Is there any reason to get a degree in programming or it? Or can you just teach yourself?

Is there any reason to get a degree in programming or it? Or can you just teach yourself?

Attached: 0581FC2DA6BF42C49DE19D06443CA091.jpg (612x612, 54K)

i taught it myself but after grinding at my second job currently i want to get a degree so i can be a lazy programming worker or some shit

Yeah, to easily get a decent job.

You can do both, but it's prefferable to go for a degree.

To get a job.

Who is she?

I slacked the fuck out of my way through a CS degree and got the job over people who actually knew their shit at the time so it has its perks

Any employer will recognize a pattern of achievement just as much if not more than a degree, especially if you have no experience.

There are certain companies that absolutely require degrees, but they will still interview no degree candidates because they don't want to potentially risk not getting the best candidate.

It's nice if you have a degree because they can be semi confident you know the material you'll need to work with. But work experience is Paramount. I never interviewed people for tech positions but I've interviewed for a security department I ran.

Just as an analog, the biggest guy is not necessarily the better fit for this kind of job. Sure, intimidation is good. He can probably handle himself. But his attitude is probably through the roof, his ego will probably provoke more fights. But here's a 5'11" dude who has a just got out of the police academy and has been working convenient store security for a year. He says he started Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in highschool and can wrestle pretty good. He's well spoken and maintained.

Now here's the the guy with 500 commits and handed me a thumb drive of 150 different code samples of projects he's worked on with a 6 page resume. Going up against a guy who has a 2 page resume with a short list of his accomplishments and projects but very well presented. Going up against a guy who has a 1 page resume that says he has a software engineering degree but no experience.

It's going to come down to that interview. How well prepared are you for the position, how hard are you trying? Are you trying too hard? Too little? Are you wasting your employers time by giving too much information? Are you well groomed? Are you thoroughly educated on the position,what it entails and what the goals of the company are?

I say short of medical careers or engineering(electrical/mechanical) the answer is usually you don't need a degree of any kind. You need concrete experience.

my sister

Depends on location, definitely get into a habit of doing object oriented programming before you go for a degree. Self taught idiots tacking objects into their procedural code are easily spotted the moment you look at their code.

Don't you mean idiots using objects?

how big is her penis?

Nope, they literally tack on an object into their C code or some shit, which immediately falls out of scope and is useless. "using" would be giving them too much credit. All they've done is over-complicated their C code.

she don't have any, really, it was surprise to me

>Is there any reason to get a degree in programming
There is no "programming" degree, learning how to program takes a couple of months maximum, it's the equivalent to carpentry, just better paid.

Can I have sex with her?

it gives you time to learn. You basically are teaching yourself in school anyway, but there's a bunch of people guiding you and getting you to try things you haven't considered. Plus you have access to all the school resources--job counseling, health services, the gym etc. It worked for me and paid for itself within a year.

Either way you teach yourself

Cheaper, faster and less boring to look at the classes required for the degree and teach yourself online
but that paper gets you past dumbass hr

University professors estimate that anyone can teach themselves, almost any subject, to a postgraduate degree level if they study in their own time and for about 10 years. Providing their level of interest remains high and that they do not sidetrack into other subjects along the way. The problem being that very few companies would hire you, since they want industry recognised qualifications

what do you mean "fall out of scope"?

Basically to get a job. You don't need it if you want to start your own company/business.

this, programming and some computer related jobs are open to people with enough expertise, experience and skills to do it.

Teach yourself, apply it and show, there is no other way around, user. Worse case scenario, they won't look at your CV but you are a little more knowledgeable than you were before.

Of course it will be harder to enter at jobs about critical software like airplane software or some shit.

A diploma from a college will serve as an amazing middle ground and can help keep you oriented as well as giving you work opportunities through the program during a shorter schooling period. Most programs feature diploma to degree transition programs with a partnered university. This is imo the best way to approach programming as you get relevant work experience without wasting excess time in a university. Should you ever require the degree for future promotions or job opportunities it's available on the fast track, and with the work experience you've accrued, will likely be much easier to complete.

Anecdotal, however I have seen much more success in the relative careers of my two friends. X took the diploma program at a collegiate and got a job two years earlier than Y (2.5 diploma vs 4yr degree). It's been 5yr since X got the job, Y has only worked for 2yr at this point. X has been completing a class or two on the side at the university and now has a 4yr degree, combined with his experience he was able to land two other job offers and had all three jobs compete for him.