Step Aside Rustfags and Gotards

The Future has arrived

Attached: 61545161613243.png (822x659, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vlang.io/
christine.website/blog/v-vaporware-2019-06-23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What does the V stand for?

V is literally a fork of go
they literally have go routines how lame is that..

discarded

Virgin

keep coping. v is better than go in that case

Also, while v is indeed similar to Go, its domains are like Rusts. Still don't know what your point is as V can be seen as an improvement on Go.

Interested, how is the package management handled?

I just came across this yesterday so I am still new to how it works.

vlang.io/

The doc takes around half an hour to go through, which is a godsend

Now you people will understand why cniles exists... finally the language to show everyone how retarded this is.

Meme language after meme language. none fucking stop, every fucking day something new, rebrads with new flags.
Cnulls don't give a shit, the language is painful? MOTHER FUCKER I HAVE PAIN WRITTEN ON MY FORE HEAD!

Another language that nobody will use, just like Rust.

its 1 guy behind the project.

Usually I'm a troll on here and pessimistic because I'm too self centered but I just saw his white paper on his website and I'm blown away.

>single quote strings

exit();

idk man. Considering that it's just 1 broski behind the wheel and actively working on it I am actually hyped by this.

Seems like a bunch of lies and vaporware. How is V "safe and free from data races" and also "simple and maintainable" when it lacks borrow checking or GC?

It's a particular design tradeoff that literally every programming language has had to make, but somehow the V author has his cake and eats it too?

>no global state
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
*inhales*
*inhales*
*inhales*

Attached: chinese man laughing.jpg (425x283, 18K)

>Simplicity and maintainability
>Go
topkek

He's planned to finish all of the work in progress stuff by December, so we'll wait and see.

>chinese man
retard

not needed if you code modularly, glowie

>glowie
cringe

/v/ lang

Sad!

Singleton is global state.

dilate.

seething

Okay cool, I'll believe it when I see his white paper on how he intends to make a memory safe, non-GCed language without the complications of linear types, ownership, lifetimes, etc. His website makes it sound like he just made a language that is basically Go with Rust's performance without explaining how he didn't have to make the tradeoffs that they made.

so basically its literaly the best of the best objectively in every category, according to the site. so how is he wrong?

it's amazing that one kid in his mom's basement came up with a language much better than G*lang, a language by a trillion dollar company that pays millions every year to a team of """professional""" for more a decade to come up with such a retarded language

Read about this shit months ago and this guy still hasn't made any progress lmao
This language is doa and I doubt it will ever reach a 1.0 release

>Safety
>Rust

Yikes. Good luck implementing Rust-style "safety" and keeping your language as simple as Go, with a small fast compiler, at the same time.

saying retarded things very confidently won't make them less retarded, retard

>w-what? I didn't know Rust could do that!"!

Attached: 84786f5b0c24e3cc.png (1280x720, 853K)

>no global state

I *like* my sane global state, it means I don't need god objects of stupid

Vendetta

what can it do

Attached: 1543832424302.jpg (700x678, 375K)

>No global state
Retard language confirmed.

So like... Is this language usable? Can I learn it and make something viable right now?

if it's read only and well scoped then nothing wrong with it, otherwise you're creating a shitshow for yourself especially if the language has multithreading, green threads, etc..

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves "V" into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

It doesn't allow global variables so it never will be.

Attached: 2019-08-25-222720_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 16K)

global state isn't thread safe, cnile piece of trash.

Very much the same like go
based and quadpilled

Vapourware

This is almost correct.

There's no reason for any other (non domain specific) languages to exist except for C and Lisp. Prove me wrong.

lmao not this shit again, I remember when the dev tried to sell his snake oil language a few month ago it was comedy goal.
the language website is a steamy heap of lies, not a simple feature is working and he sells them as they work.

>oh its another C clone
Dropped

>delphi

I miss those days. 7 was the last good version.

Attached: boomer.jpg (749x749, 104K)

Delphi was cool but I could never get used to the syntax, very strange structure. I like my {}s.

Swift has all of those features, but it actually works.

>swift
>on par with C performance
Yeah, no.

christine.website/blog/v-vaporware-2019-06-23

Attached: 1495366733169.png (1000x1481, 1.86M)

Vaporware.

V stands for Vapourware

I love it when the shitposters remember V exists
Sick of seeing Rust threads but I'll never get tired of V threads

I'm gonna be making many many more Rust threads

Great... thanks...

>fork of go
>inspired by oberon
>removed garbage collector, which is standard in both oberon and go

What an astoundingly innovative language.

>closed source programming language
>implemented in Go
TRASHED INSTANTLY

it'll fail to live up to any of its hype like go and node

What do you mean closed source? And it's not implemented in go, it's self hosted.

Doesn't it literally have no library

Can you please not do the one where a character is checked to be in some predetermined set of characters by or'ing together a ton of equality checks? I'm getting tired of that one.

Yeah, it's about time we got another new language.

I just received my chink IDE2USB controller. First ancient drive I put in there had some of my old Delphi apps and their sources still on there. I had completely forgotten the syntax. I have to say, I kinda liked the define block at the start of a function. It gives a nice and clean look.

Looks cool. Will try it out.