Does night mode actually help stop eye strain or is it a fucking meme?

Does night mode actually help stop eye strain or is it a fucking meme?

Attached: 1564324114783.jpg (1920x1280, 2.48M)

It makes the screen look less glaringly bright to me in a dark room

>that amoled burnin
lmao

Pretty sure that's just transparency. Burn-in would have inverted colours

if you use your pc or phone shortly before sleeping it will help

i don't really know what you mean by eyestrain, but I find it nice to reduce color temperature on screens I view in a dark room or at night. I think i've been using redshift or similar since 2004 or so.

in the short term yes very much, in the long term it has the potential to just yourself up

Attached: 1528292259444.png (821x869, 25K)

>Can't tell the difference between transparency and burn in

Attached: serveimage (9).jpg (1280x720, 54K)

how

i run night/black/dark mode on anything i can at all times.

Attached: maxresdefaultbnkjk.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

Same

that's transparency, it's showing the icons below

It works pretty well

It’s a meme that it reduces eye strain. You use it at night to trick cells in your eye that are tuned to look for a blue sky to signal your brain that the sun has gone down and make it easier to get to sleep. This isn’t completely proven science, but it “makes sense” from a logical standpoint. So why not use it?

That's different from eye strain. I don't know how true the blue light thing is for falling asleep. I never have issues going from staring at a monitor or screen to falling asleep.

I will say that the warner softer colors (or eink) are much easier on the eyes at night, especially in a dark room where your eyes are dilated. If I use a bright full color screen in a dark room it does start to make my eyes feel sore and dry and sometimes gives me a headache. The night-modes help.

I use f.lux, I think it helps but I've also been keeping the lights on at night and using dark mode on as many things as possible which probably helps a lot more. I haven't gotten eye strain eve once after like two years of doing this.

you're a fucking meme

This.
What a cuck.

brainlets

By reinforcing bad habits. Like those ergonomic chairs that every school and office has these days: they are better for your spine because they make it more comfortable to sit down for far longer, but they cause long-term back problems which would be entirely avoided by not sitting down for so long in the first place.

Try it for a few days then turn it off and you tell me.

Obviously it does, if you're not looking at bright images in a night mode layout ofcourse.

retard

>(You
t. amolet

Bro it doez help