/wdg/ - Web Development General

Previous thread: >Beginner Roadmap and Overview
github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (don't be overwhelmed, ignore the later parts and go step-by-step)
youtube.com/watch?v=UnTQVlqmDQ0

>Free beginner resources to get started
Get a good understanding of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good introduction to HTML/CSS/JS and Node.js or Django
freecodecamp.org - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
javascript.info - curriculum providing a strong basis in JavaScript

>Further learning resources and documentation
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - excellent documentation for HTML, CSS & JS
hackr.io - crowdsourced collection of tutorials (ignore sponsored stuff, look at upvotes)
learnxinyminutes.com - quick reference sheets for the syntax of many different languages
pastebin.com/gfBPg24A - Collection of PHP links.

>Need help with some HTML, CSS or JS?
jsfiddle.net - create an example here and post the link
codesandbox.io - or here if you're using React/Angular/Vue

Attached: wdg.png (2452x1283, 400K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/victorqribeiro/radialMenu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god bless you front end devs, seriously

real thread over here

Just stopping by to let you know you guys are faggots who are one of the worst parts of technology in general and this point

t. salty at the fact we make buttloads of money

I just finished this open source project. It's a radial menu that's easy to implement on your web app.

github.com/victorqribeiro/radialMenu

A fellow brazilian, huh. Interesting that you don't mind associating your public identity with Jow Forums. Given the volatile political scenery these days and how leftist/SJW-centric most tech companies are, I wouldn't risk doing the same.

Looks pretty good. I was looking for something like this a while ago, but went with something else. Looks pretty performant which is good, looks relatively tough to animate/style. Also, being limited to text/icon fonts is a bit annoying. Lastly, the code style definitely needs another pass: there is way too much white space.

I have two questions regarding NPM modules. Why is it when I add a script to my package.json that references some CLI that I have installed locally in the project, it works, but then if I try to run it like normal it doesn't work unless I use npx?
"scripts": {
"tokens:build": "style-dictionary build -c ./core/tokens/config.json",
"test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1"
},

$ npm run tokens:bluild
// ^ This works

// but using bash inside project doesn't
$ style-dictionary build -c ./core/tokens/config.json

Also, I have this config file inside the -core/tokens directory, the config looks like this
{
"source": [
"./core/tokens/src/*.json"
],
"platforms": {
"scss": {
"transformGroup": "scss",
"buildPath": "./core/tokens/build/scss/",
"files": [
{
"destination": "_variables.scss",
"format": "scss/variables"
}
]
}
}
}

And I need to reference the source files beginning from the root of my project, instead of just the folder that contains the config.json, why is that? Why doesn't this work?
{
"source": [
"src/*.json"
],
}

Do android/ios styling have EM and REM units?

do you have style-dictionary installed globally? If not, then just calling it directly from bash won't do anything.

Can someone help me understand what Microservice means?

Is it just a server for an application running in a container?

No just locally, that's why I don't get why it works when calling it from an npm script

Most of the tutorial are focusing on specific thing. But where do i learn stuff like OP pic related? I want to know how to dockerize my backend? Plus what is rabbitmq and how do i add security. Anyone can point me what to read?

Mostly online, the roadmap at the OP is pretty good at telling you the next step.
How do Dockerize your backend? Read the Docker docs, they're excellent.
What is RabbitMQ? A message queue, a way for multiple services to talk to each other. Of course, you could just use HTTP, but the HTTP protocol is complex and you have to manually deal with things like disconnections, etcetera. Message queues usually solve that for you out of the box.
When in doubt: Read the docs.

Just stopping by to let you know that web devs are not real programmers.

Attached: 1563639462758.gif (226x224, 484K)

Just stopping by to let you know that we make more money than you without being real programmers then. And that you're in unused thread.

At the heart of it, Microservices are a manner of organizing an application or platform into its smallest logical components known as services. This decouples each of the services from one another.

This has two benefits. The first is that it makes development much easier since the different services can be worked on independently without interfering with each other. The second benefit is that each service can be scaled up and down independently. This can make an application more efficient because you only have to set aside resources for the stuff you are actually using at the moment instead of everything in your application as is with monolithic approaches.

The analogy I like to make is to piping shell commands. Each shell command is a core utility and an independent program. Each core utility program generally abides by a common format of using text for its inputs and outputs in the form of stdin and stdout. This means the development of each core utility only needs to concern itself with using stdin and stdout. It doesn't need to be aware of all the other core utilities. It also means you only need to instantiate the utility you are going to use instead of all the core utilities.

Containers are a requirement for Microservices but they greatly help with building Microservices since they can be used to isolate each service and scale them up and down.

Attached: touro_newlight.jpg.gif (301x260, 2.25M)

Does anyone know of any good resources for learning the Actix Rust framework for backend development. They user guide and documentation is pretty lacking as far as introductory material goes.

Attached: 1565927394295.jpg (591x275, 60K)

>rust
maybe ask on /lgbt/.. trannies seem to be into that sort of thing.

Based and Redpilled.

Same fag.

k

Attached: file.png (660x296, 40K)

Just use Vert.x like any sane person would and avoid that tranny ridden shitpile that is rust

how did you know

Attached: file.png (557x300, 31K)

>run eslint after a semi-major code refactoring
>1012 problems (1012 errors, 0 warnings), 4 errors and 0 warnings potentially fixable with the `--fix` option

Attached: 1305290309224.png (493x402, 8K)

y u say that