The tech shilling has to stop

People just want to know if it works... I'd say it better work since I'm paying for it...

Attached: ijustine.png (459x307, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LyNE4svEDJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pajeet kumar pradesh randeep

But iJustine is right.Most normies don't know what is codec or encoding rate and they don't care about it

Yeah I mean this is sorta the problem though, I get what OP is getting at. Granted hes probably barking up the wrong tree in this case, but it I'd pretty infuriating when you're looking for a review of a product and literally all you can find are unboxings with no talk of the actual product besides cosmetically or the actual unboxing experience. I get normies want to look at a product because they're not consuming a review for information they're consuming it just for mindless entertainment but that's another problem in itself.
I guess you really just gotta ask yourself: who's at fault? The creator or the mindless consumer they target?

>Granted hes probably barking up the wrong tree in this case,

I mean watching an ijustine video or like hardware unboxed or something.

this is fucking annoying. sometimes when thinking to buy something, you check if youtube has any info about the product. there are n+1 "reviews" but they are actually just unboxing or telling just the specs you can check from the manufacturers webshite. and those videos are always mady by soibois or pajeets that can't speak english.

the manufacturers webshite is often also full of marketing bullshit with no real specs;
it's often something along the lines of "w0w much powah! w0w many cores!"
that doesn't tell me ANYTHING about what is actually in the box I am thinking of buying.

tbf it is often the stuff that shows up first in search results... to find a real review one has to dig deeper or find some semi-obscure website that actually bothered to, you know, do an actual review...

Can't really blame or disagree with her. If you're gonna make a living off this shit, you have to know your audience.

normies/brainlets

For computers, most "tech enthusiasts" like you see on /v/ and /pcbg/ are really the only ones who care about specs and newest products. Unlike gaming, programming does not require much

>Expecting a woman to do a competent technical review
What's wrong with you?

well if you read any computer or even general tech magazine back in the 90s they would always include technical specifications, price and rating, sure not all of their readership did understand nor cared but it was accepted that it was the standard of a technical review, either it's just entertainment and low quality at that, and that's what she should refer herself as an entertainer not a reviewer

I mean, it's not like she's much smarter than the general public. She'd have a ground to stand on if that was the case.

yeah I remember the old tech magazines, either gear or even software.
you had specs clearly laid out in reviews pros/cons etc...
in software (I remember game reviews/previews especially) you sometimes even had a making-of where coders would explain how they went about making things work. (Carmack was infamous for this)

freaking love Carmack, he would often go on tangents at QuakeCon about how he made something to minute details. I imagine there were a lot of glazed eyes in the crowd but he didn't care it was the shit, and everything is better for it, hate to see that he has holed himself these days only occasionally giving juicy insights through twitter, Tim Sweeney used to be insightful as well but these days he seems to just come out to defend Epics anti-consumer practices and be an all out autistic retard, shame

Those magazines had subscriberships that paid for actual reviews.
It's 2019 and nobody wants to pay for journalism anymore, that's why mainstream outlets have become tabloids and manufacture outrage for clicks.

I considered id software dead the day they got bought by betheshit... no more source code releases for older games etc... just plain profit rehashing the same shit.
same with his pet project, Oculus; I was a very early backer, then they sold to Facebook... Imagine my cringe...

I would pay for a good tech/gaming magazine with substantial info (not just rewording marketing/press material, but in-depth shit)

No you wouldn't.
The landscape of online journalism has changed, highly anticipated leaks happen faster now that you only need 120 characters to disseminate information.
What is a printed magazine gonna do?
Why do you care about highly speculative information from 30 days ago?

>he hasn't met Christa
youtu.be/LyNE4svEDJo

me too with both id and Oculus, Hollenshead leaving id was probably the last I cared about id and Palmer Luckey leaving Oculus was the last I cared about it, though I'm glad that Carmack seems to have pretty much free reign to do his experimentation at Facebook/Oculus, though I'm not expecting anything out of it, but he deserves to do his thing he's a good guy

Based mommy is 1000 times better than these thots.

Most people don't look at the ingredients anyway, so McDonalds is the way to go!

this is where the proper in-depth multipage previews come in...

Gee, if only you would put your money where your mouth is.

Face it, apart from a small sect of geeks like us, nobody cares for substantial info. They "don't have time" with all of the netflix shows, youtube channels, and amazon deals that they have to manage.

peak consumerism.
when people start questioning again what it is exactly they are paying for many companies will go down...

Looks like she dabbed on you hard, OP

Attached: 1563462311512.png (385x490, 343K)

not so long ago I was still subscribed to PCGamer UK... (even if I am in france) getting it in print too, because I enjoyed having bedside reading material that didn't involve OLEDs blinding me in the middle of night.

she actually admitted she is shilling to brainlets...

Why is OP even watching a female tech reviewer to begin with?

Attached: 1556954958833.jpg (150x150, 4K)

there is also this guy, who still can't get his photoshopped thumbnails looking like he isn't a deformed midget.

Attached: deformed_midget.png (1573x759, 1.26M)

cringe fapping

Guess he couldn't photoshop his hairline well enough.

I'm glad you brought this up; I also had a moment of looking at the thumbnails and wondering how many were recycled... always the same pose, same expression... nearly same clothes...
but that's beyond the point...
this guy is another case of "reviewer"...

iJustine is a Mac user
that's the problem

Well no shit, that's basically all successful tech channels. If the demographics of YT are mainly made up of kids and the mentally challenged who can't maintain focus for more than 5 minutes then it'd perhaps be a good idea to make videos that their small brains can digest. The neckbeards who want an in depth review and breakdown of every screw are a small minority and very few are going to bother catering for them.

Attached: LTTFans.png (1279x720, 877K)

LTT is better but sometimes as a born neckbeard I feel they just skim the surface.
Tbh, the real techheads won't even bother with "reviews" most of the time; they'll look at the real specsheet (not the marketing shit found on the manufacturer's site) and when possible get a look at the item IRL to see how well it holds up.
The problem for people like me is that finding said specsheets is increasingly difficult; no I don't give a shit that "20% faster! much w0w!", I want real numbers...

You can get those online, and within a few days and not a whole month.

sometimes you can, sometimes you can't really depends; you may have to spend ages to dig up that one article that tells you exactly what you need to know.

Because those types of reviews require far more work for far less return. Who wants to spend a week making a well made review with techsheets and component level breakdown of a product that only a few thousand will watch generating $10-20 in revenue?

Of course you can blame her and disagree with her, just like if there was a review video that was heavy on technical information a consumer could complain "this is boring".

Everyone complains until the provider gives them what they want and that's how the braindead normies who don't care about specs got what they wanted.

somehow, this guy is the only phone reviewer worth a shit

Attached: flossy_carter.jpg (399x399, 34K)

Nah Hes a shill literally Tech nigger 2.0

all aesthetics, "here's some pretty shots of the phone while reading the specs" vs actually discussing and showing features and pointing out what sucks and doesn't suck

totally different styles. and flossy isn't big at all, he doesn't get many phones for free.

The Laura of wet blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this Laura just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)

This is just bumping with extra steps, furry bastard.

Attached: 041.png (255x242, 91K)

People have different definition of the word tech
For most people as soon as you need electricity and it has some kind of central unit then it's tech, either you only talk about its price or color.
Spec sheet reading and unboxing are considered tech by the mass, deal with it.
Even on Jow Forums you always have threads about (((tech))) youtubers that do nothing more than reading spec sheets and unbox things.

There is no tech youtubers for advanced users or atleast they didn't came out in my search results.
I'll continue to read blogs and arxiv papers until I find someone worthy of my time.

stop posting that cringe.

Attached: 1566630523407.jpg (769x1024, 63K)