/p2p/ - Decentralization General

The best candidate to replace all your web experiences with a normie friendly P2P alternative is at the moment ZeroNet.

>Why ZN?

We believe in open, free, and uncensored network and communication.
No single point of failure: Site remains online so long as at least 1 peer is serving it.
No hosting costs: Sites are served by visitors.
Impossible to shut down: It's nowhere because it's everywhere.
Fast and works offline: You can access the site even if Internet is unavailable.

>Features

Real-time updated sites
Namecoin .bit domains support
Easy to setup: unpack & run
Clone websites in one click
Password-less BIP32 based authorization: Your account is protected by the same cryptography as your Bitcoin wallet
Built-in SQL server with P2P data synchronization: Allows easier site development and faster page load times
Anonymity: Full Tor ntwrk support with .onion hidden services instead of IPv4 addresses
TLS encrypted connections
Automatic uPnP port opening
Plugin for multiuser (openproxy) supprt
Works with any browser

>How does it work?

When you visit a new zeronet site, it tries to find peers using the BitTorrent network so it can download the site files (html, css, js...) from them.
Each visited site is also served by you.
Every site contains a content.json file which holds all other files in a sha512 hash and a signature generated using the site's private key.
If the site owner (who has the private key for the site address) modifies the site, then he/she signs the new content.json and publishes it to the peers. Afterwards, the peers verify the content.json integrity (using the signature), they download the modified files and publish the new content to other peers.

ZeroNet - zeronet.io/

>Related technologies:

IPFS - ipfs.io/
Freenet - freenetproject.org/
Beaker Browser - beakerbrowser.com/
GNUnet - gnunet.org/en/
libp2p - libp2p.io/

>Anonymization:

i2p - geti2p.net/en/
Tor - torproject.org/

Attached: 1566756580530.png (1200x1240, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/Deploy_Meshnet_Node
mix-acuity.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fact this planar graph isn't properly embedded triggers my OCD.

Jow Forums is normie now. all Jow Forums cares about is retarded battle stations and mechanical keyboards. Absolute braindead website.

>one dude posts cp
>now everybody has cp on his computer
literally go kill yourself with your retarded p2p bullshit fucking retard

this. Fuck this honeypot. OP is a glowinthedark

Reminder to join Jow Forumsternet

Yikes.

I noticed, still, don't give up.
As soon as a P2P experience gets big/good enough it will all snowball from there.

FUD

Where can i download the executable and immediately start browsing dynamic websites with a network of thousands of peers?

> Fast and works offline: You can access the site even if Internet is unavailable

Attached: innernette.jpg (480x360, 20K)

that happens on Jow Forums too, you brain dead nigger. p2p web is just a way to kill the corrupt DNS structure. god what a fucking retarded nigger argument. So fucking unbelievably stupid. You know there is moderation on zeronet right? There are admins that can moderate a site? What is the difference then?

It hurts me how fucking retarded and ignorant you are.

Stop shilling your honeypot, fucking faggot. Enjoy your ban for ban evading again, nigger.

Here is the guide for joining a node and being in Jow Forums's intranet.
mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/Deploy_Meshnet_Node
Probably get your friends, family, and neighbors in it too. Just create bridges with wires, radio transmitter, and receivers. This is so more people can join in.
There used to be a map, but now the account is frozen. If anyone is willing to help resurrect it on their personal server, then feel free to do so. Use openstreetmaps and add locations for where nodes are able to join.

Calm down Spielman

Attached: 1512448958612.png (951x451, 133K)

I asked "Where can i download the executable and immediately start browsing dynamic websites with a network of thousands of peers?"
You replied with "Probably get your friends, family, and neighbors in it too. Just create bridges with wires, radio transmitter, and receivers."
I hope you are able to see that your didn't provide for what i asked and realize that your "solution" doesn't replace what ZeroNet (or the other technologies posted on OP) do.

Yes, you can access things that you downloaded, is that hard to understand for you?

god you are so fucking retarded. I hope nobody is stupid enough to fall for this shit

FUD

FUD

>I asked "Where can i download the executable and immediately start browsing dynamic websites with a network of thousands of peers?"
>You replied with "Probably get your friends, family, and neighbors in it too. Just create bridges with wires, radio transmitter, and receivers."
>I hope you are able to see that your didn't provide for what i asked and realize that your "solution" doesn't replace what ZeroNet (or the other technologies posted on OP) do.
This a intranet, you imbecile. It does not rely on the internet, unlike zeronet. It is not for avoiding censorship, rather avoiding tracking and being anonymous.

Something else i found that sounds interesting mix-acuity.com/

>p2p
>anonymous
you are insane dude fucking kys aahhaha

Thanks for agreeing with me that your "solution" is completely useless to a regular user.

>FUD

Attached: 5.jpg (1775x793, 122K)

you state this as if there are any non-normie infested alternatives

which there aren't

Its inevitable unless you do invite-only boards, did 8ch had that feature?
I remember /b/ was pretty comfy for the lulz but when it turned into le 9gag imageboard.

But then*

Nice ad hominem
True, but Jow Forumsternet encrypts your address, and can be anonymous incidentally.

Thats not what ad hominem means.

oh shit you're right I just read it again.
Still a bad argument though.

>Still a bad argument though.
Its not, comparing a solution like ZeroNet to what you posted is like comparing a modern smartphone to amateur radio.

They are for two different purposes though. The zeronet is to stop censorship, while Jow Forumsternet is to fix the flaws of the internet. Jow Forumsternet is not a competitor of a alternative of zeronet, it is its own thing.

Jow Forumsthernet is actually a good idea. This shit is just retarded hang yourself op

I take it back you guys are both retarded

Honestly sick of these zeronet shills.
ZERONET HAS NO SECURITY.
USE FREENET INSTEAD
USE I2P
DON'T USE ZERONET

you can use zeronet over TOR though, right?
I2P does seem good, should shill that or smth

Stupidity at its best.

FUD
i2p is an anonymization tool, it could be used WITH ZeroNet but it can't replace it.

Honestly sick of these bittorrent shills.
BITTORRENT HAS NO SECURITY.
USE FREENET INSTEAD
USE I2P
DON'T USE BITTORRENT

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

I see, zeronet is just the decentralisation. and I2P is just the anonymisation, makes sense.
yeah, bittorrent isn't great, it's insecure and allows ghostleeching for example. but it works basically fine. most protocols are pretty shit, but they exist for historical reasons
right now there are competing protocols and we don't want to be stuck with something completely shit once one of them reaches critical mass.

>yeah, bittorrent isn't great, it's insecure and allows ghostleeching for example. but it works basically fine. most protocols are pretty shit, but they exist for historical reasons
>right now there are competing protocols and we don't want to be stuck with something completely shit once one of them reaches critical mass.
Thats the point, i was mocking that retard because ZeroNet is basically a bittorent browser.

And yes, ZN comes with Tor by default.

Attached: file.png (466x180, 13K)

right, I guess it is. I don't know enough about protocols to know if "x over y" is secure or what, so I can't really make a judgement
I thought you were just exaggerating to mock them but the fact it used bittorrent wasn't in the forefront of my mind
that's good, nice

Hmmm... It seems like you cannot grasp the ideas of both projects. Jow Forumsternet is good as a alternative to the internet, and zeronet is good for preventing censorship.

retards can't fathom having multiple options for specialized requirements... it's either "internet" or "no internet" for them, lmao

>zeronet
literal garbage.

>hurr let's just smash together some basic signing, and bittorrent together in a package and call it revolutionary
Can do the same thing with IPFS, plus infinite more things.

Indeed.

Meanwhile in reality, the less fancy Zeronet works okay with actual content and users. IPFS doesn't.

>Can do the same thing with IPFS
Please link me the executable i can open and instantly browse a decentralized web with thousands of peers and hundreds of already working dynamic websites just like ZeroNet.

2 honeypots lead by literal brainlets.

FUD