Why do people use gnome in the year of our lord 2019?

why do people use gnome in the year of our lord 2019?

Attached: 2019-08-26-140206_755x360_scrot.png (755x360, 337K)

stop shilling your own videos

Because I don't need to tweak much and like the default focus on keyboard usage.

Looking at the current GNOME desktop is physically painful. Gore is easier to look at.

Because Linux offers it as a choice. In fact, Gnome is the official desktop of Linux, but you can use whatever.

It works and was a default, why not use it?

Gnome looks absolutely stunning, but the default behaviour is just too static. Cinnamon offers a way more sane level of customizability.

Requiring gnome tweaks for basic customization is fucking retarded, and should obviously be integrated.

why is this wolfgangfag being shilled so hard lately?

>Gnome is the official desktop of Linux
Fuck off with your shit shill. There's no official anything with Linux. I don't care what your retarded plaintext page with big blue letters says, Linux IS about choice, and anyone who says otherwise needs to jump in a fucking river and ruin another community.

Attached: 3ff14c1be7fe58cd2cab76d70d74286f65056d0f486447eb2232278290ba47a3.png (440x565, 339K)

Gnome is extremely normie friendly desu

But I’m using KDE.

I plan to go back to the command-line and never go back to a GUI or DE or WM or whatever the fuck they're called.

This x1000.

>Linux IS about choice, and anyone who says otherwise needs to jump in a fucking river and ruin another community.
Pretty much what I said, spazoid.

I dunno. I need every single digit of fps i can get and gnome just takes too much. It really shows that they force the compositor into the pipeline without a way to use plain x. Their invented function named "unredirect windows" does literally nothing to help. Every other DE, not based on mutter/gnome-shell, is smoother and has no fps troubles. They even managed to make the mouse coursor in wayland stutter for fucks sake. How braindead can you be to not make sure mouse rendering is separate from the shell? KDE is the best in that regard, eyecandy out the ass and it automatically switches to plain x for games. Even sway is better.

Because it came pre-installed with Ubuntu.
Can't say I'm blown away, but a DE is a DE, and I'll learn to work with it. If I wanted to spend the time I'd probably install something lighter.

If he is, he sucks at it. I searched for 'the most hated de' and 'the most hated de gnome' but the video didn't come up.

What you said was very contradicting then retard.

Install KDE, they throw a window manager in for free.
It's called kwin (pronounced Quinn)

Attached: 1518206971445.png (355x143, 13K)

>There's no official anything with Linux.
I'd think the kernel is pretty much a one choice deal.

Hated gnome
Used PopOS
Kinda don't hate gnome anymore.

Attached: os-logo-b44ed4fc34_640.png (640x450, 25K)

>yet another ubuntu fork
At least shill some distributions that are interesting and do things differently, like Guix or NixOS.

have sex, incel

I use CentOS with Gnome because it has a great default configuration on it, but it's fucking unusable on Debian and Fedora where it comes shipped raw with entirely retarded settings.

Gnome devs have this top-down, authoritarian philosophy where anything that doesn't fit in with their sub-60 IQ vision of what the Linux desktop should be is made intentionally made difficult to modify. Simple shit like desktop icons, a taskbar, or motherfucking minimize and maximize buttons on windows apparently violate this "vision".

Attached: Gnome-Desktop-CentOS-7.png (1276x770, 229K)

You can choose Windows or macOS if you want.

>Gnome is extremely normie friendly desu

No

This is why I hate Gnome it's devs and GTK. That and how they manage to deliver a slower and bloated DE than current KDE. Funny enough, KDE fixed their instability and now it's even lighter than Gnome. It's like we are in a bizzaro timeline.

>I'd think the kernel is pretty much a one choice deal.

Attached: config.png (729x407, 45K)

Polished and good.
There's nothing wrong with it really. It does everything I need and looks nice too.
I use Window Maker sometimes though

Linux is a kernel, how can it be about choice? Or have a desktop?

And the official desktop of GNU is GWorkspace.app

I have a soft spot for it, in fact it's my favorite DE. I use dwm but I think gnome is a pretty great desktop environment. Kshills need to calm down

People finally realized how much of an obnoxious sperg the bald man is and began to look for other, less reddit-tier content.

>why do people use gnome in the year of our lord 2019?
Brainwashing and the desire to be different. GNOME literally doesn't excel in any single aspect or as a whole.

>And the official desktop of GNU is GWorkspace.app
It's rally funny that you say that, because I am a WindowMaker user.

I also forgot to say, stop fucking shilling your shit on here

Gnome offers okay-ish defaults while not giving much room for configuration. Therefore it makes sense as a default DE, becaude the people who want to customize their shit won't really be bothered by installing a different DE, while Gnome is great for people who just want to use the defaults and not use time on changing anything.
Gnome is right for some people and shit for others.

Luke died so now everyone has to make do with his old boytoy

i don't know the devs are cunts
how are they a thing

Why does he look old and young at the same time?

shut up nerd. Wolfgang is our guy.