youtube.com/watch?v=zoGl8-Wc-L0
knightos.org/
ti.com/corp/docs/investor_relations/downloads/investor_overview.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it does tricks windows calculator can't

>not buying chink shit
shame on you

It runs doom though.

you're paying for the assurance that it's authorized in standardized testing conditions
beyond that, there's no reason to ever look at a TI calc

Is there literally any fucking reason why this couldn't just be an app on you smartphone?

because then students would cheat you memenigger

LGR explained it pretty well: It's because burgers are retarded and only buy TI.
Also because there is no serious competition or pressure between calculator manufacturers. All of them want those sweet margins and for some reason chinks don't seem to make cheap but functionally equivalent calculators

Special Ge semiconductor technology instead of Si

In the real world any engineer can carry their smartphone with them which has a TI calculator app as well as droid48.

In a way, I'm kind of glad these are still around. They're really fun to fuck around with, and the super limited hardware makes programming on them a challenge. There's so many neat little mods you can do.

Fair enough I guess.

this

I imagine that you are not paying for the hardware there, so your point is fag and sad

In the real world retards use calculators like that, yes. Everyone else with half a braincell has Termux and their favorite programming language. For example, I use Haskell for any calculations necessary. If something requires that I use a calculator instead of my brain, it is complex enough to require Turing completeness.

Or hp prime

>It's because burgers are retarded and only buy TI.
How did you get that conclusion from his video?

Attached: obsessed.png (364x852, 131K)

I picked up one of these at a thrift store for $1 about 2 weeks ago.

>paying for ti to assure you that 1+1 is in fact 2
lol stupid

It's in this video
youtube.com/watch?v=zoGl8-Wc-L0

Casio Classwiz is $15 and based as fuck.

Room-temp IQ reading comprehension.

In my defense I am pretty drunk.

degenerate

Attached: every_boomer.gif (652x562, 287K)

All he says is that they marketed and used their influence to push their calculators on educating bodies. That's not the same as DURR BURGERS ARE DUMB. I hope you understand this.

Same as Apple back in the 80s & 90s. Every school had Apple computers. In North America, at least.

a ti84 is turing complete you fake intellectual

Have you ever actually used TIbasic?

Execept say nigger, not even on the news when describing the story.

is there a way to save information even after clears the ram?

KB of RAM
KB of flash storage
MHz single core CPU
x64 Monochrome display
this is what you call programming efficiency, something you kids know nothing about
>BATTERY LIFE- 6 MONTHS

at least on the newer ones you can archive them which can store a few programs on the anemic

Burgers are fucking dumb because they eat up TI shit and don't realize they're feeding a monopoly, and at that point they don't even bother modding their systems for a proper advantage and bonus capability. None of these burgers even question why the fuck this shit costs $100, or why being able to solve algebra problems will run them an extra $30. I'm hoping a chink company starts encroaching on TI's market share and soon the become the "cheap, functional, and programmable" calculator for the masses.

FUCK TI

Pssst, I got something here for ya kid

knightos.org/

Attached: 1564777622886.jpg (788x699, 54K)

I bought a used ti 83one for 10 euros. Was able to use it on all my tests except for my final exams, so i borrowed a ti 84 from school.

You fucking idiot everyone complains it costs to much but you can't fucking have Little Timmy fail math just to stick it to TI you dumb nigger that's not a real option

If the school demands pants, you buy pants. If the school demands TI, you buy TI.

install gentoo

That file name is retarded. That's clearly a zoomer, not a boomer.

goto
goto
goto

unfortunately. can't even properly do recursion without retarded workarounds.

Yes, let me press 500x more buttons to express the same idea in a shitty fucking language on my retrofaggyboomer calculator emulator.

As someone who used the fuck out of a ti-nspire CX, I can tell you that the monochrome display is a fucking handicap. Navigating menus and looking at graphs is significantly worse. Calculators like these should be considered old and deprecated, or loaned to students who don't have a graphing calculator.

I fucking know. And from my experiences, the only people who realized they were being scammed were the non apple users. In America? Good luck with that.
Only way I got value out of my ti nspire cx was by playing tetris any second I could, and programming functions for as much bullshit as I could.

>dual two-core and four-core CPUs, mali GPU, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 3x USB3.0, 1x USB C with DP1.2 support, 4 lane 20Gbps PCIe, wifi, bluetooth, gigabit ethernet, HDMI, onboard eMMC, 4k60fps support

Why yes that'll be $80

Attached: rockpro64.jpg (480x480, 29K)

HP Prime is honestly the best handheld calculator there is on the market. Thin, CAS, color touch screen, functional keyboard layout. Makes anything TI or Casio has look like a toy.

why hasn't china gotten around to duping these
i want to buy a Tecsis Instrument TI80-3 already

>whats that? You want it to be able to perform basic algebraic manipulation and give you a correct answer 20% of the time?
that will be $200 in 2019 sir

I just grabbed one for $10 off Craigslist with an annoying shadow on the screen. No value spent, no value lost.

Because they wouldn't be certified for use in standardized testing environments. If they were, TI would die overnight. So TI lobbies hard to prevent that. It's a captive market monopoly and exactly what antitrust law exists to destroy.

Nice story bro

Stop talking out your ass, any calculator without a QWERTY keyboard is certified. For some exams you can't have a programming or CAS but that's it.

>TI would die overnight. So TI lobbies hard to prevent that.

LOL TI cares so little about their calculator business that it's not even a footnote in their quarterly sales report. to the retards on this board, TI is known for calculators and maybe a few might guess DLP from the movies.
To the tech world, they are known for various chips and tech, which is like 95-99% of their business.

Because TI has paid off the right people to ensure only their calculators are usable in schooltesting. It's cronyism plain and simple.

No, I'm serious. It was one of those Mission thrift stores run by old ladies that haven't a clue what to charge for stuff. Every calculator was $1. Obviously I picked the best one.

It's easily their most profitable department by miles. In terms of their revenue it's small but in terms of their total profit it's pretty significant.

Just like AWS pays off Amazon's retail department despite the latter being many times larger.

>He says on his computer made with Chinese parts on his knock off Chinese cartoon website

>College forced students to buy them regardless of financial upbringing

It's almost like poorer students receive more support or something

College didn't force me to use any calculator. In fact I've never used a calculator in a single class when I was in college, they were either not required or banned on exams. Most I got was a small notecard to use on the discrete linear arithmetic final.

Profitable? Sure.
Is it 'the thing' that will make or break TI? LOL nope.TI could spin this division off and it would have no meaningful impact to their bottom line.

>what is student aid
>what is the many, many grants given to low income/single mother/urban/brown skinned students regardless of gpa

white male with a bachelors in computer science steadily employed who routinely got a $1,000 after tuition/books in grants to keep.
and my only oppression points were having a broke single mom

>literal white trash

>Just like AWS pays off Amazon's retail department
Also forgot to include this, but absolutely not at all like this.
looking here. ti.com/corp/docs/investor_relations/downloads/investor_overview.pdf
The paragraphs of note:
>We group all our remaining revenue in a segment
called “Other.” This segment’s revenue was $1.43
billion in 2018.
>“Other” adds significant value to TI. Although
there are some differences in the various business
models represented in this segment, in general,
these product lines have a profit contribution that
is attractive, where our investments are minimal
and aligned with our expectations.
>“Other” includes product lines such as DLP®
products, calculators and custom ASIC products.
In addition, it can include other items such as
acquisition charges, restructuring charges and
certain corporate-level items.

It's literally 3% of their business.

get an nspire instead

I'm not American. I live somewhere in Asia where your average citizen has far less purchasing power than most Americans since salaries are low and many items are too costly (especially with Goods and Service Tax

But I thought the TI phenomenon was only in the US

It's big in Canadian education too. I used to sell them. BA II plus was a big seller for business studies.

In the US the HP 12C is still the standard issue business calculator. Yes, that's right, a calculator designed in the 80s, tried and true still in use today.

That's great. It depends on the educator, I guess. I know some classes did require an HP model, but most required TI.

>Lost my TI-89 to time
>Decide I'm not paying $200 a second time to get a replacement
>Get an HP 50g instead knowing it has parity with the 89 I had before
>It's super unintuitive to do anything of particular complexity
Can't tell if I'm too stupid to use anything but TI or if TI's calculators are actually that good. Maybe both.

Attached: am i retarded.png (500x550, 313K)

HP's older calculators require an engineering degree to use. It's that complicated, and I say this as a HP48G user. There's a reason TI is so common in high schools and it's because they're easy to use.

they're only easy to use because they just copied Casio's graphers, and the only reason they are so widely used in schools is because TI is American and Casio is not.

should also note you can still buy them brand new and they look like the '80s models.

I recall a certain HP one, but the 12C isn't it. I remember it being pretty expensive however.

Attached: poorfags.jpg (400x400, 110K)

>graphing on TI
Press big Y= button right under the screen, enter formula, press GRAPH.
>graphing on Casio
Open graphing application from icons-and-text home menu, enter formula, press labeled Draw.
>graphing on HP
Right shift, 8 (PLOT), select function type, enter function, select independent variable, press Draw softkey.
That's the remade HP15C, a new unit costs upward of $400.

For what is worth I got a HP 50g first, but on my school everyone uses TI's (89 or Voyage).

I couldn't use a TI no matter how hard I tried.

Funny thing is that the HP is the most popular model on our faculty (engineering) but on my school (electrical) everyone uses TI's (mainly because it's easier to write down phasors)

I work for TI and you have no idea the amount of LMAO and inside jokery those calculators have within the company, the development division at least.

No, it was definitely a portrait model. I just can't recall the model though. It was in the $100 - $150 range in the mid to late 2000s.

I can imagine.

TI Voyage (and 92) was banned in all schools and all standardized exams for looking like a PDA with its full keyboard. Even the 89 is prohibited in some places because of its onboard CAS.

huehue

Attached: 58008.jpg (1000x1000, 189K)

What, no boobies?

Attached: boobies.jpg (375x563, 37K)

At least their newer models have modern amenities like color screens.

>specialized hardware is bad
Next your going to tell me emulation is the same as running on OG hardware.

Attached: r1zr3jm86ba11.jpg (550x543, 83K)

Name 5.

I'm from Venezuela, can't really compare to the US (or whichever place you are from)

I'm currently programming Z80. How fun is assembly for the TI? Is it much different from other Z80 machines?
pic not mine

Attached: 81703.gif (411x357, 13K)

you have no idea, the younger dev dudes for the last 20 years salaries have only been from the TI-83.

>because then students would cheat you memenigger
>they arent already getting fake adhd diagnoses for focus pills
shekels for the good goy

its not a fucking monopoly, americans are literally too fucking lazy too learn how a casio works by themselves instead of relying on a textbook or the teacher to show them how their $100 pos that can only run drugwars works

Testing regulations give outdated TI shit an exclusive monopoly. I thought everyone knew this.

It's a de facto monopoly that preys on the average American's stupidity. I got an A in my AP stats course with a HP48G and got a 5 on the exam while retards couldn't run ANOVA on their TI-83 despite it being right in the textbook and user's manual got 2's and 3's.

show 808

No, it's schools mandating that you have to buy specific calculators for testing.

What school does that? As long as it doesn't have CAS or qwerty-style keyboard it's allowed.

im pretty sure the sat lets you use other brands and you can always just steal a school one when you need it for the act

My brother did the ACT on some Casio scientific so it's definitely not a requirement.

No, it's the 12C. I used to work at Office Depot, they are about $100 new. They are odd to see with the very '70s styling in modern HP packaging.

Attached: 12c 30a edition.jpg (800x532, 124K)

After graduating high school in 1992 I bought a TI-85 for $100. It is amazing to me that in 2019 a calculator with almost the exact same functionality cost the exact same price. In addition there are some high school that require these "graphing calculators" for math classes.

>30th anniversary edition
That's how you know it has a practical monopoly within the finance sector.

$100 in 1992 is a lot more than $100 today. Especially considering the 85 was their flagship model at the time.