Alright fag/g/ots, can anyone explain to me how are Apple products so popular? They are expensive and unreliable...

Alright fag/g/ots, can anyone explain to me how are Apple products so popular? They are expensive and unreliable, yet they have a huge market share. It doesn't make any sense. How did they even get there?

Attached: kc5.jpg (608x960, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/10/6/16437790/iphone-8-swollen-battery-issue-apple-investigating
extremetech.com/mobile/256783-apple-seriously-investigating-reports-iphones-splitting-open-charging
bgr.com/2017/09/29/iphone-8-battery-explosion-display
bgr.com/2017/10/09/iphone-8-battery-swelling-incidents/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/03/16/iphone-explodes-owners-hands-should-worried/
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
appleinsider.com/articles/18/11/14/apple-investigating-iphone-x-that-exploded-after-updating-to-ios-121
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

You do realize that android has ~%85 market share, right?

you know this guy is american if he thinks apple products are popular

Apple products are popular *in a certain niche* BECAUSE they're expensive and marketed as "premier, beautifully designed products."

Combine that with simple ads/sponsorships (e.g. Macbooks being exceedingly popular in film and TV, particularly in the 00s), along with fairly "simple" upgrade paths ("which Android phone should I get? uhhh..." or "which windows laptop should I get? uhhh...." versus "which apple phone/laptop should I get? oh, the latest one!"), and you have massive popularity to certain consumers.

Because normies are fucking retards. Technology was never meant for normies. Fuck smartphones and fuck Jobs. He caused this all.

Attached: TTRyEOT.png (800x600, 122K)

I'm not glad he's gone, but I'm glad he's dead

Is that guns n roses?

They're sleek, well designed, fast, and nobody else had quite the same offering.

In short: Americans. It's no secret most have more money than brains (pic very related).

Attached: debt.jpg (641x399, 23K)

Btw that's a VERY short fraction of the housing debt. Fucking 4-5% APR 30 year mortgages are VERY common.

Attached: 5cdd75302100007d05808d1a.png.cf.jpg (800x502, 31K)

branding

Apple products are quality,your pajitdroids,mempads can't offer the same.

So why do they keep violently detonating into fireballs of shrapnel? Samsung had a problem with a single model, why do ALL iPhone models keep going off like hand grenades?

theverge.com/2017/10/6/16437790/iphone-8-swollen-battery-issue-apple-investigating
extremetech.com/mobile/256783-apple-seriously-investigating-reports-iphones-splitting-open-charging
bgr.com/2017/09/29/iphone-8-battery-explosion-display
bgr.com/2017/10/09/iphone-8-battery-swelling-incidents/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/03/16/iphone-explodes-owners-hands-should-worried/

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190814_at_19.44.38.png (1013x882, 733K)

Even Apple's iPads have mortally wounded people before they even bought it. Why hasn't the ATF shut apple down yet? I thought you needed a license to make and sell explosive ordinance much less sell that to random strangers.

Attached: Screenshot_20190825-131050(1).jpg (720x1019, 341K)

they just werk™

I fell for this meme in highschool during the heyday of the ipod. What they don't tell you is that "just werks" only applies when you replace literally all electronic devices you own with applel equivalents in order to be part of the "ecosystem" cult. Otherwise everything is a fucking nightmare to get to work properly, and you constantly have to fight against it to be able to do what you want.

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8

This, taking down a fucking air bus is no easy feat. How something so small can create a violent explosion strong enough to make a hole big enough to cause violently rapid sudden depressurisation is beyond me.

Attached: 1563194578083.png (761x995, 532K)

>tfw your brand new iPhone 11 explodes in your hand after Apple's arbitrary end-of-support date
think different bro

Not if the updates get you first.

appleinsider.com/articles/18/11/14/apple-investigating-iphone-x-that-exploded-after-updating-to-ios-121

Attached: 1438714549462.png (520x533, 283K)

this
in his day apple did things that were new and amazing, and they manage to mantain their look of innovators, is all about marketing than actual tech

Because it's the only mainstream alternative to Windows and Android.

Marketing and PR

Once upon a time they were better than Android/Windows Mobile phones. Tablets are still arguably better, the only alternative is Galaxy Tab S series. And they can be had used, that's the best thing, because Pros would go for ~$300.

Clever marketing, and the fact that Jobs made a deal with Satan. The first Apple computer sold for 666.66, their logo is literally the bit out of the apple, their early marketing included the serpent.

I always took this to be man recognizing the power he would have through external computational machinery, the power of a god, that man would create a god for its godless world. But it seems like it was something else.

Apple is evil anyway. Always was.

Attached: apple-1-666.jpg (682x767, 137K)

Attached: 378capple-1-advertisement.jpg (1471x1103, 289K)

>what is marketing
Holy shit OP read a book or something

apple provides everything for you. you just need to type in your appleid and you are set. as long as you don't look deeper than surface level you have a great experience. some people will explode but hell even fucking gives you stds

>Tablets are still arguably better
>arguably
There's nothing to argue about an iPad being better than an Android tablet.

Attached: IMG_20190721_073257_317.jpg (594x648, 41K)

>How did they even get there?
jews
/thread

How are they popular if they sell a minority on the statistics?

>certain consumers

no, just consumers. key word there. they aren't concerned with doing work, or for even things like performance or storage. they only care about one thing, and that's the feel of buying a new thing.

its consumer goods in the most negative way possible. apple products are only designed to be consumed. they are disposable. when they break, you're expected to just buy a new one. memes like 'apple products have resale value' or 'apple products work for a long time' exist and spread because they are convenient lies every single person who spent money on one will want to believe, there's WAY more effort going into spreading the meme than there is fighting it

Because not everyone is a penny pinching autist who puts as much thought into their phones as you guys do.
I went to the verizon store about a week ago, saw the iphone xs max on display, and asked the guy how much it would be. He said I could finance for $45 a month, which I could afford, so I went home with it. I didn't spend a month spamming /spg/ with questions about how better the specs of chinkphone x are than chinkphone y for price z. Most people are the same way. iPhones work, they're usually the ONLY phone you can get if you have a visual impairment, they're not that expensive, they work and everybody knows how to use one out of the box.
You can go into an autistic spat and start spamming cherrypicked images and webms of how your chinkphone loads an app .03 seconds faster than an iphone, or the 10 year old webm of an iPhone 3GS lagging a bit on the keyboard, but then you just end up with the same exact question, still unanswered.

>Because not everyone is a penny pinching autist who puts as much thought into their phones as you guys do.
Soooooooooooo you mean to tell "us" that being a financial retard is a good thing? I mean, it is, but not for you. It is in fact very good for Apple.
>He said I could finance for $45 a month, which I could afford, so I went home with it.
>financing
>i can afford it
That's not how it works.

>iPhones work
I mean, they do, but how?
Be my guest and find out:
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
It should be mentioned that all of this absolute clusterfuck is just the beginning.
>they're not that expensive
You're kidding, right?
>You can go into an autistic spat and start spamming cherrypicked images and webms of how your chinkphone loads an app .03 seconds faster than an iphone, or the 10 year old webm of an iPhone 3GS lagging a bit on the keyboard, but then you just end up with the same exact question, still unanswered.
What question? What's unanswered? The fact that people who don't even attempt to make an informed financial decision are often in constant debt and poverty? That's been answered numerous times. Where's the fucking mystery?

Everyone's allowed to have their luxuries. People with iPhones haven't hurt you, unless... they did? There's nothing wrong with buying something you can pay off.
>That's not how it works
Well, I know I am in a position where I will have no problems paying off $45 with no interest every month, so even if I can't afford the phone at retail price there's no harm in financing.
>Be my guest and find out.
Jesus Christ you guys are predictable.
>You're kidding, right?
No. $1099 isn't really expensive, and if I really wanted I could've just paid off the full price of the phone right there in the store but I prefer financing as it makes budgeting easier. Samsung's flagship phones have been more expensive than the XS Max for a couple years now.
>What question?
The one in the OP. If iPhones are such bad devices that nobody wants to use, why are they so popular? I answered that, but have you really?

>Jesus Christ you guys are predictable
Yeah, it's always some unrelated word salad bullshit when you have evidence of your iDevices demonstrably not being what you were brainwashed to think they are.
>$1099 isn't really expensive, and if I really wanted I could've just paid off the full price of the phone right there in the store but I prefer financing as it makes budgeting easier
Sounds to me like someone can't actually afford to buy the phone, that means outright, and is grasping at straws.
>Samsung's flagship phones have been more expensive than the XS Max for a couple years now.
I'm not defending anything, but you do get considerably more for your money if you buy a Samsung flagship. And there are other Android manufacturers other than Samsung.
>If iPhones are such bad devices that nobody wants to use, why are they so popular? I answered that, but have you really?
I personally haven't, but here are the answers: