/gtg/ - Jow Forumsternet General

What is Jow Forumsternet?
mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/Purpose
Jow Forumsternet would be our own decentralized p2p network running on our own infrastructure, totally disconnected from the clearnet.
It will be a combination of DIY meshnets on a city wide basis, and a platform for interconnecting these city wide meshnets over p2p openvpn bridges and high powered wireless dishes for City to City relays.
The Inter-Meshnet part of the project will allow any existing DIY meshnets to join our network by adding a bridge node or a city to city relay.
The short term goal is to have a few anons set up their own local meshnet and link them together using the bridges as a proof of concept.
A long term goal is gain a large enough user density that we can disable the brige nodes and have our own decentralized network idependent of the internet.
>tl;dr we're gonna connect city meshes through the internet until we have enough people to disconnect from the internet entirely

Talk about:
>Finding friends to link with
>Linking meshes over VPN
>Decentralization/distribution of all layers of protocol, from network itself to end-user applications
Please try to keep names/logos to a minimum.

Links:
>Map (for finding all your Jow Forumsternet pals and establishing nodes): DEAD, please help setting a new one up
>IRC (contains news, it's the best way to talk to the dev): irc.jollo.org SSL port 9999, channel #gternet (nonactive)
>Wiki (read and edit it): mesh.gentoo.today (not up to date, please contribute)
>Git (sign up and contribute): git.gternet.me
>Previous threads: qt.catbox.moe/4c6fb8
>Pastebin: qt.catbox.moe/638937

Protocol: BATMAN-adv for now using IPv6

Every well-intentioned contribution is valuable! Get your friends and neighbours in on this.

Attached: gternet.png (888x631, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mesh.gentoo.today
zeronet.io/
ipfs.io/
freenetproject.org/
beakerbrowser.com/
gnunet.org/en/
libp2p.io/
geti2p.net/en/
torproject.org/
youtu.be/EP_LRke_oGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is just a botnet but with extra steps.

You said they weren't even a thing in another thread, mr CIAnigger, so I take this new affirmation as an improvement.

neck yourself, what a waste of a post and time.

Wow, they must be up to something really good to trigger CIAniggers like this

Hey guys, this is a intranet, wires and signals connecting each other without any connection to the actual internet. I don't know if you looked at this and thought it was like zeronet, but it has little to no connection apart from being decentralized.
True, their anger is most unreasonable

Anybody made a meshnet near a local uni? Nothing too fancy, at least a shared storage, maybe even connected on the intranet.

>mesh.gentoo.today
>made new map
>new map has account on freeze
>contact table removed
Sabotage or just stupidity?

Stupidity. They shouldn't even host a map there. Better to host a domain on the internet and overlay the places with openstreetmap.

Honestly don't know

>tfw no one wants to join in on the fun

Attached: tf.gif (800x450, 160K)

isn't this overestimating the number of users/range of wifi a little too much? i doubt there's anyone that uses Jow Forums in range of my router and i'm in a metropolitan area

Just to illustrate the point, though this is the desired outcome

O shit nvm. Just get some neighbors and friends to connect.

what will you do once people start posting cp?

report their IPs to the police like we would on the clearnet

retard

> Opening my network to anons on here

Attached: 1789302847271002.png (863x576, 536K)

From the p2p general

>Why ZN?

We believe in open, free, and uncensored network and communication.
No single point of failure: Site remains online so long as at least 1 peer is serving it.
No hosting costs: Sites are served by visitors.
Impossible to shut down: It's nowhere because it's everywhere.
Fast and works offline: You can access the site even if Internet is unavailable.

>Features

Real-time updated sites
Namecoin .bit domains support
Easy to setup: unpack & run
Clone websites in one click
Password-less BIP32 based authorization: Your account is protected by the same cryptography as your Bitcoin wallet
Built-in SQL server with P2P data synchronization: Allows easier site development and faster page load times
Anonymity: Full Tor ntwrk support with .onion hidden services instead of IPv4 addresses
TLS encrypted connections
Automatic uPnP port opening
Plugin for multiuser (openproxy) supprt
Works with any browser

>How does it work?

When you visit a new zeronet site, it tries to find peers using the BitTorrent network so it can download the site files (html, css, js...) from them.
Each visited site is also served by you.
Every site contains a content.json file which holds all other files in a sha512 hash and a signature generated using the site's private key.
If the site owner (who has the private key for the site address) modifies the site, then he/she signs the new content.json and publishes it to the peers. Afterwards, the peers verify the content.json integrity (using the signature), they download the modified files and publish the new content to other peers.

ZeroNet - zeronet.io/

>Related technologies:

IPFS - ipfs.io/
Freenet - freenetproject.org/
Beaker Browser - beakerbrowser.com/
GNUnet - gnunet.org/en/
libp2p - libp2p.io/

>Anonymization:

i2p - geti2p.net/en/
Tor - torproject.org/

Attached: 1566756580530.png (1200x1240, 122K)

Attached: desu2.png (1265x807, 123K)

I'll make the promotional videos
heres an example:
youtu.be/EP_LRke_oGQ

Inter-net
Zero-net
GNU-net

Jow Forumsternet

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Its a big network so the name is fitting

What did you even mean by this

What is the difference and advantage to something like dn42? What problem does this try to solve?

Pic is from the Anime Golden Boy. Even my old cynical and curmudgeonly grimace was melted by the optimism, humour and positive outlook. Unlike anons post, its a true classic