What do they actually do with dead pixel screens after we send them back?

What do they actually do with dead pixel screens after we send them back?

Is there just a junk pile of 99.999% functional monitors

Attached: pixel1.jpg (292x244, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen-door_effect
lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They fix it.

Also I have a new monitor which has a bright pixel I can only see when I'm looking for it. (tried fixed already)

Am I being a manchild if I ask for a replacement?

YES!
people like me (EEs and nerds who need free electronical gibs) get to use them after, so i'm not complaining

Sell it for 1/5th the price

Pretty sure they resell them on Amazon to other unsuspecting suckers...

source: I bought some LCD screens from Amazon, every single one of them had dead pixels.

>tfw have two 2k monitors and has just recently bought a 4k monitor and none of them have dead pixels
Is this what winning in a lottery feels like?

You know you can get dead pixels over time and not just out of the box right dumbass? Enjoy jinxing yourself.

Nooooooo.

They sell them to businesses who dont care

No, it's normal. I've always gotten my monitors replaced if they had dead or stuck pixels.

how do i get free monitor gibs

I use to test return electronics for a large e-tailer. Faulty goods went to auction and anything with minor defects was sold on the company re-seller website (same as Amazon's marketplace). Monitors and TVs with stuck/dead pixels would always be re-sold with a brief mention of the defects in the description.

>Am I being a manchild if I ask for a replacement?
nah fuck that, if it's new it should go back don't let the monitor jew let you think any bad pixels is acceptable

thanks Jow Forumsirls (males)

starting the process for replacements now
hopefully the next one is pixel perfect

If it's near the top or bottom they chop it off and sell the panel as an "ultrawide". If there's multiple scattered throughout then they usually chop them off and use the remainder as a 1366 x 768 panel.

I got a new monitor VA panel and I can see horizontal lines between all the pixel rows?
The DPI is the same as my old TN monitor so is this just a disadvantage of VA panels

It sort of looks like scan lines on old tvs

on closer inspection it looks like every 3rd row of pixels has a slightly darker line

They pick the dead pixels out, swap them with good pixels from another display, and resell it as refurbished. When the donor display gets down to no more good pixels they throw it out.

how?

I'm in the same boat, though it isn't specifically a VA thing as my secondary monitor is VA and doesn't have it. It's just the type of sub-pixel layout that it uses.

yeah I dont know if I was going crazy or not
the effect more noticeable at distance than up close.

I tried searching on google for what this is. but I can't find any results related to it. all are about other issues

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen-door_effect

quick flashing colors, putting physical pressure on that point, changing the panel of necessary

Just search for dead pixel repair.

I've seen that on a couple of monitors, especially on dinosaur resolutions like 1080P (doesn't matter if 42" or 24" monitors).

return and get your money back and try another monitor. It's definitely not supposed to be like that. It's a defect and the monitor maker is cheaping out on the panel.

Attached: 2019-08-23 16_04_42.png (1701x294, 62K)

i remember those off brand monitors that were popular a few years back that used sub-optimal panels.

They swap out the dead pixels for new ones

the sell them by the truckload and they end up on ebay

I've had a green-tinted scanline pattern once, on a dying 144hz monitor, the pattern and visual glitches would last for minutes before being normal again.

My IPS has a couple of dark lines on the bottom of the panel. More visible on the right than on the left. But you can barely see them unless there are bright colours, so I don't really mind.

You’re confusing dead with stuck pixels.

That's a stuck pixel. Dead pixels are black because they're dead. Stuck pixels are RGB.

Most people in Earth do this, its just that you will get more search results on this.

Does this apply to people as well?

Dead people are usually red, green, blue or black depending on time since and type of death.

dead pixels over time are rare
out of all my monitors, and that's more than 20, only one of them had dead pixels after the initial week and it did end up dying completely after another few months so there was something wrong with it

is that a picture of the monitor? Just take a screenshot you nerd

Touché

If you wait long enough for your eyesight to go bad, you wont be able to see the dead/bright pixels anymore.

Works 100% of the time.

visit ewaste collection points, make friends, get free shit.

they just crush everything, it's cheaper than paying people and a structure to repair it.

you mean pixel walking?
lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php