Tfw bought an M.2 SSD and feel no difference

>tfw bought an M.2 SSD and feel no difference
Seriously what the fuck? I thought by having 7x faster speeds than my current SSD my system would run faster. M.2 is a scam.

Attached: 1539434638894.jpg (749x650, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3AMz-xZ2VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he bought a sata m.2 drive

/Thread

Typical Jow Forums

Are those 7x faster too?

I was about to give him the benefit of doubt and talk about perception of performance, but you're probably right regardless.

post your crystal disk mark benchmark results

He is obviously talking about NVMe SSD and he is correct, you will notice the speed difference from a modern SATA SSD on your system.

The only time NVMe read/write is noticable is if you have multiples in your system and send data between them.

not notice**

Is that pic from castaway 2? Tom hanks seems to be lost in suburbia this time and he's made a lot more friends but why are they all watermelons? It seems Wilson balls are too expensive for the movie's budget.

>something that takes 0.7 seconds to load now only takes 0.1 seconds, it feels barely any quicker! why?!?!

Attached: Driblet.png (403x448, 53K)

SSD is a scam, period. The only reason they feel faster is because you reinstalled your fucking crusty old Winshit OS on one. Just like processor benchmarks, SSD benchmarks are fucking skewed to make them seem faster when in real life they're not really any faster than a decent goddamn HDD.
Way to fall for viral marketed shit technology, kids.

t.poorfag.
so why then does GTA take a minute to load off my HDD yet 20 seconds off my SSD?

I paid $150 for a 60gb sata ssd back in like 2012 and it was every penny at that price point

Either you have some fucked up system, your HDD is broken, your HDD is old, your HDD is a low tier pile of shit, or you're a fucking liar.
>t.
What the fuck is this Dumbest Generation cancer?

No one is going to take your bait retard, you're fucking wrong and everyone is smart enough to know you're wrong. If you think you're right your mom needs to take away your internet privileges until you go outside and learn how to not be mentally retarded.

>doesnt know what t. means
fucking lurk more you dumb phone posting boomer scum.

Your average millennial so ignorant of opinions outside of a narrow acceptable range they are unable to see how terrible their "brilliant" bait is

are you okay? what are you trying to say? Schizo phoneposter

Assuming you bought an NVME and not a SATA m.2 drive, it's true that the performance increase isn't as much as, oh say, moving from HDD to SATA SSD.

However, we're at the point where NVME SSDs only cost slightly more than SATA ones, so there's really no point not getting one. It's not like even a couple years ago where the NVME drives cost twice as much

A lot of boards come with a SATA and nvme slot so that's a pretty big reason. At least mine does, and a lot of x470 and x570 boards do.

I could have bought one but I prefer hiding my ssd's in the back of my case, its just a lot tidier.

This even with a sata2 connection.
and my force3 still works perfectly to this day despite ssds failing after weeks as a boot drive.

This must be bait, nobody can be this retarded.

enjoy your unnecessarily slow PC I guess

Horse shit. I have an Evo 850 and a 970. The difference between them is very real especially at boot and opening programs on a 144hz monitor is blink and you'll miss it it's already open. Good chance his processor isn't fast enough to handle 3GB/s from the drive as happens in laptops because cpu power throttling

I mean provided they're the same price yeah but I already had a SATA SSD and bought an NVME SSD and there's barely any difference besides system loadup which is like 2 seconds faster.
Did it 2 days ago and the results were more or less what they were supposed to be - 3350 mb/s read and 2350 mb/s write. It's an ADATA SX8200 Pro.

youtube.com/watch?v=V3AMz-xZ2VM

Here is a video on 850 vs a 970 you moron.

>Good chance his processor isn't fast enough to handle 3GB/s from the drive
absolute kek, imagine knowing this little about computers and how instructions work but having the confidence to write something so clueless

Ooh you want to get technical tell me what's the latency difference between pcie to nvme and pcie to sata controller to sata SSD? Hint it's not non trivial.

Nice damage control, I see you are completely ignoring the video.

so is it worth running full disc encryption on m.2 disk? It should still feel fast and snappy right?

>pic related

That's my face today when I realized I spent 50 bucks for Stallman conference but I actually have no intention to go

oh god why dot apng

That's a fucking awful video you idiot. I'm about to measure program opening times using powrshell. I'm also about to time the boot times of a virtual machine on nvme and then move it to sata SSD and compare. But right now I'm having lunch. Feel free to post a benchmark of your own

Did you put a heatsink on it? On high temps m.2/nvme tend to be slow as an USB stick because heat issues

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (824x624, 64K)