>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>i7 9700K - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700/2700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>2070s - Turing scales better than Navi at 4K
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>Navi AIB models have low availability. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.
>consider 2070 Super in lieu of 5700XT custom card availability, but don't over pay

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>M.2 is a form factor, not a protocol
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware posts spamming benches of averages, without 1% minimums
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more
previous

Attached: 7-8.jpg (800x600, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quietpc.com/xbox-lianli-case
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/r7L4Ft
pcpartpicker.com/list/n984Ft
amazon.com/Corsair-2x16GB-3200MHz-Memory-CMK32GX4M2B3200C16/dp/B016ORTNI2/
tomshardware.com/news/globalfoundries-files-patent-lawsuits-tsmc,40240.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/V6FKP3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this image better not be shooped

what's the best midi airflow case for around 100€?

what about the mc500, is that good?

THREADRIPPER WHEN

>faggot keeps trying to put inteltrash in the op
lmao cringe

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

it isn't... I actually have one. It's even more X-Box hueg than the original though
quietpc.com/xbox-lianli-case

whats the best program to monitor my shit, im talking cpu temp gpu temp fps ect?

Whats the best game to test my monitors FPS? (120HZ ultrawide)

>implying good Intel boards are cheaper or nearly as good
Leave it to an intcel to settle for trash.

Whichever one you need more

They scratch easy. That's it.

There are no 2k monitors.

xbox had a big modding scene

stutters = overkill

3600x if that helps

Hardware Monitor or HWinfo
go eat some aids

>Whats the best game to test my monitors FPS?
Any game with quick movements, preferably 1st person perspective.

Phanteks Luxe II launches August 30th in the US for anyone who is waiting on that.

>There are no 2k monitors.
No one cares about DCI specifications.

The marketers and search algorithms on newegg and similar tech sites use the term "2k".

Of course the average consumer is gonna use "2k" as well since it's thrown around all over.

Is it ACTUALLY 2k according to the DCI definition? No.

But that doesn't really matter when 75% of people are calling 1440p 2k.

Attached: 2019-08-26 09_02_51.png (235x128, 3K)

Reposting from the old thread

Attached: 1561804987727.jpg (640x480, 124K)

Rate my build plz. All advice/criticism is welcome.
I'll use it for vidya, also some video editing once in a blue moon.
I'm trying to make it on the quieter side, hence the case and overkill CPU cooler (i want it to not spin at 1000 RPM for 99% of the time, also I heard that even the 3600's turbo can be very impressive if cooling is sufficient).
I know that 3000-3200 MHz Micron E-die is the cost-efficient recommendation here, but this 3600CL18 is literally as cheap as 3200CL16 TridentZ, so I figure it's a good deal.
I'll add a 5700XT Red Devil when it's available here, until then maybe transplant my old RX 470.
I can get a Crucial MX500 for the same price as the SU800, any reason I should swap?
My biggest doubt concerns the mobo. Is there any difference regarding performance that'd make me regret using a Tomahawk Max? I can get ASUS Prime X570-P for 140% of the Tomahawk's price. Or maybe go higher, to x570 TUF Gaming?

pcpartpicker doesn't have Poland as an option, so I'm using shopping cart in picrel as my list

Attached: Screenshot_25.png (598x499, 55K)

Looking for 32gb of memory for a R9 3900x. Is there any advantage to 3600MHz/CL18 over 3200Mhz/CL16? And any difference between going 2x16GB or 4x8GB?

>any difference between going 2x16GB or 4x8GB
Sure, 2x16GB will actually be capable of high speed and low latency.

4x8GB wont.

2x16GB is easier on your memory controller, and will allow for a larger memory OC headroom, and greater stability.

4x8GB stresses the memory controller due to using the extra channel, if you're running lower speed, lower latency, it'll still be stable, but it's only really worthwhile if you're maxing out your RAM, like doing 4x16GB or 4x32GB for maximum RAM capacity, without worrying as much about the speed and latency.

higher frequency >>> cl speed

the case gets too hot

repost the link.
But you should be able to get 2600+board+RAM+5700 for 600 euro.

Good build except I'd get 3200CL16 and overclock it manually. That RAM is overpriced, costing as much as the 1TB SSD does.
R6 is an oversized case as well. You could get something at least 30% smaller.
>My biggest doubt concerns the mobo. Is there any difference regarding performance that'd make me regret using a Tomahawk Max?
Pretty sure the perf difference between boards is at most like 1.5% between the best and worst. Negligible compared ot the performance you get from overclocking memory.

Difference is significant, but you can OC literally any 3200CL16 kit to 3600CL18 or better yourself on Zen2.

ryzen master afaik. I think hwinfo and I'm sure that system information viewer got updated recently, too.

Is custom loop the only good X399 cooling solution? Air coolers can't cool full load at 400W+ and the only AIO with full die and full fin coverage (Enermax Liqtech TR4 and the second gen RGB one) has quality control issues.

If I launch something that turns the heater on, I can pop off the front plate and improve the airflow dramatically (at least tech jesus's test shows that).

I'm thinking that until I start playing with games that really stress my system, the closed case should do fine while remaining really quiet.

9700k is a no brainer when 3700x/3900x are a glorified 3600 in gaming.

its not the only solution, but it's the only "good" solution.
get a 480mm copper rad or two and you can have full silence for both threadripper and 1-3 gpus. otherwise you will either face throttling or some noise. it's not that bad though. if you're interested I can get you started but beware, clc is expensive and difficult.

>Good build except I'd get 3200CL16 and overclock it manually. That RAM is overpriced, costing as much as the 1TB SSD does.
>R6 is an oversized case as well. You could get something at least 30% smaller.
>Pretty sure the perf difference between boards is at most like 1.5% between the best and worst. Negligible compared ot the performance you get from overclocking memory.

Thanks, user. I don't know what significance the case size has though?

SHUP UP INCEL
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
BUY AMD

Smaller cases are cheaper. I'd also look at the be cool series. Same thermal issues but even their base model is quieter. The fractal looks better though.

How safe is memory overclocking? I've never overclocked anything before.

You're putting additional stress on the integrated memory controller which can kill the chip prematurely.

>repost the link.
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/r7L4Ft
>But you should be able to get 2600+board+RAM+5700 for 600 euro.
Yeah but would I get a signifcant perfomance boost by spending a little bit more?

Yes and no. You're already near the best value you can get and any gains are going to come from spending a lot more or waiting for prices to change. It also depends on your target resolution and frame rate.

Alright you guys gave me shit yesterday about the mobo/CPU but now it "may need a BIOS update"
Plus the AMD sockets are changing next year.
All I want is no RGB and a build for emulation, budget is flexible.
pcpartpicker.com/list/n984Ft

insider here. this fall, late october currently planned. it's a new socket unfortunately. motherboards should be announced in october. they are going to cost a lot.

Is that you, David?

Huh? There are air coolers for TR4. They work fine.

Smaller cases use less room. Can fit on your desk where the i/o is easier to access. There is no benefit to a larger case other than that 140mm/200mm fans *can* be more quiet but in practice aren't always.

>Yeah but would I get a signifcant perfomance boost by spending a little bit more?
For 1080p or 1440p?

yes you'd need a local shop to update BIOS, or get bootkit from AMD, or you RMA the board, or you buy a board that already has the BIOS for ryzen 3000 CPUs.
>for emulation
If you're doing RPCS3, a 3700X is better.
And the SU800 is a better SSD than that garbage.

>Epyc 7nm uses the same socket
>TR4 does not
Hmmm sure.

>All I want is no RGB
You do realize that one of the benefits of RGB is that if you don't want it you can simply turn it off, right?

I'm just a shitty nobody. I want to post more but I don't want to actually risk my job.

I'd rather have something without it to begin with, funny how the non RGB is usually more expensive. Most times the workaround to turn the RGB off is shady as.

>There are air coolers for TR4. They work fine.
Under 250W TDP? Barely. None are rated for 400W+.

>Most times the workaround to turn the RGB off is shady as
Yeah, as shady as turning a setting off in your BIOS if your motherboard has it. Or a graphics card utility from the manufacturer if your graphics card has it.

Fans and coolers sure, but basing your motherboard/graphics card decisions on whether or not it has RGB is nothing short of retarded.

Point taken. Regardless, they are fucking expensive.

They are generally 250W TDP, yes.
Thermalright Silver Arrow TR4 is 320W TDP which is plenty.
Why do you need 400+W cooling TDP?

another week without 3900x on stock

even epyc is only taking like 225w

It'll be in stock just in time when 3950x releases

fuck this gay earth

>when 3950x releases
>3950x releases
LOL

>specific monitor recommendations are never included in the copypasta
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1537360652089.gif (680x340, 1.35M)

What's the best Z390 motherboard?

No budget limit, I'm retired and not hurting for cash.

Famboy hardware warring /v/edditors need not reply, go hang yourself you third world protohumans.

>retired

Fucking boomers

I'm 26, sorry to burst your bubble.

Not everyone who retires is old.

If you're rich why don't you just buy a prebuilt?

its a larp

what he meant to say is he's neet lmao

They change, and europoors and auscestuals are cucked.
I thought about it, but thought it'd be too limited and biased.

>both M2 slots connected via PCIe 3.0
>more USB ports
>a little bit better VRMs
>USB 3.1 header
>but worse BIOS
Is it worth to get for an 3700X the Crosshair VII over the X370 Taichi for 70€ more?

I used to own a HP Prebuilt, but the PSU went nuclear, I don't trust them anymore.

Also, is this RAM good, it's the first thing I looked at on amazon.

amazon.com/Corsair-2x16GB-3200MHz-Memory-CMK32GX4M2B3200C16/dp/B016ORTNI2/

Absolutely need 400W cooling. This is under very mild OC (1.25V, 4.0GHz) and real load (not Cinebench/P95 shit). At max OC (1.375V, 4.2GHz) the power goes up to 550W. With inadequate cooling you definitely hit the thermal limit sooner than the limit of the chip's OC capability

Attached: Untitled.png (700x779, 75K)

Evening 5700xt Pulse report. Played Metro Exodus for 3 hours, can't hear card at all, absolutely stable 60 at 1440p on Ultra.

Oh you have a 2990WX already.
Yeah there are AIOs but I'd really do custom loop if you're overclocking a 32 core.

you're making me want to do custom loop again but I remember how much fucking work it is

What's your CPU?

>absolutely stable 60 at 1440p on Ultra.
Post your frametime graph as rpoof then.
I have seen retards claim stable 60 for years and often enough the fps dips to 30 and below but they are just so brain damaged that they don't notice.

Time to invest in a 1440p 144Hz monitor.

to be fair I didn't test open world parts, so who knows, the point was to play new DLC and test GPU loudness
already got one.

Attached: 756745747485684.jpg (1280x1201, 280K)

tomshardware.com/news/globalfoundries-files-patent-lawsuits-tsmc,40240.html

stupid question though, hwinfo says it's 16GT/s. is it? can GPU talk to CPU without supported PCIE 4.0 by motherboard?

>Seeks to Ban Imports of Nvidia, Apple Chips
do judges usually stop all business while process is going on? that would be hilarious.

kek

how the fuck are the kingston a2000 and the corsair mp510 so fucking cheap? they're not even qlc

some autist judge might try that but in reality nah, the law is subservient to big business
if tsmc was small time then maybe that would happen, but the money involved in tsmc is bigger than most countries

Someone tweet this to Trump so he can sanction TSMC

>slower
lolno, you're effectively doubling your ranks
>stresses the memory controller
Non-issue with E-die.
t. 4x8GB 3733CL14

isn't it bad for everybody but samsung?

Would 650w PSU be enough for this? pcpartpicker.com/list/V6FKP3
Or should i go for 750w? I may get a 650w one from a friend for free, so i would rather use that if i can.

650w is enough but be sure it is at least bronze and no older than 5 years.

>tfw waiting for big navi

Attached: mypc.png (639x577, 56K)

When red devil chan restock in Canada, my parts are slowly coming in, will have them all by Friday, including the placeholder reference xt I bought so I could refund it after I manage to grab a red devil. The only reason I got a tempered side panel is so I can see the devilish rgb, I have no other light sources to work with and I dont want to buy them atm.

Thanks
It's gold, hes not sure about the age. I will try living with it for now.

how problematic are the drivers for 5700?
be honest with me, i couldnt care less about fanboy bullshit, all i want is some gpu for my 1440p PC that i mostly use for work anyway. im thinking if i should wait for 5700 or just buy 2060S now.

Buy RTX

Fuck off leather man

>want to buy 2tb seagate
>see more DOA and failure reviews than positive ones
what 2tb hdd would you recommend?
already have ssd btw just need more storage for files and videos.

h-help pls frens

serious question lads, i'm about to buy an ssd. fuck qlc so i was going to buy a 1tb 860 evo for 120 bucks then i saw those two tlc nvme fuckers for less than 160 bucks, so what's the catch?

Probably none - get a 3.5" external 8-10TB WD/Seagate drive for like $160 and shuck it.

buy 2tb ssd

spent day with it, tried BGE works, KOTOR(works, frame buffer doesn't work), tw1( same as on 1070), metro exodus works pretty well. Launched classic client works in menus, but that thing works on anything. Want to try Odyssey but too big of download.
after clean DDU didn't have a green screen tech jesus pissed his pants about
RIS is pretty great driver feature for older games, not as noticeable in new they already got sharp textures
Anti-lag didn't test yet, will do on WoW tomorrow.

controllers. they got cheap controllers so they do not perform as well, longevity is also questionable, but they also lose in price since nobody buying them

>week 2
>manufacturers are still lying about 5700 XT stock
lol

I got 5700xt Pulse cheaper than 2060S FE today. not kidding.

ah, i can see that you really can't expect serious replies here.

That was a serious reply. Don't bother with the 2TB drives, it's not power efficient to hoard on these.

HGST(are they toshiba now?), WD

HGST/Hitachi is part of WD now iirc

probably not

ok makes sense, thanks. longevity aside, do you think they're still an upgrade over sata ssds?

>buy 2x8gb ram kit on amazon
>only 1 stick in the package
>my return request might be denied because I returned $800 worth of stuff 2 months ago and amazon hates fags like me
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

do you mean HDDs? or SSD too

HDD, as asked. 8-10TB SSD aren't something terribly affordable or something that you'd shuck from external drives.