VPN+Windows 10+Updates Mess - HALP

Don't ask why, but I am required to have Windows 10 for at least three more months, even though I hate Microsoft.

Problem is, I have never updated it. This has caused a problem, as my VPN has stopped working and upon trying to reinstall it, says my version of Windows 10 is too old for the VPN to even install on. I don't want a different VPN.

Upon trying to update Windows:

1. There are more GBs of updates than my entire free space available if I were to delete every file and program I have.

2. The downloads of updates hang when downloading anyway, even with lots of free space for them.

What do?

Is there any way I can select which updates to install, to have the bare essentials? How? Which ones would most be needed to get my VPN to install again?

Attached: WIN 10.jpg (1200x827, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

google "windows 10 disc image" and go to the microsoft link, just update your OS to the most recent build and then patch it.

keeping your OS unpatched isn't a good way to stick it to microsoft, it just makes you an idiot.

How much free space do you have left?

Try the update assistance tool, which should zap you to the latest version of Windows 10.

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can also download the latest version of Windows 10 manually and attempt a manual upgrade.

You should be able to do the manual upgrade if you have about 12GB of free space.

>How much free space do you have left?
About 900 mb.

I can't attempt a manual upgrade by reinstalling Windows in any way because the updates are still too big for my hard drive even if it were wiped clean (32 GB hard drive, and even with only 2 GB of my files on it, it only has 900 mb free).

Also there are several partitions that contain different mbs worth of unknown files when I attempt full disk encryption with VeraCrypt. Pic related. If I reinstalled Windows 10 over the main HD partition, would any of the others break or something? What's on the other partitions any way?

Attached: HD.png (313x116, 5K)

Weird

anyone know why there are so many partitions?

Install Gentoo

Just install Linux and Win 10 in a VM.

Windows 10 is disconnecting and reconnecting my usb device, wtf

That doesn't solve my problem, being that the updates are bigger than the fucking hard drive itself with Windows alone, never mind Linux+VM software.

Can't you pick and choose updates to install?

install Linux

Kubuntu + KDE PPA + sudo apt-get install linux-lowlatency

You'd think so, but apparently Microsoft not only removed that feature but made it to where you have to have at least 32 GB of free space for updates. My HD is 32 GB.

This is not unusual for a EFI Windows install
There is shit like Windows RE, the MSR, a system partition and of course the Windows partition

How do I know which ones I can delete without fucking up my computer, assuming I just installed a new Linux OS over Windows (I didn't, but hypothetically)?

Install linux

Why do you have so many partitions, if I'm reading this right your HD is actually like 50 gigs

it's says partition 3 is your C drive

It seems to me the only way would be to have an installation drive(usb flash drive) of the latest 1903 win 10.
The windows media creation tool should do that.
Not sure if a clean install like that easily works on a preconfigured setup, but it would get around the space requirement.

If you update winshit to a newer revision it actually just reinstalls it and keeps the old version as backup, hence the large size.

No, I know. But once I install a new OS on C, can I then delete some or all of the other partitions or not? How do I know which ones?

No, you are misreading it, it's 23.1 GB.

>23.1 GB.
Sorry, 29.1*

All can be deleted if you’re wiping windows and installing Linux, they’re all microsoft specific
If installing Linux and not dual booting your going to be wiping the whole drive anyway and the whatever distro you’ll be installing, it’s installer will handle it

>not installing your updates as soon as Mama Microsoft tells you it's dinnertime

you did this to yourself. Install Gentoo.