If you don't buy a CRT now you are never going to find one

If you don't buy a CRT now you are never going to find one.

Attached: IMG_0270.jpg (1600x1200, 1.69M)

no thanks, i don't waste my time playing children's video games

Then play masculine video games.

Attached: IMG_2143.jpg (1280x959, 236K)

no thanks, i don't waste my time spamming Jow Forums with manchild entertainment

Instead you just waste your time spamming Jow Forums with garbage posts.

I want to pick up a pvm before the prices get super inflated but I don't know which one to get

I have stashed around 60 high end VGA and TV/PVM CRTs.
I'll sell most of them since I only need a few to last till I die myself, if you can't find any, you might find one from me.

>before
too late.
bite the bullet and pay for one that's a tad bigger. I have a 14 incher and while it's very nice I wish I wouldve saved and got a slighter bigger one that could do 480p.

Fuck off scalper shill. Imagine hording massive PVMs in your house desperately trying to find some sucker to pay your outrageous prices.

It is still possible to find them, but it might take forever. Honestly at this point its better to just get a decent consumer set like a Trinitron with component inputs, along with an RGB/component transcoder so you can hook old consoles up. Picture isn't AS crisp as the PVM tube, but it still looks really good. Plus you can find good-sized Trinitrons locally for free and transcoders cost like 40 or 50 bucks. Meanwhile most PVMs are 13-14" and still cost hundreds. Or maybe a 20" for far more.

I love my PVM, but that was back when you could get a 20 incher shipped for 60 bucks

Feels good being a thirdworlder in a hording family, if I ever need a CRT I can just call up a relative and get one for free.
Actually wait, no, third-world living sucks ass.

Why would I want one? I used them for decades and I don't have any love for them.

Why? You can get bigger yet decent consumer black Trinitrons for free, RGB, NTSC and PAL60, all over SCART.

>get a decent consumer set like a Trinitron with component inputs, along with an RGB/component transcoder
You Americans are funny.

When you want to revisit old content, I managed to live 20 years with CRTs before switching over to flat panels over a decade ago, there's content like old series and games that just looks better on an actual CRT than any modern flat screen, even with a filter.

Need to buy a CRT with S-Video. Saw a few on Facebook Marketplace but I feel kind of creeped out going to other people's houses. I bought the S-Video Nintendo AV cable (SNES, N64, GameCube) and S-Video PlayStation cable (PS1, PS2, PS3). I made sure to buy the one that doesn't have S-Video tacked on to Composite so I get true S-Video tier quality.

t. 50hz

Most TVs with SCART can do 60Hz no problem, and colors are displayed fine because it's RGB.
It's nice being able to buy any consumer set you find in the wild and knowing it WILL have an RGB input. Can't imagine what it's like having to either buy a high end set or a PVM/BVM just to get a proper input.

To be fair, even though you had consumer RGB, I still prefer being in burgerland for old vidya because of all the other problems PAL regions had when it comes to video game conversions and such. Seems like for most eurobros, modding all your consoles for NTSC is mandatory.

Component is RGB encoded differently.

fuck you stupid "retro gaming" retards, i am so sick of this dorky circlejerking over what would otherwise be landfill, and driving up prices of even the shittiest tv sets. as if you need video production equipment for your fucking NES games. this CRT fetishism is more cringe than vinyl records and mechanical keyboards.

t. zoomer who thinks motion blur is normal

Attached: 240hz vs crt.jpg (938x329, 240K)

>modding all your consoles for NTSC is mandatory.
Yup. At least it's easy to do on the only generation you should care about (16-bit).
No shit, Sherlock. So are composite and RF.

Any set in Europe that has SCART supports 60Hz, since RGB is 60Hz by default, most of them also support NTSC too.
There's also PAL60, but both PAL and NTSC are useless against RGB.

Pretty much any monitor in europe made after the early 90's that has SCART falls into that category.

Composite and RF throw away information that would have been present int he RGB signal. Component does not.

The human eye can't differentiate past 60fps

LCDs literally cannot even show 60 distinct frames per second, they always bur into each other

Watch out for this guy! He's likely leagues ahead of anyone who plays games. Without friends to play games with or a good imagination, he spent his time honing his elitism and practicing Jow Forums terminology. Wow!

what about a projector?
Would that yield me /v/s acceptance?

I threw my crt away years ago and dont miss it. Huge piece of shit takes up too much space

CRT projector

Attached: 530x6oqnf2e31.jpg (2046x2046, 483K)

wtf are you talking about nigger
getting a PVMeme isn't necessary for you to see whats happening in mario world, and shitty crts have trails, and if you use a crappy video connection it only gets worse

Composite and RF encode the entire signal, just like component. In an ideal world with perfect encoders and decoders, you'd be able to transmit full quality RGB over any of those three.
Since this isn't an ideal world, there's losses with every encoder/decoder introduced in the signal chain.
RGB pretty much means the output of whatever's producing the picture in your console is being fed into the gun amplifiers of your set. RGB to component introduces an encoder and a decoder into the chain. Is it better than composite or S-Video? Yes. Is it as good as RGB? No.

Even the shittiest consumer TVs do not has phosphors trails, at least past the 1960s. You're a moron if you're using a TV from the 1960s

I for one am perfectly happy with integer scaling on LCDs for old pixel graphics games. 3D titles, no matter how old or new, are best played at high rendering resolution, which for old stuff means emulators if at all possible.

i can tell you for a fact, i have an early 2000s LG flatron TV set, and while the trails aren't noticeable they are there, even on component video. my mega drive 2 has luma ghosting with the original video cable.

CRT? You mean Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy?

>decent consumer set like a Trinitron
Enjoy your blurry video. Even with a scaler you would be better off hooking up to a modern TV in that case.

CRTs are nice.

Attached: 1566749568082.jpg (1814x3226, 3.51M)

I just recently threw in to the trash two crts i had for ages in storage and didn't know wtf am i going to do with.
Why the fuck would i buy a new one now?

You probably sold your bitcoin too

>If you don't buy a CRT now you are never going to find one.
I've already got plenty, so I'm good on that front.

Attached: bst.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

>Enjoy your blurry video
lol, get fucked scalper jew

Attached: IMG_20190825_125126229-min.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

you betrayed your contrarianism. why would you be pissed off about landfill having value even if you don't personally see it

>masculine video games
lmao

If you're complaining about the prices driven up, then that means you're interested in CRTs as well, because otherwise you'd just be laughing at the retards paying top dollar. Which just makes you a hypocrite.

But yes, it is a shame that there are so many trend-following faggots shelling out their disposable income because they need their precious CRT _NOW_ rather than looking around and being smart about it. All just so they can get those upcummies and reddit gold.
We're now at the point where I'm seeing people trying to sell consumer sets for decent money. Yeah bro, I'm totally buying your fucking zenith composite-in CRT for 80 bucks + 50 shipping. See you there.

>Even the shittiest consumer TVs do not has phosphors trails, at least past the 1960s.
Have you ever even seen a television?

>The human eye can't see a camera flash.
Oh OK.

>If you don't buy a CRT now you are never going to find one.
That's fine with me. I enjoy the occasional old game and I play them on emulators all the time. I don't have the inclination to spend money, time and effort hauling a huge brick through life with me just to relive the old days. Nostalgia costs.