Has anybody on Jow Forums had an ego death?

has anybody on Jow Forums had an ego death?
how did it change your views on technology?
I'll post mine in a bit, I'm making dinner but it really has changed the way "I" think about the aim/goal of technology working for humans, versus situations right now where humans are working for technology instead.

Attached: ego-death.jpg (500x333, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nigga you get wacked on acid or zen mastery and all you can think about is computers? lmao get tested

ive thought about everything in the days since
technology was something I cared a lot for before, and my perspective on that has also changed - but so have my views on many many other things

>ego death
This is a stupid meme everyone who takes LSD says

I started using linux and not being some cringelord faggot. I also actually started to learn how to code.

idk man, but I heard that crack is 12 times better than sex
tried some crack?

>has anybody on Jow Forums had an ego death?
Yeah, on acid and DMT.

It didn't change my view on technology, but rather civilization. One of first memories that went back to me were cities, companies, countries but also urban technologies like cars, buildings, internet etc. I got really strong TTGL vibes, that "humanity fuck yeah". I also got the latter when I smoked DMT while being high on a tower block balcony with great view on large city at night. I think I become a bit more humanist since then.

Stop using drugs, it kills your motivation.

>it kills your motivation.
That's not how it works. Psychodelics do not kill your motivation, they pretty much do the opposite. And you won't get ego death from stimulants or disociants.

Hallucinogens don't really fit under that generalization but I mostly agree.

Your ego isn't dead because you took drugs

There is a fairy common phenomena people experience when they take strong psychodelics and lose the ability to access parts of their memory, causing you to forget your self, your ego. That's what people call ego death. Whenever your ego dies(whatever that means) or what really ego is, is irrelevant. It's just a name for a phenomena that is know to happen and is the topic of this thread.

I thought it's when you can't distinguish yourself from the outer world

Ego death is a term to describe a spiritual experience that has been appropriated by dumbass drug users who think they discovered something profound when they haven't

lol, faggots here think i actually took obscure drugs to achieve the ego death state.
the most i have ever done in my life is weed (2 or 3 times at parties) and the occasional bottle of wine.
I think my ego just completely died on me one day, i managed to short circuit it asking "myself" lots of questions about life and forcing "myself" to answer them even if "i" didn't know the answers

>Ego death is a term to describe a spiritual experience that has been appropriated by dumbass drug users who think they discovered something profound when they haven't
Fuckin' A.

>has anybody on Jow Forums had an ego death?
Kek, have you looked around?
They're all inflamed, swollen and very sensitive, but not even close to dead.
Get your head out of the drug infused clouds, faggot.

Attached: 1543127754791.png (590x518, 665K)

To experience ego death is to not be able to think "I" thoughts for that short time. Its a little hard to explain to people who haven't experienced it but imagine not being able to control or direct your thoughts or your "voice in your head" in such a way you "are" the experience instead of you being separate and experiencing an experience. Its a very unique thing and the closest non drug induced thing I can think of was when I had a near death experience and I slipped away from my pained consciences.

>ingest heavy neurotoxins and make parts of my brain stop working
>OMG this is totally technology guys
Fuck off druggie

Well, that's the part of losing the sense of self. If you don't know what are you or what even humans are, you can't tell where is the boundary between you and the rest.

Maybe, I don't know. Have any materials to read about it? I'm interested.
Also are you sure these are not the same kind of experience? Psychodelics can be really spiritual and it's being said that they can be a shortcut to what you can archive by long meditation/spiritual training(?).

>heavy neurotoxins
LSD has no neurotoxicity.

Yes. Before LSD I was often struggling with derealization and thinking this world is not quite "real", something like Eastern religion bullshit. After LSD I became a hardcore realism, I outright reject anything that's based on memes rather than physical world. This changed my views on a lot of things, like politics, and also programming.
I view modern programming as a sort of alchemy. I think "OOP", "clean code", "code reuse" and other buzzwords straight up don't exist.
A hatred of a million suns burns inside my chest towards infogypsies like Robert C Martin and people who claim "technology A > technology B" without having any solid statistical evidence to back it up.

LSD is not neurotoxic and doesn't shut off parts of your brain. That would be meth/adderall.
Either way, this discussion is about humans being enslaved by tech, rather than it being a tool used by humans.

Psychadelics only have the illusion of being spiritual because they tingle the same part of your brain that gets activated by a spiritual experience

not forever; but it *can* be temporarily suspended. How long depends on the skill of the practitioner

pure conjecture; you have no way of verifying your shitpost, so this is just opinionbait. Try actually think instead of being an edgelord

Its a reasonable question to ask: If you do something to stimulate a part of the brain that generates an effect in terms of your experience, how is that any less valid than if you arrive at that same experience without external stimulation? Which experience is more "real", and why? Because one was more difficult to arrive at? Subjectively, could you tell the difference?

Counterpoint example: All those people who use magnets to stimulate parts of the brain to enter flow state, and do in fact experience flow. How is this any less "real" than people who enter flow without magnetic stimulation? Both are in flow, after all.

Please regale me with your logic

>you have no way of verifying your shitpost
Yes, I'm going to verify a spiritual vs a non-spiritual experience, like that's possible you fucking dumbass

Humans are not working for technology but we are subject to very strong coercion to follow instructions given to us by technology corporations and other corporations through devices they tell us we own.

nigga that happens every time k fall asleep dont need no wack drugs for that.

>in other words, your opinion is not based in fact or direct personal experience. the distinction you make is literally just you talking ignorantly out of your ass

It's based on fact and direct personal experience but I have no way of proving that to you and you're stupid for assuming it can be

This tbqhf

>I can't prove it but its a fact
Is this the zoomer "no u" response?

It's a fact that I'm not wearing any pants but I can't prove that to you either

have you experienced it?
by the way, I took no drugs to achieve this.

but you're asleep, and unable to experience it while awake.
I didn't take any drugs to achieve the ego death. That and it is not just a state. Once your ego is fully dead, it becomes your default state, and you only think when you decide to. Your brain works for you, you do not work for it.

Shut the fuck up you actual retard, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Making up bullshit that you've convinced yourself is fact and passing it off.

this one right here is 100% asleep
a slave to his thoughts, and the circumstances that create them
what a shame

nonsense. photos are proof

But how do you know this phenomena isn't fundamentally the same? Maybe spriritual ego death and psychodelic one come with different setting, preparation which affect you differently, but the very feeling of ego death is the same qualia?

That's not how it works.

I’ve had similar things when having small seizures and recovering from grand mals

Didn’t get it when I took acid, but I did have a lot of fun

regular people lose sense of self in all kinds of situations, when you don't think about yourself you lack your sense of self

That's not the same. It's not just losing sense of self, it's that you can regain it no matter what. You are fully conscious, full of thoughts, yet you can't recall what are you, what people are, whenever even universe exists. You are just a consciousness experiencing reality you can't really comprehend in any way.

yeah it's being confused over what's you and what's not you, like I said

now stop doing drugs and get a job

Made me a determinist basiply

t. normie mcnodrugs

Anyone can experience "ego death" if they're "in the zone".

>t. normie

youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

I had this experience last week, on LSD.

Losing everything that makes you: 'you' is the most scary thing I've ever experienced, the only thing that truly changed for me is that I now know for certain that I've still got shit to do.

I've already had my ego death a few months ago. I realized technology is given to humans not from aliens, but from demons. The technium is what the book of revelation was talking about. This is evident with CERN, just go to their website and watch some videos that they themselves posted there.

I can't describe everything I know, but it is valid. Just a few months ago if I could see the stuff that I know now I'd think I was a whacko.

Ego death is when you can't create thoughts anymore. It's when you are stricken with a deluge of images, sights, sounds, themes and even abstract concepts, but they all appear without context. The voice in your head and the
'idea' of thinking disappears and it is here that your ego 'reboots' if you're lucky or dies if your body does as well.

well technology is going to ruin sense of worth through creative means

when you automate car manufacturing, okay jobs are lost

when you automate shit like music and art, the value of creative output doesn't exist anymore

this is going to happen and all anyone is good for eventually is just consuming shit

Ohw yes, and it made me certain that there is such a thing as 'free will', before the experience, I would have chalked it up to chaos theory.

The value of creative output is decided by its audience, not the creator.