Hey i'm thinking about getting a classic ipod 6th generation should I do it

hey i'm thinking about getting a classic ipod 6th generation should I do it

Attached: ipod-classic-white-3.png (1561x1576, 280K)

sure

5th is supposed to be peak performance

enjoy having to convert from mp3 lmao

Lmao just get an android phone and a good equilizer app.

I already have a moto e4 olus user

really now elaborate user
elaborate on that user

Yes. One of my biggest regrets is not buying a ton of Classics before they stopped selling them. Free fucking money but at the time I was more concerned with going on holiday. Pathetic.

Isn't iTunes dead? They also sell for a premium now, almost twice what they had cost in their time.

>having to convert from mp3
FLAC and OGG works fine on mine, f2k mustard rice LMAO indeed.

Get a 5.5g

ALAC

not another 6th gen ipod bait thread...

this isn't bait dude i'm dead serious
the reason why i'm getting it so i can download songs that have been takne off spotify like Our love to admire by Interpol and the Mind Mischief ducktail remix

everyone and their fucking dog knows that the 5.5 gen was miles better than the 6th gen, and I'm sure you know this too and created this thread to piss people off and then list reasons why 6th gen is better than 5.5 (hint there are none)

5.5 generation is supposed to output the best sound (best DAC or some shit), but I felt the regular 5th was much louder. Either way, Rockbox is easily installable on any 5th gen, so you can just drag and drop your music instead of using iTunes. They're also supposed to be easier to open than the 6th gen, in case you want to add a new batteries or an SSD.

I fucked up adding a new battery in my 5th gen, but it was a /learning experience/ because I figured out how to change the lcd screen and connect the battery for my 5.5 gen

and in case your this retarded I'd recommend doing some research first, or look at /pmp/

6th isn't officially supported by RockBox though it does work on mine. Perhaps a 5.5 is a better choice.

Thanks for the heads up user
Look dude I was orignally going to get a 5th gen but then i found out that 6th gen exist
what are you talking about

why should you get 6th gen when 6th gen was the beginning of the downfall for iPod?

Back to your containment board.

Attached: 1548763408761.png (400x1650, 367K)

>some non-based zoomer not knowing /pmg/
Wews gtfo

Well what you should know is

I did my best to notice
When the call came down the line
Up to the platform of surrender
I was broad but I was kind
And sometimes I get nervous
When I see an open door
Close your eyes
Clear your heart
Cut the cord
Are we human?
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human?
Or are we dancer?

go for it

Attached: drive.jpg (901x675, 64K)

guide? scared of bricking my 6th gen. as of now gnupod is allowing me to upload songs from linux to the ipod without itunes but obviously i'd rather have rockbox

>ishit
Maybe don't buy proprietary trash hardware with locked bootloaders and you wouldn't have to worry about hacky ROM flashing and bricking.

i literally got this ipod from a friend for $50 in 2011 and it's been going strong for 8 years...i was using windows at the time. not gonna buy a new player until this one breaks

No.

Dont listen to this guy, iPods are one of the easiest devices to unbrick. All you have to do is go into disk recovery mode on the ipod (google it) and reflash the software (from itunes) on it which takes literally a minute if you fuck up anything.
The only thing you'd need to worry about is losing any files you have on it which is pointless since you need to wipe the device before installing rockbox
If you want the best iPod for music, get the 5.5th gen. It has a wolfson dac while the others apple used were cheaper dacs. It's also ezpz to flash rockbox onto