Ordered this for my laptop

Ordered this for my laptop
What am i in for?
P.S my first ssd

Attached: images (1).jpg (554x554, 27K)

It's gonna be better in every way than the HDD you're replacing, except maybe capacity.

youre about to wet your pamts

Best trade off between price and performance. You did well, OP.

i got the same one recently.
highly satisfied.

Be ready for the possibility of it dying unexpectedly. Kingston is a KNOWN shitty brand.

>P.S my first ssd
Wait how?

Before all the anons jump in saying you bought an inferior SSD, don't worry about it. Make sure you have a good backup strategy and you'll enjoy it. That SSD will be leaps and bounds beyond your HDD experience.

It's a bottom of the barrel ssd and it's still going to blow you away.

This about sums it up. Prepare for much lower read/write times across the board.

OP HERE
>Dont care about difference in speed but worried about it suddenly dying off btw got a 1 year warranty so thats good

>Kingston AKA "Bait and switch the NAND controller after reviews get posted" Inc.
It will be faster than a HDD, no idea for how long though.
I would make sure you have a decent backup plan in place.

It'll feel like a brand new $1000 laptop

Why not nvme tho?

Too expensive to justify the 0.1 seconds in improved load times. Unless you go for fucking Z RAM random 4KB read is gonna be pretty similar across all SSDs.

My life. Never fucking again. KINGSTON is a fucking scam and anyone who advertises it is a jew.

mfw recently switched two of our computers to these kingston SSDs (480GB in mine, 240 in mums)

(i have no face because i'm worried due to the comments itt, speed compared to my shit old 5400rpm drive is unimaginable though)

why did you buy a tiny one from a shit brand?

Bought one of those Kingstons and it lasted 8 months then died with all my files. Make sure to back everything up

I bought one before I knew it has no dram. I'm going to buy a mx500 I've already been using my kingston for 13 months very scared what could happen

Slightly faster read times and quicker failure.

Return it and spend an extra $20 and buy a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB used for $50

>NVMeme

i have 2 of these in my desktop, 240 and 500 gb. it works well, no issues yet

No DRAM and shitty cheapo modules
Should've bought samshit instead

I need a new one too. Which brand should I buy? What's the fastest that fits in my x230?

>What am i in for?
Lack of storage

Dead in 2 months. Get anuda brand

been ruining this for 3 years now
zero issues

Listen
When you slap this puppy in your computer, your little nuts are gonna start quaking buddy
You hear that??
Your little nuts are gonna START QUAKING!
YEAAAAGHGGG
AHHGHH YEAAGHGHGHHHH
YOUR GONNA SHOOT HOT! CUM!

Attached: CnlD9oXWEAAiQ0l.jpg (500x323, 18K)

It will be the fastest upgrade you'll ever have. My first SSD was like night and day. Especially for a laptop HD. You'll never look back.

What are you in for?
Constant SSD failing anxiety and maybe 2 years of life total. Bkac everything up frequently

had it for almost 5 years
no issues
a lot of improvements on my pc
I recommend it

his laptop probably doesn't have it if it shipped with only a HDD

this, SSDs make computers what they were always meant to be

Literally even the crappiest weird brand name chinese SSD is usually many times faster than a hard drive

I have this one, it's a nice upgrade from hdd. Been using for only 6 months, though.