QBittorrent v4.2.0alpha1 is being tested! Help test the new features and dump uBotnet!

>changelog
>too many changes to list!!

qbittorrent.org/news.php

GO GO GO if you want to help test out the new features!

DO NOT INSTALL IT IF YOU WANT A STABLE CLIENT!!!

Attached: qbittorrent-best-torrent-software.jpg (400x400, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/453
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue is:open stalled
sourceforge.net/projects/transmissiondaemon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>DO NOT INSTALL IT IF YOU WANT A STABLE CLIENT!!!
It's qbittorrent so that's a given.

>qstalled

>WINDOWS: Drop support for < Windows 7

XP cucks BTFO

Still can't selectively download files from a multipart torrent

DROPPED

Attached: qBittorrentFail.jpg (1080x1472, 248K)

Did they fix the ugly icons?

STALLED

>still stalled

why are they going from 2.x to 4.x?

Bigger number = more betterer

>still no rss web ui

>commented on Feb 25, 2013

Attached: 1540795439943.gif (359x202, 3.21M)

>Still can't selectively download files from a multipart torrent
That's not what your pic related means.
Pic related is a problem though.

If you have a multitude torrent, qstalleetorrent will download every single file in it, even if you asknit only to download a single 10MB file out of a 4GB torrent

>rss
The fuck even is this and why do you need it for torrenting?
>rss web ui
Again - why do you want need this?

>look mom i posted it again
>haha stalled xD
I mean... Yeah, okay, great, fascinating...
No other torrent client ever just stops downloading or displays similar messages when there are no seeders, noooo, that never happens.

>No other torrent client ever just stops downloading or displays similar messages when there are no seeders, noooo, that never happens.
What other client does this?

It won't, but okay.

>What other client does this?
I don't - every single fucking one when it can't download because there are no seeders?

So apparently uTorrent, Tixati, Vuze and Deluge (through a plugin afaik) support this. Anybody know how Transmission handles it?

That's not the issue though. You can tell QBittorrent to not download a file, but if it already downloaded said file partially (e.g. 10%) then you are stuck with it. You can't delete it manually as that will throw an error inside the client and would force you to re-add the torrent.

It deletes unwanted parts automatically after the torrent finishes.

Thanks.

>let me tell you what you need

Thanks for "answering the question".

thanks for a shitty bloated app that takes 300MB of ram to display "stalled" on a progress bar

Whatever. I'm not responsible for that, because I'm not a developer.
And yeah, all other torrent clients never display stalled or its equivalent but just magically continue downloading when there are no seeders, right? That's how it works?

QBT is shit but is there really any modern alternative on Winblows?

is this bait

>stalled

Transmission. It's bareboned as fuck but it does not fucking stall ever so it's the best

>add new torrent
>"stalled"
>"i/o error"
>"retrieving metadata"

Why dont I have these problems with any other torrent client?

not to mention
>"checking resume data"
when I've added a new torrent after I wiped out and reinstalled windows on a brand new drive. what resume data? everything is new including windows installation

like how many levels of mental illness do you need to come up with these shitty warnings and errors?

>haha werks on my machine XD
are you aware there's a public issue tracker where everyone noticed these things?

Transmission, Deluge are the big two open source cross platform ones aside from QBT. There's also Halite which is open source Windows only, but I don';t know how frequently it is updated or how well it stacks up to the others mentioned.

I don't know any other clients that have this stalled issue popping up, so what the fuck are you talking about

>Why dont I have these problems with any other torrent client?
I wouldn't know. Do you? It's not like this is anything other than your word of mouth.
>when I've added a new torrent after I wiped out and reinstalled windows on a brand new drive. what resume data? everything is new including windows installation
>like how many levels of mental illness do you need to come up with these shitty warnings and errors
I don't know, I'm not a developer. Why the fuck are you so assblasted about something so insignificant?
>haha werks on my machine XD
>are you aware there's a public issue tracker where everyone noticed these things?
I didn't say this, but again - no one here has anything to go on other than you just saying something.

transmission windows is still in alpha and deluge has no windows build for 2.0 even though it was released months ago

>I don't know any other clients that have this stalled issue popping up, so what the fuck are you talking about
Oh fucking fucking fuck off.
Other torrent clients don't display the lack of seeders as a download being "stalled" - it's a grey progress bar, blank progress bar and numerous other messages. But just because developers of Qbittorrent chose this word that gave people like you an epic new thing to shitpost about. End of story.

>but again - no one here has anything to go on other than you just saying something.
Now you're just playing stupid, aren't you?
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue is:open stalled

>use qBittorrent for years
>use it with an external HDD for 24/7 seeding and access
>100+ torrents on it
>never once had it stalled, crash, or anything else negative
>just keeps downloading at max speed from private trackers and uploading back

The "STALLED" issue is a result of your shitty private trackers not updating their retarded client whitelists.
If you weren't so obsessed with ratio dicksucking as opposed to having a quality torrenting experience maybe you wouldn't have these problems

>transmission windows is still in alpha
True. Never had any problems with it though.

>Now you're just playing stupid, aren't you?
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, I'm supposed to remember every single fucking issue on their github because otherwise I'm stupid... Are you for real with this shit?

Deluge also has no up-to-date OSX build (lol)

The best version of Transmission for Windows is transmission-daemon

sourceforge.net/projects/transmissiondaemon/

Closest thing to rtorrent for windows you can find. Stable as fuck.

But you just said that no other torrent client does that?

>refutes every argument by saying, we only have user's word for it
>applies the same logic even when public issue trackers are brought up
>gets mad when somebody links the issue tracker

Sure it says "Early" or whatever, but Transmission on windows is still at the same version number etc. I don't recall it having any issues last I tried it but that was awhile ago.

You're right about Deluge though. They were great when I used them but apparently they haven't yet packaged 2.x versions for Windows or Mac. I suppose you can just build one from source if you like, or there may be a 3rd party packaged binary somewhere? Still they should get themselves together.

Imagine being this dense on purpose. I've explained what I meant clearly and twice, work on your reading comprehension.
I'm not mad, I'm just not aware of every single fucking issue report on their github page, holy fuck... I'm not denying anything, but Jesus fucking Christ, is it unreasonable of me to not know every single issue of a piece of software? What's with you people?

You know one thing that grinds my gears about QBittorrent after all this fucking time?

Lack of comprehensive blocklist support. Yeah I know blocklists aren't 100% protection or whatnot, but its nice to have your file sharing client alone able to dynamically grab list files from a URL and update your filters etc, rather than having to deal with it at the network or even whole PC level - I don't want my torrent client connecting to IP ranges used by major telecoms, but I don't mind if my browser does so etc.

Transmission and Deluge (as well as others) have decent blocklist support, but QBT has a fucking passive local file blocklist with manual update only. All they have to do is have it parity with the other two by making you able to cite a URL for list location, offer both manual and automatic updates, and use common file types both compressed and not. Not a big deal I'd think, but QBT seems to refuse to do so.

>v4.1.6
>BUGFIX: Don't query Google for tracker favicons, for privacy reasons
Fuck. It was doing that? Am I gonna have to review their code for shit like this?

I don't think XP users care about upgrading their software.

>Don't query Google for tracker favicons
For tracker favicons... Really? I mean, it's not like it was uploading your browser bookmarks to a random server.

It still sends your IP to google and tells them you are using torrents. Unless they spoofed the useragent which I don't think they did given they were querying google in the first place.

wow like that really matters you dumb nigger. you probably google for torrent files anyway.

>It still sends your IP to google and tells them you are using torrents
I mean, virtually all trackers have gstatic and other Google related scripts on their websites.
Also, source on Qbittorrent specifically doing this? There's an anonymous option in Qbit, as well as prefer encryption option.

Quit whining. You can't deny claims as being nothing more than word of mouth, when a public issue tracker exists that lists more than enough instances of the specific problem.
>b-but I wasn't aware of those reports
Good thing the other user brought up the issue tracker then, just in case you weren't aware of it. Maybe next time look it up BEFORE replying to him and refuting his points as being baseless.

>Quit whining
I'm not. I'm also not particularly fond of just taking someone's word for something.
>Good thing the other user brought up the issue tracker then, just in case you weren't aware of it.
Good.

again
you don't know what the fuck you're talking about
I've had my whole list of active downloads revert to "stalled" for no goddamn reason
you think everyone is just talking out of their ass?

gstatic is used for the "Im not a robot" bullshit on every site. You can safely block on everything after the login page using uBlock Origin.