>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous Thread

Attached: Realforce 87U.jpg (1024x678, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NxTxMe8Hr_g
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1874
logitechg.com/en-us/innovation/mechanical-switches.html
amazon.co.uk/Leopold-FC980M-Cherry-Mechanical-Keyboard-White/dp/B079T6XQWD
1upkeyboards.com/shop/controllers/usb-to-usb-converter/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for lubed gateron glow best switch

>KBD19X no longer has options besides brass plate/orange case in stock
>Aliexpress listing says "no longer available"
Fuck, did they seriously just discontinue it?

I fucking love topre

Ok Jow Forumsuy, i bought the massdrop ctrl. Am i a faggot?

Yes, but then that was true before you bought it :^)

I think you paid too much money for it. Topre board prices are easier to justify for fans of the switch.

Yes. It's too large and too unergonomic. You should have gotten a Gergo instead.

So what's the verdict on romer-g switches? (Specifically linear or tactile, I'd hate clicky ones). Are they any good? I have a few Cherry clone boards but >muh backlight bleed
Basically the RGB on Logitech's boards is god-tier but I have no clue whether they are good.

Attached: romer-g-article-page-2018-refresh.jpg (450x270, 49K)

They're shit, barely tactile like how mx browns are barely tactile.

Epic gaymen switches designed to illuminate the LED lighter with shorter actuation and less key travel, something nobody in this thread should like.
They're also incompatible with anything but Logitech keycaps btw and their keycaps are shit.

Less travel distance sounds bad. Obvously the caps aren't compatible but it's helpful to know the stock caps aren't good.
I actually somewhat like browns. But what about the linears, are they OK?

Attached: IMG-20190825-WA0006.jpg (900x1600, 414K)

The linears aren't any better than Cherry MX and its derivatives, and have none of the aftermarket support (keycaps, springs, etc).

the whole point of memecanical keyboards is to flip the space bar

only reddit sois who type incorrectly do that

>tfw row 3 SA spacebar
I CAN'T TELL IF I HAVE IT BACKWARDS OR NOT PLS HELP

If I'm going to lubricate either one, should I pick Gateron Inks or MX Blacks? The keyboard is just a plate mount, but I want a relatively heavy switch, with a deeper, less-annoying sound.

The inks have a deeper sound apparently.
youtu.be/NxTxMe8Hr_g
Cream switches might be lower sounding than the inks but in the bit of searching I've done I couldn't find a direct comparison.

Thanks, inks sound good. Just going to have to save up a bit more, if I decide to go that route. I don't have anything thick enough to lubricate creams, anyway.

I've kept using my Ducky 9008B-G2 keyboard for the longest time and haven't ever changed anything; stock keycaps are now rubbed shiny.
I'm not sure I'm ready to change boards, but I would like to refresh the look a bit.

Looking for any solid recommendations on keycaps or anything for a black base? I do really like the Ducky logo on the spacebar.

Attached: large_49_DK9008G2_01.jpg (769x398, 56K)

Anyone pre order one of these bad boys?

Attached: 1CAE20CE-CE68-4EF8-B7EF-1F872B5F7264.jpg (235x235, 71K)

>backlight without led through caps
>artisan keycaps
>65% layout except missing a key
No thanks.

I was messing with my two sets of keycaps on a K70 I was given. They're mismatched and one is non-backlit but I was wondering if there was a PBT set like this. It's probably a basic color set but I don't see much options at MechanicalKeyboards.com and probably haven't looked hard enough on Aliexpress. Any suggestions on where else to look?

Doesn't have to be for the K70, I just happened to take the picture with the keys on it. This is the closest I found at MK but it's not backlit:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1874

Attached: IMG_1400.jpg (1612x806, 755K)

check on KPrepublic

Thanks, much better options there.

this is going to get flak im sure from others.

MAX Keyboards sells a translucent smoke black ABS set thats super thick with laser ablated and infilled lettering or at least used to be.

They look like early black apple Pro and MS internet wireless keyboard caps almost.

They are only like 40 bucks, include the 3 common space bars, extra modifiers, and ANSI bigass, ANSI rectangles and ISO returns

Attached: 71ghdXVFZkL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 137K)

looking for a TKL with ISO-DE layout and tactile switches for my first mk. I'm neither a typist nor do i game very often. don't wanna fiddle around with soldering and such, so I've narrowed it down to these prebuilts. i don't know much about keyboard manufacturers btw. which one Jow Forums?

Attached: keyboard choices.jpg (1006x211, 85K)

I can highly recommend Cherry MX Red Silent switches

I might even pick up the TKL version. I have no problem with the layered function keys but I kind of miss my arrow and delet keys

Attached: IMG_1456.jpg (2500x1667, 455K)

get the ducky, the varmilo or a leopold
filco is not worth it nowadays and GMMK is only worth it if you want hotswap (so you can change switches without desoldering)
vortex is also nice quality and I've seen some around in ISO-DE

just be sure to try out some switches IRL, MX browns sound good in theory but in practice most people find them barely tactile - clears are much more tactile but also heavier so not for everyone

thanks for the input. I'm gonna get a switch tester soon. it probably makes for a good fidget toy

>buy a MX clear thinking it would be quiet based off what I read
>it's twice as loud as my old rubber dome keyboard
I'm going to kill myself

Should've got silent reds/blacks

All mechanical switches with the exception of topre are louder than rubber, cause it's hard plastic slapping against hard plastic. Only exception being those silent switches.

learn not to bottom out or get some o-rings

Are silent red / matis silent better than rubber dome or will i just be wasting money?

Should I just go with the o-ring method?

Who gives a shit? That's still quiet enough for all circumstances.

Pick up some o-rings first, those will at least silence the downstroke and they cost fuck all.
Silent reds/blacks are linear switches while clears and rubber domes are tactile, so they will feel significantly different. Whether they feel better or not comes down to your personal preference.

Does it matter what kind of o-ring I use?

There's various thicknesses and hardnesses, but if you're just looking to try them out any of the right size to fit a keycap strem will do. They're dirt cheap anyway.

silent mechanical switches are fine and don't feel like rubber domes
you should still try o-rings first and try to let go of the switches after the tactile bump

i don't feel a bump is the issue. I think too most of the sound is coming from my fingers hitting the top of the keys..

Just got my first ever mechanical keyboard, upgraded from a Logitech K120.

It's arriving some time today and I can't wait. I chose the brown switched because I liked them the most when tested earlier this year.

I was told Ducky is a good brand so I hope my $240 isn't wasted.

Attached: Screenshot_20190827_035331_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x3656, 689K)

>$240
excuse me, what the fuck?

That's New Zealand pricing.

from my experience 'heavy' linears (60-70g) make the least amount of noise (as long as you don't bottom them out really hard)
it's best to just get silent switches

I'm seriously considering getting this maymay shit. New G915 low profile mechanical wireless

Magnesium alloy top, new "GL" switches that hopefully are an upgrade from their shitty romer-g switches (still available in linear tactile clicky), media buttons volume roller macro buttons blah blah.

I think it's the thinnest keyboard out now that's mechanical wireless

>upgrade
>less key travel

oops. image fagmiliar

Attached: Logitech-G915-Wireless-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-02[1].jpg (1625x1000, 138K)

im not huge on key travel, i have arthritis and play video games so i like low travel.

Are retooled cherry linears good in the current market or are they plain beat by other, cheaper options?

are these a cherry knockoff like the GX switches they used earlier?

logitechg.com/en-us/innovation/mechanical-switches.html

this probably means more to you than i can tell you personally

If I wanted a metal top and RGB, I'd get a Shine 7 with its zinc top case.

Just bought amazon.co.uk/Leopold-FC980M-Cherry-Mechanical-Keyboard-White/dp/B079T6XQWD
Was it a mistake? Should I cancel my order?

Attached: 71Lbp6C31uL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x630, 91K)

I think they're overpriced but leopold does make quality keyboards.

I like Leopold's keyboards insofar as the build quality is concerned, but if you ask me Cherry switches aren't really that great.

Since it's amazon you should be able to return it easily if you don't like it, no?

where can i buy bare board kbs? I'm getting a Latin American keycap set from wasd, and I need a board. ISO layout, tenkeyless, no shitty leds.

thinking of using a broken blue alps lb to doner board into an older complicated white alps omnikey
y/n?

>Since it's amazon you should be able to return it easily
That's true, but I bought it through Amazon from a third party seller so I'm not sure how that works. What's wrong with Cherry switches and what would you recommend?

It depends. If it's "fulfilled by amazon" I don't think there should be any problems insofar as returns are concerned. I'm not positive about that, though. That's just my experience.

And I've had a cherry red board before and while it wasn't so bad it was just kind of lifeless and a bit scratchy. Cherry switches aren't bad but they aren't great either.

As far as modern linear switches go, Flaretech switches feel great, but the build quality on Wooting keyboards are unfortunately garbage. It's also way overpriced.

There's nothing wrong with Cherry switches, they're simply mediocre compared to newer makers.
It's pretty much the only choice if you want to get a good prebuilt keyboard though, stuff like Kailh Box or Zealios are only available on custom boards.

>tfw waiting on a rama board
did i do good bros?

you did well user
>What's wrong with Cherry switches
nothing, they're fine after retooling
some people just prefer niche autismswitches

they're overpriced

not really when it's hard to find a top quality prebuilt with anything else

Just bought this for 50 bux, did i did good or goofed?

Attached: Logitech G613 .jpg (1215x643, 132K)

?
they're objectively overpriced

by themselves yes, but you can't really get a leopold-tier prebuilt with anything else

plastic and not programmable?
buddy idk what to tell you

Attached: 2018 fresh.jpg (2000x1333, 426K)

No, these ones are Kailh Choc switches. Not clones or custom versions made for Logitech, literally just regular-ass Kailh-branded Choc switches that Logitech is calling GL switches for no fucking reason.

Whats the point of wireless big keyboards? its not even going to leave your desk anytime soon

But dude wireless lmao

whats the point about caring about all these "Aesthetic" 60% etc keyboards when they then have a big wire coming out of them?

One is an aesthetic style and the other is a feature wich is not going to be exploited because of the big size negating the benefits

rf hipro

Attached: dfgdddd.jpg (2084x1242, 239K)

>big size negating the benefits

except it doesn't, whatsoever.

desk with a wireless keyboar and wireless mouse on a big XL mat just looks dank as fuck.

It's not the best but it works. I bought one when it released for my living room. The switches don't feel that great but still not bad like rubber dome.

What's a good tk that doesn't look like an alien chose but is good for geyman

Attached: 1544838899026.jpg (255x220, 8K)

Leopold 750r PD

Is that Agatha? God, I want to cum on her face

My upgrade from a magicforce 68, will probably keep this for a while

Attached: 20190826_211829.jpg (3000x2250, 1.42M)

Anyone have any experience with one of these?
1upkeyboards.com/shop/controllers/usb-to-usb-converter/
Or have a good tutorial on how to build your own?

Nice dog

Attached: Hasu usb controller.jpg (1280x1280, 122K)

Why are topre keyboards so expensive?

Because they can get away with it.

Been pretty happy with a KBP v80 and DSA key caps on mx blacks.

Also found that Signature Plastics caps are not exactly snug and costar stabilizer ends slip out of the keys. Had to use small plastic bag sections to tighten up the fit...thats sort of a bummer considering how much their caps cost...

Are case feet standardized in any way? the default ones have no rubber on the flip outs so there is some tendency to slide

Attached: IMG_20190825_192628.jpg (2016x1512, 1.26M)

he's poopin in your keyboard

I don't think so, all my keyboards have a different feet type. My chink board has the opposite problem to you, there is nothing holding the keyboard in place if the feet are not up.

Topre is true endgame.

I used shitass rubberdomes, buckling spring, and all of the Cherry switches, and nothing was really worth it until I finally got to Topre.

Topre is love. Topre is life.

Well i want to have as less cables as possible in my desk because they are somewhat annoying, that's pretty much it. And i don't want a 60% keyboard because i really do use the numeric keyboard on daily basis. Also fuck full gay rgb aesthetics i'm all about functionality.

Thanks for the feedback.

that seems rather unfortunate too.

Topre is overrated, overpriced, and mushy. It brings shame to tactile switches.

Any suggestions for something low key, quiet, no gamer-shit, preferably ergonomic for work?

Just bought pic related with browns to replace my 5 year old gamershit, tell me how to feel.

Attached: Screenshot_20190826-204055__01.jpg (1080x1610, 262K)

Not bad, what switch tho

>with browns
feel bad

I've only ever had blues and reds, I wanted something in between them so went with browns.

Let's see how this goes.

Wished I had the time to solder a keyboard again like I did when I replaced the shitty Cherry browns on the QFR-i I'm using now with Navies...

Attached: file.png (577x608, 59K)

>13 freedoms for a stab
yikes

I don't have that one specifically but I worked on a project for school with basically the same hardware. just used a leonardo and a DEV-09947. you could probably do a pro micro and a micro version of the usb host shield if you really want to build your own and can solder