Legit question to GNU/Linux people

Why would i wanna use GNU? I’m dead serious.

Corporations invests litteraly millons of dollars and years of time to make an OS for easy to use, compatible and convenient.

If you don’t like it don’t use it, choose another product. The problem with GNU is it’s not a consumer product. Companies only sell “support” for gnu based os and most of the time this option is limited compared with proprietary products.

Just because today’s technology is all about cloud based that doesn’t mean you have to trust more to some company. You can choose “not” to use your hardware with those solutions. “Telemetry” , “cloud” etc these terms equals “BOTNET” here and I don’t know why.Do you think productivity is bad?

Back to the main point. Why do you hate yourself user? Why don’t you use your hardware with legit software? Why don’t you value your time?

Attached: F0D4C808-A8B5-4F32-B3D4-911EAC8347BC.jpg (980x602, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk
businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4
vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/23/17151916/facebook-cambridge-analytica-trump-diagram
debian.org/ports/
netbsd.org/ports/
gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary-incompatibility.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install Gentoo.

Because the proprietary driver for my R9 270X doesn't work and freeze my whole system. Then I switched to Linux and Mesa werks.

GNU utilities are amazing and if I'd ever go back to Windows I'd use Cygwin just to be able to run them.

>The problem with GNU is it's not a consumer product.

That's the point. Nobody tries selling you stuff in order to use your computer to the extends it is possible (pic related).
Not only that, I (as a person who likes knowing the technology behind what i work with) can find out what everything on my computer does and with that how to modify or even improve it. Even better: If I don't want to do above mentioned, I don't have to at all, so it's my choice how deep I bury into learning about how my os works.

>Just because today's technology is all about cloud based that doesnt mean you have to trust more to some company
look who didn't understand the term cloud

I'm much more efficient working on a gnu/linux system than on windows/mac. I have shortcuts for everything and if I don't have them i can easily create them with tools that are already there. Also, most programs I work with already come with linux or are available via the package manager, hence easier to access than on both windows/mac.

Attached: win10.png (1500x1166, 32K)

>The problem with GNU is it’s not a consumer product. Companies only sell “support” for gnu based os and most of the time this option is limited compared with proprietary products.
What's limited? You wouldn't have access to the internet if it wasn't for Debian, RedHat and various other distros.
>Just because today’s technology is all about cloud based that doesn’t mean you have to trust more to some company.
There's nothing to blindly trust in regards to Linux distros.
>You can choose “not” to use your hardware with those solutions. “Telemetry” , “cloud” etc these terms equals “BOTNET” here and I don’t know why
Here's a nice start for you:
youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk
businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4
vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/23/17151916/facebook-cambridge-analytica-trump-diagram
>Do you think productivity is bad?
No, why would it be? Not that you can't achieve productivity using any radnom distro, you've just been successfully fed the "it just werks" marketing bullshit.
>Why don’t you use your hardware with legit software? Why don’t you value your time?
Fuck off, I'm not giving you or anyone else data when I have the choice not to and there's no way you'll convince me other otherwise. At least not with "arguments" "you" can come up with.

Attached: 1566823979872.png (1309x971, 207K)

You almost reached your daily quota, keep up the good job! Microsoft values your hard work!

Oh, and by the way, here's how productive and great everything in your Microsoft is.

Attached: 1566824086969.png (1300x4704, 1.16M)

> Corporations invests litteraly millons of dollars and years of time to make an OS for easy to use, compatible and convenient.
And yet Linux has superior tools for development, that come out of the box with pretty much all distros. On the other hand if you want to compile some C code on windows you have to install 15GB of visual studio telemetry.

>If you don’t like it don’t use it, choose another product.
There is a severe lack of products that 1. have good performance and 2. actually work on your machine and you have control over them (eg not hosted on a cloud somewhere). Therefore it's a better choice to use a software with less features but better performance.

> The problem with GNU is it’s not a consumer product. Companies only sell “support” for gnu based os and most of the time this option is limited compared with proprietary products.
True, and most of Jow Forums is either not using it as a consumer product but as a part of their toolset or have enought consumer products to satisfy them.

>You can choose “not” to use your hardware with those solutions.
You cannot, as shown by the latest Windows, if you are a non-techie user you do not have choice if it updates on its own, if microsoft installs malware, if it shows you ads, etc etc.

Performance is related to productivity. Not everybody has a top tier PC, and if apps have even a slight performance issue, that also affects productivity.

>Why don’t you value your time?
I use linux exactly because i value my time. Windows 10 is no longer a productive tool, Windows 7 was the last of it's kind.

Why would a corporation make good software if their business model is support?
>inb4 competition
Proprietary software has already lost everywhere where its not easy to fool the consumers and bribe the competition away,

Why would you want to use windows. the same Corporations you mention want to get the same millions out of there investment in said OS. Phones home with your personal data. (read the Microsoft privacy policy)

Secondly Microsoft has Fired its QA staff leaving that to end users. Sorry i am not paying money for a license and than continue to pay in my personal information to be a beta tester.

need proof window 10 is a data collection OS look at the fact that anyone with a windows 7 key or higher gets 10 for free. this was a company that used to make you pay from very minor revisions in windows.

Windows is swirling the drain Microsoft uses azure to make its money now. consumers have move on to Hand held trash the incentive to maintain windows is all but gone other than what they can collect in telemetry info.

eventually governments will decide to start passing stronger consumer privacy laws and Microsoft will say "this is the last version of windows and we are dropping support.

>Why would i wanna use GNU? I’m dead serious.
Free software serves the user, whereas proprietary software serves its owner. GNU/Linux gives you freedom.
>Corporations invests litteraly millons of dollars and years of time to make an OS for easy to use, compatible and convenient.
Well not really, they invest millions in finding out new ways to make more money - which means to take power away from you.
>make an OS for easy to use
Maybe, but I find GNU/Linux Mint easier to use than Windows.
>compatible
They actually make money from making their software incompatible. Is Microsoft Office able to read ODT or Apple's format? What architectures is Windows compatible with? x86 and x86_64, poor support for ARM. OSX is compatible only with Apple devices. Meanwhile GNU/Linux and other free operating systems are compatible with wide set of architectures for example debian.org/ports/ or netbsd.org/ports/ . Free software is compatible by design, because if you have the source code, you can just compile it for your architecture, whereas with proprietary software, you have to beg the developers to make a build for your system.
gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary-incompatibility.html
>The problem with GNU is it’s not a consumer product.
I don't want my system to be a "consumer product". The problem with this approach is that companies don't treat you as a human, but as a bag of money. On free operating systems, software is made mainly by volunteers and it's really impressive that bunch of hippies made usable software in their basement, sometimes GNU/Linux distributions seem to be more professional to me than for example Windows.
>Companies only sell “support” for gnu based os and most of the time this option is limited compared with proprietary products.
That's because selling free software is pointless - you can't forbid people copying and reselling it. Instead you can spend your money not on a license, but support.
To be finished

There's no such a "product" on the Earth, I would like to use. I'll keep using GNU/Linux because it gives me freedom.
>Just because today’s technology is all about cloud based that doesn’t mean you have to trust more to some company.
There's no cloud, there are just someones computers.
>Why do you hate yourself user?
I do not.
>Why don’t you use your hardware with legit software?
I'm using GNU/Linux.
I value my time, so I use GNU/Linux, because using it is less painful, than fixing Microsoft's shit.

Ok but really, reasons why I use GNU/Linux:
- it gives me freedom to use whatever software I want, everything for gratis
- it uses less resources than proprietary systems
- it is easier to fix and understand thanks to its open nature
- it follows my orders, not someones else
- I control my privacy and security
- I'm not a victim of someones business

The style of your post was a bit strange, idk what exactly, but strange...

>Corporations invests litteraly millons of dollars and years of time to make an OS for easy to use, compatible and convenient.
Corporations invest $$$ and years of time to make product which will return them even more $$$$, end of discussion. Note that I do not mean it in inherently bad way. It's simply the way business works - invest money to return money. If making OS that has exclusively green icons would give better profits, that would be what corporations do.

On the other hand, GNU software does not pursue profits, or at least doesn't put them as main goal. This allows such soft to evolve in different ways, since metric it uses is not money, but something else. Effectiveness, size, "productivity", whatever.

>Why would i wanna use GNU? I’m dead serious.
Because it's great!
Yes, and in the process they hire literal retards and outsource jobs from capable programmers to Pajeets. The current MacOS is a piece of shit and windows has never been worse.
>If you don’t like it don’t use it, choose another product. The problem with GNU is it’s not a consumer product. Companies only sell “support” for gnu based os and most of the time this option is limited compared with proprietary products.
>Back to the main point. Why do you hate yourself user? Why don’t you use your hardware with legit software? Why don’t you value your time?
Time not spent learning is time wasted.
Thank the Lord Linux is retard proof. All the support forums just prove it.
You're a faggot, OP

Attached: thatsnotanargument3737029.png (500x365, 73K)

>You can choose “not” to use your hardware with those solutions.

He thinks that turning things like Telemetry off actually does anything

Attached: tomfoolery.png (600x600, 150K)

Id rather have win10 than the latest ubuntu but trying out different obscure distros is a lot of fun and a great way to learn.

>I’m dead serious.
>I’m dead
Braindead, that is. Have a nice day.

I don't know if OP is a glownigger or just a retard.

Why do you hate having freedom? The goal of GNU is to create an operating system that gives you the freedom to use for any purpose. Whatever proprietary OS it is you're shilling OP, read the EULA and see how it's overreaching shit designed to take away your rights.

To subvert you and to spy on you
I am a developer and I need to make apps for iOS devices, will Apple let me do it on my GNU/Linux machine? Google does with Android
>You can choose “not” to use your hardware with those solutions. “Telemetry” , “cloud” etc these terms equals “BOTNET” here and I don’t know why.
False association friendo

>Why do you hate yourself user?
I love myslef and I respect myself, and I especially respect my privacy

>Why don’t you use your hardware with legit software?
I do, have you ever looked at software support for devs? GNU/Linux is on top with maybe Mac, Windows is nowhere near there
Also pic related

I do, and using the most priority software is violation of something more important,
You can't value your time, and not respect yourself and your privacy

Attached: Khara_Blender.png (1366x768, 142K)

>Attempts to "not an argument" arguments that make him seethe
>Proceeds to rebut without arguments

Attached: DLON7AbX0AAEy7g.jpg (960x882, 77K)

>good enough to be sold
It makes the difference. Foss programms may take longer to be made but the difference is clear