Why is my internet connexion so much slower on Linux than on Windows?

Why is my internet connexion so much slower on Linux than on Windows?
On Windows, while I download a game on Steam, I'm able to do other things and browse the Internet.
But while doing it on Linux (Ubuntu), I can barely watch a Youtube video at 144p. It slows my internet to a crawl. Why?

Attached: linux desktop.png (1279x1023, 390K)

Steam on linux takes more ram

works on my machine
next time try
>>>/sqt/

I'm not sure if this is the problem since your internet is slow, but I know that the some Realtek ethernet controller driver versions are fucked on linux. I had to update my drivers to another version since the ones shipping with Ubuntu and Ubuntu derived distros are the ones that are fucked and they haven't bothered to fix it even though Realtek ethernet controllers are widely used as integrated ethernet on motherboards.

But the problem was more like dropping connection every 5 minutes under heavy load like downloading or streaming.

Ubuntu occasionally fucks with the wifi drivers so I’m having this problem as well. They usually fix it with another update though.

Oh and don't bother asking for help on any linux irc channels or forums since the linux fuckbois first use days to try to blame it on everything else like your networking equipment and cables even if the internet works just fine under windows, before admitting that something on linux is fucked. It hurts their precious fragile little egos.

>something on linux is fucked
>Realtek ethernet controller driver versions are fucked
So it's Realtek's fault for not making proper drivers. Don't buy shit hardware.
>linux fuckbois first use days to try to blame it on everything else like your networking equipment
But it sounds exactly like that. The equipment doesn't come with working drivers, so it's clearly it's fault. Are you retarded on purpose?

>open source drivers not working is the fault of the hardware manufacturer and not the maintainer of the driver or distribution
ok retard, how is manual breathing working out for you?

Because drivers in linux are shit. Microsoft and Apples usually work with the manufactures to make usable drivers.

Linux is a total meme, people here just use it so they can feel better than people who are having sex and going outdoors

You need the proprietary drivers.

Is your reading comprehension this bad or are you just retarded? They don't provide drivers -> THEIR FAULT *THEIR* HARDWARE ISN'T WORKING
You can't make a piece of hardware then blame all OSs for not supporting it. You're the one who needs to support an OS, not the other way around. Fucking idiot.

>drivers in linux are shit.
>AMD and Intel put more effort in Linux than windows
>nVidia uses the same driver stack for Linux as it does windows
>Linux has a million times better hardware support out of the box

are YOU fucking retarded? the diver version before and the version after were both fully functional, distribution maintainers job is to offer drivers and software in their repositories that are tested and working you fucking mongrel

doesn't make it better.
>AMD and Intel put more effort in Linux than windows
source?
>nVidia uses the same driver stack for Linux as it does windows
nobody play games in linux. nvidia will always make better drivers for windows because the makert share is bigger. the only exception may be for gpus used in servers.

>tfw using linux and having sex
life is good

If it is realtek... Arch has good working drivers for realtek built in. Solved the issue for me

I don't have that problem on Debian

>nvidia will always make better drivers for windows because the makert share is bigger. the only exception may be for gpus used in servers
>can't read
nVidia uses the same driver stack on Linux as they do on windows. Performance is the same in theory. Vulkan and openGL performance is better on Linux. CPU performance and especially multithreading is better on Linux. Any difference in "gaming performance" comes down to the game devs, not drivers.
Stop deluding yourself. It's not 20th century anymore.
>nobody play games in linux
Google Stadia and Android prove you wrong.

>I can barely watch a Youtube video at 144p
its not normal open system monitor and check your network traffic
i use ubuntu 18.04 and i downloads torrents in about of 5mg for sec and my internet In a weak Internet infrastructure.
youtube also hd 4k it stream it fast.
maybe your network card need support driver or something its sounds weird
not a linux shill but you clearly did something wrong..

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 12K)

You are only talking about gpu drivers, where I already told you there are exceptions. What about the fact that audio and wireless drivers work like shit and everybody notices this?

windows itself taking much more ram even with all the firefox,steam 100MB more than windows, memes

>wireless drivers work like shit
Stop generalizing. It's literally just 1-2 out of 50+ brands that don't work. Most wireless cards are either made by Intel or one of the dozens of Chinese companies, and those work just fine. As for audio devices, I've never heard of anyone having an issue with this. There's a universal standard for audio and all devices behave the same.

No. I have an old laptop from 2005 with 2 gb ram and with xp on it I can easely play cs 1.6 but with linux on it steam chokes terribly without even starting a game.

>1279x1023
This triggers me

>xp vs new ubuntu
found your problem
there is no good linux experience on old computers with the new ubuntu or fedora
install ubuntu 12-14 it will work fine

>but with linux on it steam chokes terribly
What do you mean by "Linux"? If you're talking about Ubuntu then it's no surprise. It uses GNOME which is heavier than KDE, Xfce and Windows XP combined.

Parce que linux c'est de la merde.

>why isn't my free shitware OS as fast as a modern operating system written by elite, highly-trained pajeets?

I was using Trisquel which is based on Ubuntu

>trisquel
Why?

>Why is my internet connexion so much slower
test results please
>I can barely watch a Youtube video at 144p
works for me. maybe you must go back to windows. its better both for you and me, trust me. bye.

>connexion

100% free software

>Trisquel which is based on Ubuntu
i dont think so kiddo Trisquel is debian repo and ubuntu is based on debian..
anyway if your using 2gig ram you cant run anything but windows xp or old linux repo.
i was using "light linux" on my 4gig i3 and it works perfect.
but also ubuntu 12 works fine

There are several Linux distros which can run on 1-2GB RAM. You just can't use common DEs/wms.

in his case i just use minimal distro and it will be my SSH/FTP machine there is no use to install any GUI Desktop on it

Steam can be set to use your entire internet bandwidth when downloading, check your settings.

its not a networking problem we just figure out that he use very old computer his CPU cant handle the game with steam running in the background

>uses trisquel
>only uses 100% FLOSS shitty drivers
>wonders why muh games run worse
You dirty dog

Intel and AMD GPU/CPU drivers are open source.

Just because it works out of the box doesn't mean it works nearly as well, which it definitely does not.

Be real, the last non-shit windows was windows xp. Linux works much better than w7/w10.

Kek.

Run a speed test from both OSes and post the results. Same situations, nothing running but the speed test itself like ookla.

Also check the network settings, DNS, etc. and compare between the OSes

Linux uses that weird standard kibebobytes or whatever the fuck it's called.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything, brainlet?

Shut your fucking mouth. I'm saying it could be the same speed he is just measuring it wrong

Then at least you could have expressed it correctly and not with some bullshit. BTW, don't you have to start getting ready for school?