Spend teenage years desperate for the ultimate battlestation

>Spend teenage years desperate for the ultimate battlestation
>Earn a good salary in my 20s
>Stop giving a shit about buying new stuff, still using the same i5 2500k and 1080p monitor
Can't tell if I grew up or got depressed

Attached: capybara.jpg (720x676, 59K)

Grow up.
It's boring same tech but 5-10% better for year.
I just buy new stuff if get broke.

you realize that computers and battle stations are just for aesthetics and not really that convient for earning money or playing video games.
the only people who will care about your /bst/ are little 12 year olds with rich mamas and papa, but want the kid to learn morals.

you realized it's not all that practical and is only useful for showing other people.

The hardware isn't where home is. The software you choose to use is where home is.

You'd think I'd at least want a 4K QLED and a processor that's quick enough to not lag noticeably day-to-day but nope, for some reason having a slightly shitty setup makes me feel comfy and nostalgic. What a joke life is

>computers and battle stations are just for aesthetics
>aesthetics

That's just you.

>Can't tell if I grew up or got depressed
What's the difference really

> can't buy expensive gaming gear as a kid
> don't have time or passion to game as an adult
Isn't it funny how everything works out?

Based

I have all the time in the world but 0 passion for anything, it's pretty scary how it just disappears after enough time

Pfff, my main LCD is 12 years old, PC is 7 years old (aftermarket 4core for cheap + ssd), even older HDDs, keyboard from early 2000s, don't fucking care, it works. If it dies, will buy a new one.

You just grew old.
That's why when I have kids, I'll build them a proper cutting edge gaming machine. You gotta enjoy it while you're young, because later you just lose passion. I always had a crappy PC because of my parents and I hated it. What could have been...

I thought 127.0.0.1 was where the home was

No one told you life was gonna be this way!!!!!! *clap clap clap clap*

I never had an optimal set up until 35. Always too broke and moving around seeing the world. Now I have kids and stay in one spot so I can spend a few dollars on making a mount for a trackball on my recliner and random bullshit. Never called it a battlestation though.

use your money to invest
use Jow Forums

youre welcome user

stop buying stuff, make money work for you instead.

Wow, I’m in the same boat as OP. Can’t tell which one either.

You just learned that consumerism is a never ending pit. Your current machine is probably more capable than the ultimate battle station of your childhood.

>invest your money
>money work for you
>biz

So user are you retarded?

You just realized that you don't need to spend a lot to have a nice PC, unless you want to do some enthusiastic tier gaming, which is retarded.

same except I'm using a monitor from 2007 (1280x1024) and a Phenom II X4 840

Based and tapestry quote pilled.

Basically young you dreamed low because you didn't have enough money to dream big. A $3000 computer set-up? Yeah, I can do that if I work hard and save up.

But a house filled with nice furniture, a payed-off car, and a robust collection of moderately-priced consumer electronics, household tools, nice mattress, clothes, proper health and dental care, etc etc? That costs real money. Career money.

The first thing I bought when I got my job is a $900 computer thinking I'd improve it later. 2 years and 400% worth of promotions later, it's the same $900 rig. But the stuff around the rig is very different.

Have you considered that maybe you're gay?
I got a new job a few days ago and instantly bought a new GTX 1080.

Attached: kek.jpg (808x767, 48K)

same as when you have a good enough personality to score a hot chick, you'd have more fun hanging with mates than fucking/being romantic with the gf

good social personality i mean

>implying i have/had any of these options.

fuck off normaltrash

Attached: 1563106148600.png (323x570, 214K)

tech got boring, man.
my build (and my first build) is a 4670k, and even with the RTX 2070 I threw into it late last year, its still barely needing to be put out to pasture.

Kinda same only I stopped giving a shit about keeping up with the latest tech cause hell I don't really game anymore and really everything else has hit a wall to. You don't need a high powered rig just to do internet or youtube for example.

Consdering people are using phones and shit for those things now and face it, your computer has way more power than a phone does, yet still the phone can handle net searches just fine.

No, my biggest tech expense anymore is HDD for my server and for backups.

P.S - My main rig has a Phenom II from 2010. Still rolling fine.

As you get older, if you want to keep getting use out of gaming PCs, learn to create cool shit with computers rather than consuming things other people have made.

fucking this. disregarding the fact that i'm poor, coming home to my 2007 burned-in blemished pva 1920x1200 fp241w and 2012 4c8t cpu feels comfy as it does most of what i need: shitposting and streaming

i'll get new stuff when these break. fuck the jews and their consumerist dystopia.

i man good i guess. obsession over computer specs is pointless. that said i still have an interest in them, its fun enough. I dont game but do productive stuff with it. perhaps learning some creative technologies would help

>Can't tell if I grew up or got depressed
Probably both, growing up tends to have that effect on people.

>sent from my i5 2500k and 1080p monitor

My i7 3770 I got in 2012 crashes constantly, and has so for several years, despite how many times I wipe it. Replaced SSD, PSU, added a rtx1060. I'm waiting till right before Cyberpunk before I drop a few grand. I honestly don't know how I'm going to feel about it afterwards. I'm so used to this shit, but having it not crash every single day will be nice.

I have a t530 and its i5 is holding up well. Gonna upgrade soon

>want to get a GTX 2080 TI because i always wanted a flagship card as a kid
>realize it's just going to render Jow Forums really quick

>it's pretty scary how it just disappears after enough time
Why is this? I miss my old passions. I kinda just feel dead inside sometimes

perfect

same except I went as far to build a Ryzen 2700 / 1080Ti / 32" 4K PC and only then did I realize I wasn't interested in gaymes anymore.

if he's from Jow Forums, he's probably trying to get some other suckers to browse his "please fall for my scam" board

as I got older I started to appreciate more the technogolical leaps when I finally bothered to get around of upgrading my hardware which is around every 6 to 5 years, every time I marvel how fucking awesome things have got and then I go back to playing decades old games till I do another upgrade and marvel some more

not him but its the same for me

anime doesn't hold my interest as well as it did 10 years ago, i cant beat off 5 times a day anymore, all my childhood friends have moved away

now its just an endless loop of work->exercise->tv->sleep. what's the endgame? where's my salvation from this purgatory?

Sounds about right, the only thing I was kinda excited about was just getting off the Intel platform and going Zen 2.
Only thing nowadays that gets me excited is canyon runs on my motorcycle, only things that could get me killed get my adrenaline pumping.

Attached: 1566475711951.jpg (804x802, 85K)

I feel you.
Really, the only time I feel like I need a faster computer is if I'm emulating something like the PS2.

and I barely play games these days, so the feeling is rare

>frogposting consumerist faggot
embarrassing

>not using nice hardware to create rather than consuming
not gonna make it

Attached: 08940560213.jpg (960x640, 264K)

What the fuck are you running, PS2 can be emulated in realtime with a Core2 Duo.

eh, only if you want the fancy-pants versions of that stuff. I have a paid-off car, too. It's a 20-year-old Honda with 150k on it, not a new Mercedes. Both of them get me from A to B though. Similarly you can get custom furniture or you can just go to Ikea. You can drop big money on a top-of-the-line fridge (that, these days, is probably "smart" and comes with a twitter client...) but it won't keep your food cold any better, it just has the brushed stainless-steel doors or whatever.

Once you decide to stop keeping up with the Joneses, you can have nice and perfectly functional stuff with a ton of money left over for saving or whatever your hobbies are. That stuff just won't be the show-off premium version, it'll be the plain version.