This is better than any MacBook

This is better than any MacBook
>better trackpad
>better keyboard
>touchscreen
>2 in 1
>similar functionality (Mac OS is for children)
>no fan
>still freezes less often

Attached: pixelbook.jpg (2498x2051, 289K)

>similar functionality
>is for children
So is your system?

Mine is built for simplicity and speed though.
MacBooks cost more for less functionality

Is this a joke? Are you being ironic?

No, I'm right. Prove me wrong

why should we even try?
you are clearly an idiot. one cannot reason with an idiot.

Attached: i-kill-myself.jpg (576x923, 65K)

>giant bezels
>botnet baked in

>This is better than any MacBook
That's not much of an accomplishment. Even RCA tablets from walmart destroy macbooks in performance and reliability.

>better trackpad
The trackpad is worse. It's a physical-clicking single-button, meaning it's impossible to click near the top, whereas the MacBook's trackpad uses haptic feedback motors to simulate a click, meaning it's easy to click anywhere you want.
The Pixelbook's trackpad is also just smaller, which isn't great.
>better keyboard
Sure.
>touchscreen
>2 in 1
Both memes.
Boy, I've always wanted a laptop that tries and fails to be a tablet.
>similar functionality (Mac OS is for children)
macOS is literally one of the only good things about the MacBook. It's capable of a hell of a lot more than Chrome OS is.
>no fan
You say that as if it's a good thing.
>still freezes less often
Ah, I see, you're from the /fa/ thread.

I do not use Google software or services, except for Youtube which I use without an account. I accept that it's impossible to totally hide from Google, but why make it easy for them?

However if someone doesn't care about their privacy when they do their computing then I can see how a Chromebook is very convenient and advantageous. That's up to each person to decide.

Attached: 1514761944905.jpg (2272x1704, 1.28M)

>Chrome OS
>can't use browsers that aren't Chrome
>botnet
yeah...no

Even iToddlers make fun of this memebook

>touchscreen
yeah cuz poking at a wobbly upright screen really improves the experience doesn't it? especially when you already have a keyboard and mouse right in front of you

>MacBook:
POSIX compliant Unix-like OS with full featured bash shell and the ability to run all GNU core utils + anything else that can be run on BSD and LiGNUx.

Can use a package manager of your choosing, along with any of the dozen actively developed window managers.

Is optimized for the hardware it comes with.

Photoshop and MS Office run natively on it.

Is telemetry-free and meant to be used both on and offline.

Extremely high-quality and scalable UI.

>Chromebook:
The power of LiGNUx but with a disgusting looking UI that is meant to hide all its configurability and capability away from the user, while being tied to crapware web programs that spy on you constantly.

There you go OP, you fucking idiot.

Blatantly false

>better trackpad
There are a lot of things that are shitty about Macs, but that was the wrong fight to pick, moron. The Mac trackpad is probably the best trackpad experience in all of mainstream computing. It's one of the (very few) things you can't win on vs a Mac.

this.

>wah I got BTFO
>I know I’ll tell them back to r*ddit
Unironically kill yourself

Based
Not even a macfag but this guys got it

>gooshill
>iShill
Is this the reason there are 100 template windows hate threads a day?

Yes. It's pretty much random word generated from the same spam bot and a googled bsod image.

>(Mac OS is for children
Why do you think Unix is for children?

it would be if you could run something other than android on it, android is decent but its lacking as an os for a laptop

the best ui doesn't exist

Attached: Concept.webm (1920x1080, 2.48M)

>Is optimized for the hardware it comes with.
lol you wish

OSX might be a meme OS, but ChromeOS is the babbiest OS on the market. I'd rather have an iPad.

How is Unix a meme?

Why pay twice the money for a MacBook with OSX when you can get a business laptop and chuck any distro you want on it? OSX constantly tries to restrict the user, that makes it a meme in my book. Nothing to do with Unix.

Your employer is supposed to buy them for you. How does macOS (OS X is an obsolete term, there will be no OS 11) restrict the user?

based

I love how people pretend that online shitapps are a valid substitute for proper desktop applications.

Massively limited hardware options, zero competition from the sole hardware vendor, inability to install alternate OSes. They're also repeatedly discouraging the usage of "unauthorised applications" and in a few versions they'll likely be blocked entirely, like Windows 10 S. OSX is no longer designed for people to do serious work, it's designed for browsing Facebook in Starbucks and their recent choices reflect that.

>Massively limited hardware options zero competition from the sole hardware vendor, inability to install alternate OSes
Doesn't have anything to do with the OS itself.
>They're also repeatedly discouraging the usage of "unauthorised applications" and in a few versions they'll likely be blocked entirely
I strongly doubt it.
>OSX is no longer designed for people to do serious work, it's designed for browsing Facebook in Starbucks and their recent choices reflect that.
It is fundamentally the same as it was when it was introduced. It's always been Unix. I don't see why you think that, other than the fact that you have ADS.

What is this sorcery?

>unironically using a phone OS on a laptop
Yikes.

ChromeOS is Gentoo, you stupid turd burglar.

*installs crouton and installs Linux*

>winbabbies legitimately think Windows is good
>winbabbies legitimately think anyone who says anything that even vaguely implies Windows isn't the best choice for everything is a paid shill
I hate Chrome OS but I'd rather use it over Windows anyday.

And now you have a Linux environment running inside a Google spyware layer.

>Mine is built for simplicity and speed though.
True
>MacBooks cost more
True
>for less functionality
How in the name of fuck do you think you can get away with saying that? MacOS has one of the most robust software ecosystems on the planet. ChromeOS is limited to webapps and a handful of native android apps. You're entitled to your opinion but when it's based on incoherent delusions you're going to get called a retard on the internet, you retard.

Attached: 238.png (600x583, 272K)

Its only killer-apps (and apps period) come from Android emulation tho.

And yet it's still an overpriced piece of shit that serves no purpose that can't be done by something that costs 1/3rd as much.

>This is better than any MacBook
not much of an accomplishment

oof

A concept I created of my ideal DE

Based. I fucking despise Apple, but they have Google beat when it comes to laptops.