Programming Languages Thread

What programming languages is Jow Forums capable of?

What programming language are you going to learn next?

>C/C++/Java/Python (kek)/Haskell/some other languages
>Can't decide between Rust and Go as next language.

Attached: file.png (1000x668, 683K)

I write perfect code in C and C++ (I know almost every feature, design patterns, idioms and the most idiomatic ways of doing things, I don't need to google stuff).

I can also write average code in Go, Java and Python.

I also have some experience with assembly (I've created my own architecture in VHDL and I've also reverse engineered a simple user-space closed-source driver).

I want to improve my skills in the languages that I'm average, and also learn C# since there's a lot of jobs for C# developers. Maybe I'll also learn Rust, since there are a lot of jobs.

I don't care about meme languages without a lot of job offers (like Rust). I code to earn money.

Maybe I'll also learn Ruby*

A bit of C and C++. Learned Ada recently for a few projects. Next I plan to learn VHDL for some other project I have in mind.

..and I am not real.

Are c++ software gigs well compensated compared to like the ML/AI and fintech stuff on Python?

Dunno, I dont work with ML.

Never seen so much trash talk in a single post

>What programming languages is Jow Forums capable of?
Rust, C++, Java, JS, TS, SQL, Lua, Bash, C#, GLSL, PHP and many niche ones
>What programming language are you going to learn next?
Whatever seems interesting.

Python,C#,Rust masterrace

Rust worth it?

Depends on what you do. If you use C++ and/or is interested in systems programming it is totally worth it. Even if you won't use it at work and home, it still can give you valuable insights on what modern C++ is trying to be and how to write program in a way that guarantees safety.

Just because I dont care about rust? kek

>I dont care about rust?
>Maybe I'll also learn Rust, since there are a lot of jobs.

It was a typo I guess he meant Ruby (see next post)

C and C# is pretty much what I use on a daily basis. If I'd learn a new one it'd be rust, probably.

Lua, z80 ASM, 6502ASM(NES), PHP, qbasic is a few i've done stuff with, wouldn't touch sepples even if my life depends on it

My favorite languages are these in no particular order:

Python, Erlang, Elixir, Clojure, Racket, Scheme, Kotlin, Lisp, OCaml, Scala

I'm currently learning Rust

Disclaimer: I am a straight male and my genitals have never been mutilated

I've writing python exclusively since 2016 or so. I have no need for other languages. I'd like to become proficient in some other more """serious""" language like Go or Rust, but dunno.

Primarily JS, because you know, jobs, both front and back end.
Secondarily Ruby, because it's fun to use and it's just like..Fuck man, everything "just works" with 0 effort, however you like it.

Elixir because I like FP and ruby and therefore it's a logical choice, but it's a waste of time - don't bother unless you're already hired and your company needs an incredibly specific solution for concurrency at immense scale.

>C/C++/Java/GLSL/PHP
i dunno what i'll learn next since these are honestly all i need to do the things i do, if i'm doing js or something i just google my way through whatever js-specific stuff i run into and that usually works, without me having to fully learn it. same with python and shit

JS and Python and SQL.

Looking to learn a new one. Can't decide between F#, Rust or Golang. What does Jow Forums recommend?

Golang is good for blockchains and web apps.
Rust seems to be good for IOT.
F# seems like a black horse. Still looking into it.

What does Jow Forums recommend?

Learn c++. Is fun. But yeah if you can accomplish what you need in Python I don't see a need for anything else. If you need performance, c++.

When I made my CV for my first job I listed almost 10 different languages I knew.
Nowadays I put 2, sometimes 3 depending on the employer.
Collecting languages the way people collect mech keyboards is so cringe, they're a tool, you don't need 10 hammers, one is enough, 2 or 3 could be useful if you hammer a lot of different shit but at that point you're already all around a pretty average hammer-guy.

Stop! Hammer time!

and also you are all just my imagination

From most versed:
Usual html5, css3
JavaScript
PHP
Mysql
Python
Java

No, because you claimed that you are able to write perfect C/C++.