Are they chink recon devices like Huawei or can I safely own one?

Are they chink recon devices like Huawei or can I safely own one?

Attached: 9a54d3272a85435f8aa767452b6cf0fe.png (1975x1975, 24K)

just don't use their default apps and you'll be fine

Ya just ignore the spyware hardcoded into the phone too

I think you already know the answer.

Attached: 1536435478052.jpg (286x327, 17K)

They got great custom rom support
also this, if you do stick with MiUI don't use any Mi apps

>spyware hardcoded into the phone
where are the proofs?

Log your DNS requests and networking in general. Even Samsung connects to hundreds of domains each week.

lol wtf is that nerd shit

don't buy.

>wants proof
>can't understand it
Kill yourself, sheep.

Attached: screenshot.png (383x42, 2K)

tbqh it's a choice between burgers spying on you or chinks spying on you

i'd prefer the chinks personally

This brand is NOT for the 'just werks' kind of people. It's cheap but at the expense of having to put up with shitty software or the annoyances of unlocking the bootloader and flashing LineageOS which is buggy until the official image is released which takes time. And yes, MIUI probably phones home.

If you want a secondary meme phone, get like a pocophone or a 9T and put it aside or fuck around with it until official Lineage is out, then you'll suddenly have a good phone, but I wouldn't use it as a daily driver or expect a hassle-free experience. If you're after a bargain, a discounted older flagship is better.

You can choose not to be spied with LineageOS, or Pine Phone/Librem Phone once they come out.

I'm aware, but if you're a retard normie that stays with stock then you might as well buy a chinkphone

Just don't use MIUI then? You can root all Xiaomi phones, and most of them have plenty of open source support. There's a LineageOS version for all of the recent ones.

I'm just waiting for a official LineageOS release for any of the Xiaomi Snapdildo 855 phones, or any cheap SD855 for that matter.

How do you root a Xiaomi phone without needed to sign up and as their consent for the bootloader?

They are the budget kings without a doubt, but at the end of the day they are chinese.
The phones are great value, but imo its basically required to root and flash custom pajeet roms until you find something you like. I have given MiUI several tries, but its just shit.

tl;dr you get what you pay for, every smartphone is a botnet

I own a Xiaomi phone (flashed with LineageOS) and a Xiaomi Mi Box (default android). Neither seems to call home according to my logs. I've heard that Xiaomi phones like to call home when on their default MIUI Rom.

>Xiaomi phones like to call home when on their default MIUI Rom.
My gf has one and it made a couple of hundred telemetry requests in a month on several domains.

If it's rooted, it's easy enough to block those via AdAway. LineageOS is definitely the way to go though. As another user already said, Samsung calls home too, might as well get chinked.

Samsung comes with an unlocked bootloader. With Xiaomi you have to make a fucking account and beg them to open it. I'd rather not buy malware.

Isn't there a way around that?

>With Xiaomi you have to make a fucking account and beg them to open it
Making an account =/= malware
Sending one email =/= begging
Are you unable to afford your meds or did you come off of them voluntarily?

>Making an account =/= malware
The whole OS is malware.

Fuck MIUI, Android One is so much better. Be sure your Xiaomi comes with Android One

That is why you are unlocking the bootloader to install LineageOS. Why are you having such difficulty following the conversation?

>PajeetOS
No thanks

That's why I'm not buying the device. I'm not going to fund malware. I'd rather overpay for Librem 5 or buy the shitty Pine Phone when it comes out. Why are you having such difficulty following the conversation?

>inb4 i was just pretending

>id rather be stabbed than shot
Neither is acceptable.

>am i safe from the chinks?
>posted on North Korean Orthodox Christian Basket Weaving Forum

we gonna get rogered

>That's why I'm not buying the device.
>I'm not going to fund malware
You are buying the device to put LineageOS on it. That's three times I've said it now. Follow?

Honestly why the fuck do you people care what chinks do with your data. All you do is watch weeb shit

Delusions of grandeur mostly.