OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

>Earlier this month, Facebook gave its 1.3 billion users the perfect reason to delete their accounts. Now Apple appears has done the same for its 1.4 billion iPhone and iPad users worldwide.

Owners of Apple’s iPhones have considerably less privacy than they were led to believe
Owners of Apple’s iPhones have considerably less privacy than they were led to believe APPLE

Last month The Guardian revealed Apple was employing contractors to listen to and “grade” Siri recordings and they “regularly” heard confidential information from iPhone and iPad users, including medical information, business deals and recordings of couples having sex.

muh privacy

Attached: privacy.png (1391x1552, 932K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/08/24/apple-iphone-ipad-privacy-siri-recordings-ios-upgrade-iphone-xs-max-xr-update/
eff.org/deeplinks/2019/08/apples-new-webkit-policy-takes-hard-line-user-privacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LineageOS Chads ww@

IFAGS BTFO!

Attached: tUyphDZ.png (512x384, 287K)

I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark here: Forbes? I'm not gonna defend Apple's practices, but the Forbes contributor network is a garbage fire inside an already raging tire fire surrounded by a circle of dumpster fires when it comes to articles regarding tech.

Pic related from M$, btw.

Attached: forbes.png (634x376, 56K)

Good thing I don’t use Siri then

This. Also, now they are the only company that's going to ask if they can use a particular snippet to better their speech detection.

Do you think it's not recording if you aren't using it or something?

>leave facebook free
>leave ios $800-1200 for comparable flagship
>facebook lost nothing
>fine was a bit more than what they put aside last quarter already

hard to accept, but Jow Forums is now full of zoomer applel tards.

>hard to accept, but Jow Forums is now full of zoomer applel tards.
Who think you actually need to use and open a built-in os app before it performs it's functions and you also, with a smartphone, still have control over what data gets shared and what data doesn't.

Told Jow Forums for ages that Apple has a no privacy policy even if you just actually read the main one, not all the additional EULA.

They gave themselves permission to do this long ago.

> $800-1200 for comparable flagship
More like $400 in most cases. Applel is a rip-off.

But yes, discontinuing a relation with scumbags -also in business- may not be free at all, it can have migration costs. So what, it's either that or sticking with scumbags.

It's not so much that. I acknowledge that what Apple did was wrong. But I'm not seeing any alternatives that are any better when it comes to privacy and security.

feel free to show me a $400 phone with the same specs and performs the same

I can just see the compromises already saying x doesn't matter. Flagships all cost the same

no you dont

>feel free to show me a $400 phone with the same specs and performs the same
>I can just see the compromises already saying x doesn't matter. Flagships all cost the same
iPhone X's literally have an 8 year old screen. Where's the flagship component in that? A 200 dollar Android phone has a screen that outperforms it. But keep on paying Apple taxes lol.

> performs the same
Yea, for most people that's the average Xiaomi / Samsung / ... phone around that price range.

> with the same specs
Applel usually does that trick where they have some random component that is special. FirePro rebrand GPU, slightly larger screens, special butterfly CPU [...]
Just trickery to make directly spec sheet comparisons harder, making the price seem more reasonable.

Practically speaking, you get a Redmi K20 Pro or CC9 even a K20 something now and you're fine for just as long as with a current IPhone XS, if not longer.

Attached: gsmarena_redmi_k20.jpg (727x364, 155K)

>>feel free to show me a $400 phone with the same specs and performs the same
>>I can just see the compromises already saying x doesn't matter. Flagships all cost the same
>iPhone X's literally have an 8 year old screen. Where's the flagship component in that? A 200 dollar Android phone has a screen that outperforms it. But keep on paying Apple taxes lol.
Meant XR but stupid autocorrect..

lmao you did exactly what i said you would do

now we're just talking about screens and the older iphone x lmao

show me the specs you bunk bitch, like i said flagships all cost the same. no one gives a shit about poorfag phones. You're not even gonna try tell me note 10 is better

Also

>iPhone X boasts best smartphone display ever
>The edge-to-edge screen on the iPhone X has blown away the professional display testers at DisplayMate, leading the company to call it the most innovative display they’ve ever tested.
>DisplayMate’s experts point to the Precision Display Calibration created by Apple that transforms the hardware into “a superbly accurate, high performance, and gorgeous display.”

K20pro lmao

>lower res screen
>lower ppi
>thicker
>not ip rated

also

>random component that makes the phone better is bad

>> performs the same
>Yea, for most people that's the average Xiaomi / Samsung / ... phone around that price range.
>> with the same specs
>Applel usually does that trick where they have some random component that is special. FirePro rebrand GPU, slightly larger screens, special butterfly CPU [...]
>Just trickery to make directly spec sheet comparisons harder, making the price seem more reasonable.
>Practically speaking, you get a Redmi K20 Pro or CC9 even a K20 something now and you're fine for just as long as with a current IPhone XS, if not longer.
Let's not forget to rename components to magical names for an even more mysterious Wizard of Oz approach lol

Facebook profits off of user data. How fucking retarded are you if you think facebook doesnt lose any money from people leaving just because its free. By your logic, facebook doesn't earn any money at all.

i'm saying it's free to leave and not hard but no one fucking did it

no one cares and thy didn't get hurt at all, wrote off 80% of the fine last quarter so profit this quarter and everything back to normal...

>lmao you did exactly what i said you would do
>now we're just talking about screens and the older iphone x lmao
>show me the specs you bunk bitch, like i said flagships all cost the same. no one gives a shit about poorfag phones. You're not even gonna try tell me note 10 is better
>Also
>>iPhone X boasts best smartphone display ever
>>The edge-to-edge screen on the iPhone X has blown away the professional display testers at DisplayMate, leading the company to call it the most innovative display they’ve ever tested.
>>DisplayMate’s experts point to the Precision Display Calibration created by Apple that transforms the hardware into “a superbly accurate, high performance, and gorgeous display.”
>K20pro lmao
>>lower res screen
>>lower ppi
>>thicker
>>not ip rated
>also
>>random component that makes the phone better is bad
Ah yes I forgot about magical named ass chips tailored specificall for gay asslel customers. Rebrand a chip, make it costs twice because Apple tax lol.
Seen screens side by side. Apple doesn't even come close to budget Android phones. Exclude certain 900 dollar iPhones from the discussion cuz they're not premium. But include 400 dollar Android into the discussion cuz they are. Must really suck to talk to grownups in real discussions m8.

great rebuttal LOL

0/10

Maybe next decade your dream of apple crumbling will come true. I like how it's been like 12 years since the unibody macbook pro and you cunts still can't admit it's a good machine, same with the iphone but wonder why everyone is buying them

The components in question don't tend to make the phones better, just less comparable, giving you the option to excuse Apple for making the price 3x as high with basically no actual benefit.

Attached: gsmarena_iphone_xs.jpg (728x314, 185K)

>why everyone is buying them
user, IOS has a 10-15% market share globally. Few are buying them despite Apple's effective targetting of poorfags looking for bragging rights.

iTODDLERS BTFO!

Attached: 1561283147883.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

>great rebuttal LOL
>0/10
>Maybe next decade your dream of apple crumbling will come true. I like how it's been like 12 years since the unibody macbook pro and you cunts still can't admit it's a good machine, same with the iphone but wonder why everyone is buying them
I don't hate apple but their businesses model is just tailored against consumers. Must suck to have bought into their ecosystem but getting mad at people pointing that out is kinda silly doncha think?

i own a pixel 3xl

I'm just not a hater and you still haven't answered me or shown the $400 phone that beats it

>i own a pixel 3xl
>I'm just not a hater and you still haven't answered me or shown the $400 phone that beats it
That beats what. First u talk iPhone, I mention iPhone XR, and then that's suddenly not a iPhone. Ur reasoning is flawed. Learn to conversate at grown ups level or keep flipping burgers like an autist the rest of your life.

lmao so mad

how many tabs you got open trying to find this magical $400 phone LOL

>lmao so mad
>how many tabs you got open trying to find this magical $400 phone LOL
None. Androids r not magical. They just work. Also, not mad. I'm not the one overpaying for a fucked up ecosystem based throw away phone and I already made my point with the XR.

He doesn't have to, I already mentioned some a while ago. The shitty Apple marketing trickery differences don't matter much other than to distract you from direct comparisons (no, you never have any trouble using the other screens because they got a few less pixels), plus I can point out 8GB RAM, battery life and so on are all actually better on the $400 phones. Hell, get the CC9 and you even have microSD, eliminating one of the most common reasons to upgrade 2-4 years earlier.

>The Guardian
yeah totally real

>doesn't have to prove his bs point even though the phone listed doesn't compare and you're doing exactly what i said you would making up bs about don't need the same screen

Told you from the start, I don't care about Apple's special gimmick spec sheet thing that they always add to "justify" 3x higher prices somehow for their fanboys.

It's like someone offering me a drill with 10% worse torque and 40% worse battery life but with slightly better glue (nobody has an issue with their glue though) and a 1mm thinner profile... at 3x higher cost. A deal for retards.

I bet you literally get your news from The Onion.

>still can't give the phone up over 1hour later

LMAO

JUST LIKE I SAID

You must be some special kind of poorfag to post that shit in every single apple thread, I actually pity you

based
>imagine being this new

Leave iOS for what, Android? Then I'd have the Chinese, US Government, AND Google spying on me.

Based

ABSOLUTAMENTE REDPILLED Y BASADO

Attached: BASF-green-logo-1.jpg (400x400, 26K)

based

You realize that every company with a voice assistant does this

It's kind of hard to have a good voice assistant if you don't assess how it does its job. And a machine won't know if the task was performed correctly. Only a human would be able to assess whether the machine really fulfilled what the user asked for

>recordings of couples having sex.
then Jow Forums doesn't have anything to worry about

>You realize that every company with a voice assistant does this
Correct, it's why I don't use any of them.

Fair. I find Google Assistant way too useful.

top kek gsmarena boomers still include 3g talk time in those tests?

Based

Sent from Apple iPhone

Attached: 1565928457811.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

Redpilled would be "rojopildorado".

oof

>apple users have sex
nice feature

POST THE LINK YOU FUCKING NIGGER

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/08/24/apple-iphone-ipad-privacy-siri-recordings-ios-upgrade-iphone-xs-max-xr-update/

Attached: six niggers.png (342x318, 51K)

I should've gotten a blackberry classic/passport instead

Thanks just trashed my golden xs max

>Gordon Kelly
literally every single thing he writes is an anti-applel clickb8 article

>Forbes
lmao

OP's story is bullshit

eff.org/deeplinks/2019/08/apples-new-webkit-policy-takes-hard-line-user-privacy

Attached: tg1.jpg (600x914, 154K)

forbes online is half a step above buzzfeed

Lineage bro checking in

Hi Tim.

> Apple was employing contractors to listen to and “grade” Siri recordings
How many times do you have to hear "set a timer for 20 minutes" to go insane?

cringe

Easily solvable but simply not using Siri

Try GrapheneOS friend :)

this

based