Linux lets you customize the fuck out of everything.

Because windows is a bajillion lines of code and they radically change it every 6 months. It's barely possible to keep up with chromium, and it's like 100 mb open source.

No reason to bother with LG unless you're getting an OLED, and I don't think they even go that small. Yeah the TCLs are a little dim, at least for something that supposedly runs HDR. I think the 6 series are supposed to actually put out in that regard. I wouldn't go with a 43 inch unless you're saving a boatload. Even in small rooms you'd be surprised how well 55 works, and the price difference is much smaller than it used to be.

Okay, I think I'll just set them up after installing the os, I just remembered linux and windows use different file systems, and I'm not too knowledgeable on how to set up different partitions with different file systems.

what the fuck are these oppics? some ad bullshit, azn guys, dead memes
at least use anime

The space in my room that can fit a TV can only fit a 43-inch one.

>radically change it every 6 months
Lol no. Some of their config screens exist since win98. They just add crap on top of crap on top of crap.

Upgraded to an 8-core from a 6-core and my system thinks it's still a 6-core. Already tried clearing CMOS. Should I even be concerned about this?

Attached: poorfag.png (415x364, 12K)

A good installer will let you change the partitions (size, filesystem) during the installation process. For others it is better to just change them before installing. I usually just do the second because that way I don't have to guess or search for the documentation about resizing partitions for that installer.

msconfig -> boot -> advanced
make sure "number of processors" is unchecked.

Thanks you, sir.

Attached: Capture.png (403x365, 12K)

In terms of your question, they change a shitton. Registry and GP options are removed or limited, "fixes" are put into place to block hacks people have done recently to mod system files or regain features MS has taken away. The differences made with each annual Feature Upgrade are significant and enough to piss off system admins everywhere, which is why they've recently increased the default delay for installing new ones. But in the context of trying to fully control windows' data output without a very restrictive external firewall, you're fucked.

It's 4 cores and 8 threads, not actual 8 cores.
It makes a difference.

I know how FX chips work. Problem was it thought it was a 6300 somehow and I didn't know if two of the "cores" were parked or not.

Are the popular VPNs actually good and safe? Which one is the best?
Will be living in Japan from next year, so I think it will be useful to use an VPN.

I'll get shit on for this, but Nord keeps the RIAA/MPAA away from me just fine. Confirmed because i was getting browser redirects from my ISP and they stopped cold over a year ago and i pirate shit constantly.

Why is my gateway like this with my tplink archer c7 v2?

Attached: 1535245444267.png (467x49, 2K)

There are debloat scripts you can run, but they don't guarantee everything. Its proprietary software.