Be tech lead

>be tech lead
>make 700k a year

Attached: 1547433786287.png (664x735, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thestartupconference.com/2017/03/25/the-350k-google-salary-is-hurting-startups/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How about they, you know hire and develop some talent instead of always looking for the overskilled underpaid way out

Maybe get out of Silicon Valley if you're a shitty start-up that can't afford its talent? You already missed the boat on the venture capital tech boom.

That's capitalism for you

It's hurting everyone not just startups. Fuck em for not wanting to pay market rates.

Holy shit I'm barely making 13k/yr in this shithole.
Going to America right after I finish university.

Where did you get this $700k article from? Everywhere I'm looking says $350k.

I'd rather kill myself than work at the botnet.

>get paid 300k in Cali as a tech lead and live there
>taxes, housing, price of reality sets in
>end up barely making it for the month

>Where did you get this $700k article from?
MS Paint

any braindead coder at google can make $300k after a few years of seniority.

a senior tech lead is probs an L7 which is $600-700k

tell startups to get fucked
no sympathy for them
capitalism is great hugh, fuccbois

Try again.

Attached: 1561253588.png (1186x362, 26K)

how's that bumper-to-bumper daily commute on the Altamont Pass treating you?

Attached: 4785426858_e77c190307_b[1].jpg (1024x768, 1006K)

get leetcoding so you can make 300k at FAANG instead user

This is 300k.

300k should be more like 180k after fed and cali tax though

>what is a 401k

>should be included in your chart

Why would my online banking activity include my 401k?

commute is 6 minutes. but keep coping

megabackdoor roth familia

so the flyovers would cry harder

When did you realize taxation is theft that goes to support flyover inbred cavemen who won't move out of their shitholes and kill their inefficient "family farms" even though it's slowing down the economy. I really don't understand why anyone who works in tech votes liberal.

Those wind turbines look way cooler than the regular white-pole ones

I vote Republican and don't care where my tax dollars go as long as this is where I make the most money post tax.

this, we need to kill farm subsidies

dat cope

>that's the joke.png

ITT: salarylets butthurt about their basedjobs

Socially liberal fiscally conservative famalam

>tfw software engineer
>tfw 70k and hate my coworkers
How do I man up and leave? I'm tired as fuck so I use that as an excuse to stay because of the initial stress of a new environment, but these people's bullshit is much of what makes me so exhausted now.

>Socially liberal
>more fagshit welcomed and celebrated
no thanks senpai

you man up and stay, develop some exotic new personality traits like Patrick Bateman

Don't gotta be extremely liberal just moderate. The fagshits getting a bit out of hand not gonna lie

You would think that with all the machine learning Google and other tech companies have they would utilize it to realize that they're in one of the worst locations in the country for their business and move to someplace else. Or better, delete the physical office meme and just let everyone work from wherever they live in the world.

The bay area is where the talent is. And people are less productive when there isn't someone watching over them.

>How do I man up and leave?
leetcode and having a linkedin profile

I want to work in the auto industry, but I'm in California
>Tesla is not an option because of how they treat their workers

I graduated 1 year ago in electrical engineering in a 3rd world country and (applying direct conversion) right now I make 16.7k usd per year, working 40h/week.
I'd accept any job in the us, really.

The talent is there and continues to go there because every big tech company is there. If Google or Facebook packed up shop and moved somewhere business friendly so would the people.
>And people are less productive when there isn't someone watching over them.
So use some botnet solution to monitor them. Even before the cost of the office space people would trade a significant portion of their salary to eliminate commuting.

I know right, once I graduate as an english teacher I'll be looking at 17k per year, it's enough to live comfortably in this shithole but still, for the work that I'll be doing It feels like nothing.

What's leetcode for? Interviews?

I have a bachelor's in software engineering, a few certifications, and do have a linkedin profile.

yes, interview questions, google will ping you on linkedin, then just go from there

did you not get whiteboard interviews?

No. The guy interviewing me said he didn't believe in whiteboards.

After I started working with him I realized it's probably because he hardly knows what he's doing.

$700,000 is a cheap price for your immortal soul.

They are looking towards Mexico for talent now.

>Mexican intellect
kek

>be silicone valley
>everything expensive
>be startup, why do these fags want so much money, why won't they accept McDonald's tier salary.
Fuck this let just get cheap labour from mexico, it will be easy to hire a English and Spanish speaker to deal with the slave underbelly

even with the diversity drives there are barely any hispanics hired, their iq's too low, i see more blacks even

this
The only hispanics I see at work in my office building are the ones cleaning the bathrooms and vacuuming the cubicles.

Genuinely curious how GOOG can pay $700k and still have should appallingly dysfunctional code. Recently used Android (9) for the first time in years and was horrified.

(No, I'm not a malo-sexual. Apple shit is just as bad.)

$700k folks don't code anymore

And they will have to settle for a burrito instead

>homeless
>First dev job
>trying to reach the dream
>see this

how many years experience?

You're literally me a year ago.
Don't fucking give up. Take what you can get and keep improving yourself. Be ready to move on if you get some certifications or something from your first job and see a good looking opportunity elsewhere.

the original article is 350k someone edited the screenshot

>thestartupconference.com/2017/03/25/the-350k-google-salary-is-hurting-startups/

if you need to pay your workers $700k maybe it's not worth the tax evasion...

i'm legit stealing electricity from a construction site and posting off random wifi while I do research on this python script Idea I have. I have a few start up ideas of my own and I have a offer of equity at my current company. I'm just trying to stay the course for at least two years to get that "yeah I have no certs or creds but these guys hired me and I left at this postion and still work there part time and remote for way to much money"

also I have to work this basic bitch tier job weekly to make ends meet and I swear to god every physical labor gig tries to be a cunt about me taking phone calls from important people .

I have no goddamm idea why they so fucking jelly.

but yeah. I want to work here for a while but I figure if I get offers I can go to my boss and either part time myself so I can do it and come back or just get a raise/promotion. I've got some leverage i'll say that.

thanks, without you we could never have figured that out

this and the wages they are paying are not enough to live in Silicon Valley which means those people are not getting paid a living wage so they will have to have room mates or a commute from hell. Better of hiring people to work remotely in that case if possible.

Google L7 is about $350k base, but once you add stock and bonus, total compensation approaches $700k/yr. See levels.fyi

>Moderate
No thank you

Attached: Dog_Hitler.jpg (600x868, 89K)

Based

Attached: 8cc9439fee0116a2cf04e530671db65cimagepng.png (500x590, 419K)

Hop to another job for a 30k raise.

tax money goes to niggers and spics in liberal states, not white farmers

What they won't tell you is that L7s are rare.

Most people never make L5 (senior).

But yes, L4s and L5s are making more than startup "CTOs".

>Most people never make L5 (senior).
literally half the devs are l5 or higher

You mother fuckers are getting me hyped up.
My lease ends in a couple months so why don't I leave this place I hate and find work where I hate every day of my life less?
Two months is plenty of time for me to find another job and place to live here. Fuck this shit.

that's how a friend of my dad's was living 20 years ago

his current house has 4 floors

>4 floors
sounds extremely annoying desu