This piece of shit is basically a 4 years old graphics card overclocked to shit...

This piece of shit is basically a 4 years old graphics card overclocked to shit. And yet no mid range RDNA 1080p graphics card, not even a rumour of one
What the fuck is wrong with AMD

Attached: 2999492-xl-a[1].jpg (540x540, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1660-ti/
mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Sapphire-Radeon-RX-Vega-56-Pulse-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Full-Retail-_1233947.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

price fixing, market manipulation, late stage capitalism

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1660-ti/

>costs as much as a vega 56 despite being inferior in everything, sometimes by a huge margin
oook

>not even a rumour of one
user just look up Navi 14. It's already in the Linux drivers. Full chip has 24CU. Put two and two together

It just werks.

There are plenty of rumours about an entire range of Navi cards.

Believe the ones about low cost cards. Take a shovel of salt with the ones that say it'll demolish a 2080ti.

AMD makes a great value proposition. That's where they're going to stay for a long time.

The fuck do you need something more than an 8 GB DDR5 card for anyway?

Shadows

i feel bad because i paid $300 for it last year.

Attached: 1566826098179.jpg (1600x1066, 778K)

vram doesn't equal performance

590 is a terrible card, draws more power than Vega 56 for worse performance

there are plenty of rumors of one, not sure why you'd say something so dumb.

I’ll never buy AMD again. I’ve had so many problems with their chips over the years that I’ll forever stick to intel and nvidia. Ya they aren’t perfect either but I’ve never had problems on the level I’ve had with AMD hardware. I’m talking at least four separate pieces of hardware having endless and insane driver issues and a processor that kept bluescreening no matter what I did.

>Vega 56
I suppose this shit also costs $500 or something.

the sapphire pulse is 250 europoor

That's because current Navi 5700 series cards will become the mid rangers as navi 23 dabs on nvidia's high end 2080 series. Seeing a 5700 for around $250 in a few months wouldn't be that surprising.

The low end Navis will most likely go to APUs and HOPEFULLY AMD will include even a 2GB 100GB/s crumb of onboard HBM 3 with them as samsung is currently implementing ways to make them affordable for that market.

If it all pans out correctly in 2020 we could see 12 or even possibly 16 CU Navi APUs clocked around 1.5GHz or more. Combined with even that 2GB crumb of HBM and you'd get Rx 570 performance or close to it.

Attached: LowCostHBM.jpg (1300x732, 198K)

Why would AMD sell 5700 for $250 when they can sell 5600 for that much. Why do you think Navi 23 is in a few months when Navi 14 and Navi 12 isn't even out yet. Why would you put low end and HBM in the same sentence. Why would low end Navi go to APUs when it's clear AMD need them for discrete laptop GPUs. Why do you think it's acceptable to be a tripfag

i have a ryzen and it's i haven't had any problems with it. I think the older pre ryzen era cpu's had lots of issues and that put a bad taste in everyones mouth. I highly reccomend you try ryzen they are pretty good bang for the buck right now.

Also have a RX580 and it works fine too. no problems. Handles the new RE2 remake game at 1440p without any lag whatsoever.

>late stage capitalism
nothing screams zoomer more than this dumb phrase

1. no it isn't
2. it has coil whine
3. >buying second hand

>being inferior in everything
how about noise

4k per eye VR. Literally entire fields of tech worldwide have stagnated because AMD has no budget for their graphics division right now. Nvidia has been on vacation for.... when was the last time AMD had a card on launch that could beat all nvidia offerings?

There are plenty of people who have said a 5600 And 5600 XT will be released when Polaris stocks run out.

We are nowhere near a single card solution for dual 4k@90 fps VR. That's like 3 generations away.

Because vega 56 already fills that gap atm, it wouldn't make sense to compete with their own mid-rangers. Thus it seems entirely viable AMD would instead focus on HBM APUs for anything lower than Vega 56 performance.

Zen 2's exceptional energy efficiency would absolutely allow it with a 3.6GHz quad core having a TDP of like 25W, that leaves 40 watts for the iGPU on a total 65W TDP envelope and 70 watts for the iGPU on a total 95W TDP envelope.

I bring up HBM because samsung is making a cheaper version of it (ie less than $100/4GB stack). If it went down to say $40 for a 2GB stack it's entirely possible to fit that on a quad-core zen 2/16CU navi package with a TDP of 95W for less than $200. Because of RDNA you'd get pretty close to Rx 570 performance or even match it.

BEST part you could use $50 16GB RAM kits as the iGPU would have it's own high speed vRAM instead of using the system RAM.

Attached: 685x960.jpeg.4789671bbe5b459eaac99777e4148423_.jpg (685x960, 64K)

Dont forget shit API's that hold processors through feeding the GPU with data with only 1 thread.
Wouldnt want older CPU's being able to supply that trash $1200 GPU with 100% usage now would we. Go buy that 9900k goyim.

Imagine if API's didnt hold back the hardware, we would actually see the real bottlenecks in hardware and GPU manufacturers would shit bricks and a new race to the top would emerge.

It's not that far fetched when you think about it, intel already did something VERY similar to that with their hades canyon NUC thing. Except they were able to cram 24 CUs albeit at 1.2GHz. Remember everything in pic related is done on 14nm lithography and was able to fit in a 100W TDP package.

Attached: gseriespackage.jpg (620x407, 33K)

keep seething
mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Sapphire-Radeon-RX-Vega-56-Pulse-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Full-Retail-_1233947.html

>Vega56 as $250 midranger
1. Which is more profitable to AMD: selling 486mm2 Vega chip with HBM2 for $250, or low end APU with HBM
Which is more profitable to AMD: low end APU with beefy graphics + HBM, or low end APU with okay graphics + discrete Navi GPU?

And how much did it cost? It's a high end product that needs its own motherboard design. The HBM is connected to the GPU by Intel's EMIB, which AMD do not has access to. AMD will need to use interposer, which brings up the cost even more. Look at how much space it needs. Even on 7nm, why would laptop OEMs allocate that much space for a low end APU?

>mid range
>1080p

considering that 570 is the best 1080p card you can get and its considered entry level then you really are projecting again stupidity

Attached: capitalism-has-failed.jpg (639x533, 51K)

Poolaris is so fucking trash
Even my rx580 nitro+ is loud, which is supossed to be the most quiet rx580
I wish i would have gone with nvidia and wouldn't have anything to do with the amd "drivers"

bump, can't reply atm. hope inb4 archive

I just bought this card a week ago @ 190 euro and I'm very satisfied! It runs ANY game at ultra settings, 60 FPS 120Hz, ultrawide 53" monitor Freesync. If you ventilate it properly and don't have the case near your ear, you barely hear it. Runs Doom like a boss. Won't even bother watercooling it.

1.) This is where AMD is gonna have to make a tough call because like I said they would be competing with their own current mid-ranger. They've basically entered the $5 footlong predicament from subway in a way. Do they stop V56 production and make another V56 performance level GPU for the same $250? How will current V56 owners and those who wanted the HBM V56s feel about this?

2.) This is where those HBM APUs would come in. The biggest crux for laptop iGPUs has always been the system RAM they use (it blows). So if AMD fixed that they could easily get 8-12 CU navi quad-core APUs with 1GB/50GB/s or 2GB/100GB/s of cheap HBM and have them perform on par with a gt 1030 all the way to maybe 75% of an Rx 570.

It would seem this could generate AMD more money because they will have a unique product intel or nvidia don't offer yet and sell them for a somewhat higher premium. The fact that these things would be able to fit inside normie ultrabooks/2-in-1s would make OEMs start to rub their hands fast enough to start a fire.

As for the last part this is why I brought up cheap HBM 3 samsung is working on. They would get rid of the TSVs and use organic interposers and a bunch of other magic tricks I don't understand. But the end result would be cheap HBM that's easy to implement.

As for the space, what's stopping OEMs from using the same zen 1/1+ motherboards from using an APU with the zen 2 chiplet design or is motherboard compatibility an issue here?

>And yet no mid range RDNA 1080p graphics card
the 5700 is mid range

Pick up a 1660. It's not as hot and performs a bit better.

1080p60 is low end now, not midrange. Midrange is RX 5700, and that is 1440p60 (or higher) or 1080p144

Well they just need to make lower end models from the 5700 duh

Noise entirely depends on the cooler, you dumb hick. I have an undervolted RX 580 that consumes ~100W under full load, yet it's louder than my overclocked 1080 Ti that consumes ~300W under full load. There are quiet models for every GPU and shit, loud ones for every GPU.

in the process of RMAing 2x gigabyte vega56 right now.

basic problem with that specific model, crashes under load or even not under load. looking up the card on newegg it has over 50% 1 star ratings.

RMA comes back as "liquid damage". apparently they are calling the silicon oil(?) that has leaked from the heatpads under the backplate "liquid damage" and are trying to reject my RMA based on this. i whined about this and now they are making me sign a paper stating that they are not acknowledging the damage, but they are sending the cards forward to gigabyte for further investigation.

this shit is unbelievable.

rx 5700 and 5700 xt are mid range you ape.
>not even a rumour of one
Navi 14 is already complete but they are not launching untill polaris stock is depleted.

>Noise entirely depends on the cooler, you dumb hick.
Yikes!

Hiring Colonel Schultz as their Defects Supervisor was a wise choice.

RDNA scales better than Turing. There is literally no reason AMD can just double up on the 5700 xt and use the 2080ti as a cock sock. The 5700xt isn't even a feature complete Navi and is still using GCN instructions.

>buying gigashyte EVER
Your issues are gigashyte issues non AMD issues. Gigashyte's Vega 56 is known to have extremely high failure rates. I don't know how that company is still in business. AMD should cut them off to avoid them smearing there name with shit products.

Attached: 1559590330282.png (869x768, 135K)

Even the walls know by now that with AMD cards you need to buy sapphire.

>when was the last time AMD had a card on launch that could beat all nvidia offerings?
Around the time of the Radeon HD 7000 series, so 7 years ago. That was also the last line of ATI cards to use Terascale. GCN was a mistake, and hopefully RDNA will fix that.

It did but something's not quite right.

Attached: ZomboDroid 26082019171541.jpg (2165x1423, 465K)

>wanting mid range and not the best
COPED, SEETHED AND BANKRUPT

Now with pozzed11 plz?

t. capitalist piggu

Are you retarded? 5600 and 5500 coming after rx 580 and 570 cease existing.
>how about RX 600 series
That's just OEMs forcing AMD to give something """new""". They will be the Bristol Ridge of GPUs

This

>draws more power than Vega 56
Gonna need a source on that. I'm guessing what you seen was Vega 56 undervolted vs 1425mhz+ Rx 580 with +50% power limit.

>RX580
It does heat and noise problems? The only thing that stop me is that..
also what Ryzen?

>Comparing a discontinued end of life GPU to a superior power efficient one

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

>heat and power concumption
unless youre trying to render shit on a poorfag budget a vega is useless, and theres no point in buying AMD's shitty graphics cards stick to their CPUs, they have all the negatives of what fermi used to have, and if youre just playing games on 1080p just get the current lowend 1650 or 1660, theyre around 570/580 with only $50 in difference with less watts and heat

>a desktop gpu is superior just because its more power efficient
kys you absolute retard

for me, it's the vega 56 sapphire pulse OC'd to more or less 1080 level that I got for £250 brand new

This user gets it.

>Draws more power than 1080 ti while performing worse
>Somehow is supposed to scale better and be more efficient
I don't want to break your delusion Amd drone but prepare your cheeks for another 470/480/490 and 7970/290/390 letdown.

They literally said they were already working on a mid range and higher end NAVI card, they can't even keep the current after market cards in stock.

see

Give them a break, they have like 1/10th the R&D budget of nvidia and intel and they're still wiping the floor with BOTH of them.

Attached: 1558921880987.png (1543x1615, 3.75M)

>Cherrypicking bf5 for xxxth time
It's like I'm stuck in groundhog day except last time it was battlefield 1.

so why are they doing 600 series rename shit again?

OEM only I think, or laptops only. Did we even get anymore info?

The point is the 1080p benchmark you cock mongler. AMD singlehandedly butchered the entire 2070 and 2080 cards with RIS.

You can either:
get 1080p framerates at 1440p
or
get 1440p framerates at 4K

Why do you think nvidia took DSLL to the back of the shed and put 2 rounds in it?

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080 (1).png (500x970, 51K)

>bought a nitro+ 580 a few weeks ago for like £170
I can probably OC it close to a 590 butmi don't really need the extra heat.

Why didn't you buy it used for less?

>gigabyte vega56
a card so notoriously bad they dropped the price by half just to sell it.
I also heard there was a scam by garbagebyte of straight up reselling used cards from RMAs as new(no evidence)

Because I like warranty and I'm not poor.

>I'm not poor.
But you only buy a 200GBP card for your only 1080p display?

nobody cares about a sharpener

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_23_2019 11_28_42 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.62M)

Getting 1440p performance with nearly 4k visuals on a hardware level in any DX9-12 or Vulkan game is a pretty big deal.

More so for consoles and mobile devices where actual hardware performance is more limited, but games can still look good despite the lower performance or energy use.

>nearly 4k visuals
lol cope

Obviously it won't be as good as native 4k, but it's better than checkerboard rendering on the PS4 Pro for example.

Just to preface it: I hate the Jews in power because they are literally evil, mass immigration/multiculturalism/anti-racist is code for white genocide, and they're doing everything they can to disarm the goyim (so the public can never fight back).

The only reason you think "late stage capitalism" is stupid is because some Jewish astroturfers commandeered the late stage capitalism subreddit to turn it into an anti-white sub (just like the rest of the site). But "late stage capitalism" actually refers to the corporate dictatorship the world is sliding into. Corporations and the wealthy literally have more power than entire countries. That's a fucking problem.

This, also it isn't nearly anywhere as bad as DLSS

Attached: da58e8d9f262f33c8aed4ac1e5d4bb77e65ffc1f77bacbc70bd9d11e83571c06.jpg (1269x406, 189K)

The 5700 XT is mid range

amd is a garbage company and amd users are vermin.

Did mommy not buy the hot pockets you wanted?

AMD probably wants to get rid of their old GCN stock before releasing lower end parts

Why would I need more? Plays everything I need faster cooler and quieter than my old 380.

> Paid $200 for a new 8GB RX580 earlier this year
> Slapped it in my i5 6600k
> Get 60fps+ in every game I play with max settings at 1080p

This card is exactly what I wanted it to be, and I am happy with it.

Darth Maul took on two Jedi at the same time and managed to kill one of them and knock the other one down a pipe (where he almost died) before finally being overpowered.

So your image might not be sending the message you want it to send.

My niggah

I'm running a 570 and it works fucking fine with anything I could possibly want to throw at it. Stop complaining.

>silky smooth cinematic 60 fps
No thank you

It's cool, nobody ever pays attention to star strek lore. All they need to know is megatrans is the bad guy (girl?).

Recently got a Pulse 56 for 210$, my case fans make more noise, bonus for fans only running above 55c