His workstation draws more than 30W with a monitor

>his workstation draws more than 30W with a monitor

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2014/08/08/twitch-emoticons/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>his workstation doesn't draw more than 30W with a monitor

Attached: 1497731822750.gif (447x415, 253K)

Go on then, post a parts list.

My laptop only draws 2.8 w

>he is not using laptop to save energy

Attached: 6 (1).png (512x512, 38K)

my laptop has a 45W power supply, so something less than that, it'd probably be less than 30w on average during drawing

>start neural network inference
>room heats up to a comfy 26c

Attached: 34712963506.jpg (210x240, 16K)

frog images are in the exact same bucket as twitchspeak. use them and have your opinions and statements immediately discarded. sort of like tripcodes.

>26c
>comfy

>twitchspeak
the fuck is that

mashable.com/2014/08/08/twitch-emoticons/

hmm, i recognize some of that from watching *GDQ, but i watch it through mpv (both live and from youtube), and have never actually turned on twitches' chat (well, not for more than a second, and it's always flying past with junk, so i don't see the use)

what's the flow like for using mpv for youtube? how do you find the things you want to watch? still use the youtube website?

yea i use the youtube website, just not the actual video pages, i just copy links then press a hotkey i've setup in my WM to open the clipboard with mpv
there are other ways to browse youtube, but this does the job for finding new things
for things i follow, since i don't have a youtube account anymore, i have an RSS reader with various youtube channels/users/lists in it (yes, youtube provides rss feeds), which includes the video url. and since i only use rss for youtube, i set up the reader mpv was the "browser", so i can open mpv with a single button from it

rss was one of those things I never bothered setting up. I'm concerned with the amount of time I spend on youtube but I also subscribe to some very informative channels so I'm torn on the subject. I also feel like a fool being a youtube user while declining any use of social media. seems entirely hypocritical/retarded.

it is during winter

>caring about how much energy you workstaion uses
>only using one monitor

>rss was one of those things I never bothered setting up.
same, it was only until i started watching a few too many youtube channels that it became a pain to remember, and perform, checking them manually to see if there's any new videos
> I also feel like a fool being a youtube user while declining any use of social media. seems entirely hypocritical/retarded.
i'm not sure why you should consider them equivalent or even related
nobody considers TV social media, and youtube is much closer to TV than it is say, facebook
sure, you can comment on videos, but it's not the purpose, they're just .. comments. i don't read comments 99.9% of the time, and i've never posted one

Sauce?

Use SMTube or youtube-dl.

I conflate the two because there is /so/ much shit on youtube. it's hard not succumbing to the youtube blackhole where you click one video and then another and another and before you know it it's 5AM. I guess that's where self-control comes in.

never heard of SMTube but will look into it. thanks buddy.

It is after a week of 35°+

>it's hard not succumbing to the youtube blackhole where you click one video and then another and another and before you know it it's 5AM.
eh, i haven't done that since i was a teenager
it takes me ages to find anything worth watching now. youtube hasn't ever had any kind of quality control, and i'm good with that, but i'm not a kid anymore, so i'm not interested in 90% of the stuff that shows up
i rarely ever find anything i want to watch from inspecific searches or recommendations, it's usually from seeing it elsewhere

I find new interests on youtube incredibly often. the suggestions are actually not terrible. maybe my standards are low.

PepeLaugh

do you login?

to youtube? yeah, why?

My monitor alone is specced at like 25W

this. everything just feels like clickbait filler and even what content there is isn't really anything that interesting or worth watching and just feels like a waste of time. When I was 14 I could watch endless top N list videos but now I don't watch anything but raw cuts of matches from fighting game tournaments. Used to watch pewdiepie a lot up until like a month ago but his minecraft RPing is too gay for me.

i don't, i got rid of my account years ago
i'd probably get better recommendations if i let them track me (and i don't mean that in a paranoid "they might be" way)
but fuck it, i have enough to watch

nah, your fears are exactly what I'm concerned about too. I'd rather reduce my footprint online in all aspects but youtube is tough.

what do you really need it for?
subscriptions? add them to an RSS reader
playlists? make a regular playlist file of youtube links, mpv can open them, or even better, download them. anything you think you'll want to watch/hear again, you should download, because it might not be there tomorrow. i've been on the internet for nearly 20 years now, and i can tell you just about nothing lasts forever
comments? there's plenty of places on the internet where you can talk about the contents of youtube videos
uploads? there's no way around this one, but you can at least keep logging in limited to just this purpose
not really sure what else you need an account for

>tenor.gif

gonna look into adding subscriptions to an rss reader. that sounds much better. thanks user.