Are we in the future yet?

Are we in the future yet?

Attached: tech.png (1800x3100, 512K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FyinD6ZDqeg
m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/march_2017/most_see_u_s_foreign_aid_as_a_bad_deal_for_america
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tomorrow

in 5 minutes

Now

No. It's always just coming up, and when you think it's now, it's already in the past.

I went to the future yesterday.

buzzword bingo, the infographic
interplanetary internet before even building a moon base?

this shit's always retarded because it's invariably made by ledditors whose understanding of technology comes from clickbait headlines and whatever retarded shit elon musk is spewing this week

>vertical farming after VR lifeforms
lmao

This didn't age well

>$150 for 200 TB HDD
>750 GB RAM
What happened to the dream?

I could have told you that this chart is total BS in 2011

>reputation economy
That exists now, AND IT SUCKS!

There actually is a VR life form you can run.
It's called OpenWorm.

>2017
>boards

Attached: e4adb5a4faa55f2a305275e0872a78ce6a2cdb5c3b19a0761aac4659ac8e244e.png (700x784, 454K)

wtf is boards

We could have had all of that and more, but instead we continue to dump all of our money into the 3rd world instead of fixing and improving our own shit.
We could also have made a planetary defense system to blow up planet killer asteroids before they hit us and colony ships to spread out, but ya know israel and africa really wanted that money.

they always promise things are going to be better in the future, and its always just the same as it was before, mediocre and shitty
look at what they thought the future would bring in the past, things never get better, humanity spends its time making its own coffin more comfy, every new technology causes more problems than it solves, since the cradle of civilization, the day man created agriculture and domesticated animals and trade with other people that sameday he created malnutrition and communicable diseases

t.ed kazinksy

>Reprogrammable chips in the mid 2020s
We have them now. They're called FPGAs.

tbf we've massively moved up the space schedule since that chart was made, it's probably the only section where we moved the timeline forwards instead of slipping back

right now the optimistic goal of a mars mission (which is the standard that chart seems to use) has moved from the mid 2030s to the mid 2020s

meh, he was just booty blasted his cabin was about to get turned into freeway

>suborbital spaceflight
we had that by 1941

>Reputation Economy
Fucking kill me we're already there

Attached: % Health.png (300x438, 163K)

go back to school, charlie

> We could have had all of that and more
No. We are already moving along very quickly, actually. Much quicker is not that likely.

> instead we continue to dump all of our money into the 3rd world
Who is? Almost no one is exceeding 1-2% foreign aid, it's fucking little and certainly not a big obstacle since we generally expect as much or more growth.

>mars mission
For what practical purpose? Other than swinging your "America was first on the moon!" dick?

Musk celebrating manchildren need to get shot.

>wahhh why aren't you feeding more niglets so they can make more niglets so you can feed more niglets
>fucking furthering the reaches of humanity is bullshit we exist to sustain the spic-nig cycle
wew

...you do realize we just print that shit right?

Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. In order to save the world from utter devastation, I must acquire boards. Has humanity invented boards yet?

>2037 anti-aging drugs
YES PLEASE
Either eternally 40 or get me in the matrix

Attached: Matrix'd.gif (640x636, 535K)

>just print more money lmao
there is a limit to how much money can be printed before your economy goes full zimbabwe

Hello friendly time traveller,

give future nudes and I shall answer your questions

youd be printing it and dumping it into goofy defense contracts to "blow up asteroids" or whatever the fuck youre on about

Sticking a flag on a rock in space is not furthering our understanding of reality around us. It's a complete waste of money and reddit tier masturbatory fantasy. The horribly delayed JWST will be thousandfold more beneficial for the space science than anything this 420 blazing imbecile could do. Unless they launch it on one of his shitty rockets and it blows up.

better than spending it on feeding nigs to make more nigs so we can feed more nigs who make more nigs that we have to feed

it's like accruing debt except we gain nothing

>2037
>she
>he

Where are my flying cars?
youtube.com/watch?v=FyinD6ZDqeg

Why the fuck you're still moving goalposts you inbred zoomer Jow Forumskid if your delusions about reality have already been crushed by

Hello again friendly time traveller,
if the world of 2038 is a genetically engineered futa catgirl utopia I double down on my request for future nudes

Uhm, nothing new

>give americans access to personal flying cars
>pic related traffic shitfest is now in 3D
What a great fucking idea!

Attached: traffic-jam.jpg (768x784, 143K)

NASA's budget for 2019 was $21.5 billion. In 2019, the State Department and USAID paid out $50 billion in foreign aid. We objectively spend twice as much on foreign aid as we do on space exploration. Stop being a stupid nigger.

Cheers!

You realize the money is stolen from people who work, right? it comes from a real tangible source. They dont just print money on the spot for things without the value being sourced from somewhere.
The entire world is on forign aid. Go to the website and look at the interactive map. The us one only covers the money the us spends so when it says israel gets 4b, thats only from the united states and not counting germany, england, and whatever cucks are sending them cash.

fug

Attached: 1544716424427.png (380x285, 175K)

If you stopped invading and glassing half of the world... I mean, rightfully intervening, sorry... Then you wouldn't have to spend all those guilt money.

>REEEE DON'T MOVE GOALPOSTS REEEE
>oh I got btfo on my claims about foreign aid better bitch about military interventionism
holy shit my dude you're a mess

Shoo, off to schizos

You were at less than 1% of the federal budget for foreign aid, now you're just above 1% (and overall still below 1.5% compared to GDP if you take ALL foreign aid private and public, I recall).

NASA's budget may be low, but it's definitely not limited *because* of foreign aid spending taking up all the money. You generally aren't even donating the amount you're better off than last year any given year, eh.

Not that poster

>You realize the money is stolen from people who work, right?
dude, if youre such a pinko how do you not get it that the people with "jobs" are literally the pleb slaves in this era in history? fucking reddit and morty knows this
"foriegn aid" exists to leverage foriegn countries into following US foriegn policy doctrine without having to use a gun because historically the cia is really fucking shitty at doing that sort of thing

>cite the Congressional Budget Office
>get called a schizo
Is this...the power...of /leftypol/?

I'll ask a simple question, do you think that increasing NASA's budget by over three fold would create a meaningful increase in space exploration?

The majority of Americans disapprove of foreign aid. If it was cut entirely and sent to NASA, the budget would more than triple. Everything I've said here can be verified by the Congressional Budget Office. So what's hard about it for you?

Even worse then faggot
>jump into someone else's discussion thread without reading it and immediately start moving goalposts

>I'll ask a simple question, do you think that increasing NASA's budget by over three fold would create a meaningful increase in space exploration?
Possibly? But you could do that no problem.

>The majority of Americans disapprove of foreign aid.
I don't believe that, plus it's hogwash anyhow. If you earned 1mn last year and 1mn + $10000 this year, it's just not a GREAT burden to donate $9000. Even when you earn $1.01mn + $11000 the year after, and you donate $9500, it still isn't. (Yes, fluctuating percentages, and the growth is actually probably too low for what growth Burgerland usually achieved.)

While this may make a srs difference to your poor orphaned nephew's family, it is just not supposed to stop or delay any of your projects very much. Worth doing. If anyone tells you this is the problem (or how much they loose on NASA that they now can't give to you when you demand pensions or whatever) they're trying to hide much bigger expenses for all the much dumber shit.

Attached: 1446312820097.jpg (800x820, 149K)

The foreign aid thing is a red herring the issue with space exploration is that unless there is a real political reason ie. Cold war dick swinging. Then it's not really in the governments interests to fund it. Like environmental and infrastructure programs the benefits of said programs are not felt until years after the plan was made and the money spent. Its just simple human short termism.

Or it could as always with //pol be da Joooooos

>exists to leverage foreign countries into following US foreign policy doctrine without having to use a gun
Why should our slaves work for other civilizations? Does that not in turn make our civilization a slave of the other civilization?
The weak should fear the strong. They should conform to our rules without us having to sacrifice resources that could otherwise be used to improve our own societies.

> to describe a person regarded as being sympathetic
Do not insult me. I in no way endorsed communism. I simply pointed out that the money that gets shipped overseas was stolen in the form of taxes from our citizens. If the stolen money goes anywhere it should be towards cleaning up our own cities, securing our own country, healing our own citizens, and feeding our own citizens. Fuck the rest of the world leaching off of us. The have never worked a day in history, if its a choice between our own people starving and them starving, they should starve.

>our own people starving
...Im pretty sure thats the least of the US's probalems dude

Then youve never actually looked.
Poor kids and homeless people are starving every day. Every year people freeze to death from the cold in the winter, and every summer people die from trying to sleep in their cars.

>1 in 3 are diabetic

>The weak should fear the strong.
Jow Forums are truly the funniest species on this site

Attached: whitepower.gif (618x412, 145K)

Yea, I guess. Tends to be on the back burner. Even the more conservative satellite programs didn't get THAT much funding, after all the chance was high that for many it'd be only future ministers / parliamentarians / ... that'd see the benefits.

They still do okay some of the long-term stuff, but not with as much enthusiasm and funding. This year's huge sports events and what not are more fun to over-fund.

>I don't believe that
Good thing we live in a world of infinite information at your fingertips, where ypu don't have to believe things for them to be true.
m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/march_2017/most_see_u_s_foreign_aid_as_a_bad_deal_for_america

However it's worth couching that with the fact Americans also tend to overestimate it (and NASA, and all other small programs) in terms of budget.

>it's not a GREAT BURDEN to donate 90% of your growth, goy! You don't NEED more money! Why wouldn't you GIVE IT TO ME? I'll make MUCH BETTER use of it, hehehe
that's not an argument, it's jewish slimy conman antics
>While this may make a srs difference to your poor orphaned nephew's family
we already established I don't care about building schools for niggers in ethiopia or whatever
>it is just not supposed to stop or delay any of your projects very much
you could buy ten James Web Space Telescopes per year for the budget spent on foreign aid by America alone, you're just straight up lying about costs now

If you ask for "$42.4 billion" I suspect the response will be different than for 1% (well, ~1.065%), yes.

And then on top of that it's just pretty much less than this situation due to usually bigger growth.

see
Repeatedly saying "taking away from growth is good! you lose nothing!" doesn't make it true. Not growing is called stagnation. Taking away our nation's potential growth to feed niggers is not in our nation's best interest. Period.

Let me phrase is for you simply. I could give you $10 every year, or $10+n every year, where n is the years. So $11, $12, etc.

Which gives you more money?
>haha goy just keep taking $10 and let me pocket the rest
That's fucking parasite logic. Stop being a parasite.

>it's not a GREAT BURDEN to donate 90% of your growth, goy!
Indeed it is not. In real numbers it is more like 50% of what you gained extra vs last year. That's however the total sum of foreign aid in any given year, you're not adding the 50% from the year before to it too. Yep, not a burden. And again, even with private donations on top AFAIK not even reaching 1.5% of GDP.

Blaming the 10 James Webb Telescopes not getting done because of this is just a joke. You just didn't want to do anything like that.

>Not growing is called stagnation.
Except this is not really what happens at all. Problem solved.

You're trying too hard to find out how this is the problem for spending money on NASA or whatever - it just isn't. Your other expenses are.

see
What the fuck is your obsession with this parasitic "drain the growth" logic? What do we gain by giving away growth? Nothing. Your only argument is "it doesn't hurt as much as if we took more!". That's fucking protection racket nigger shit. Kill yourself. I'm done arguing with a L I T E R A L parasite.

pic related.
The entire world is on our welfare program meanwhile many cities have brown or even black tap water, there are brain eating parasites, gastrointestinal parasites, actual sewer water, and carcinogens and heavy metals in the tap water all across America.
Many kids wear ratty old clothes they get out of the trash, and go hungry sometimes not eating for days.
No heat or shelter in the winter leaving veterns frozen rock solid. There are accounts of police driving homeless people miles outside of the city and just dropping them off to die so theyll not be a bother.
so many people sick and unable to get the medications they need because they cant afford to go to the doctor. To get antibiotics here is 1/7 of the entire montly wages (before tax), in canada and mexico you can buy antibiotics at the gas station for $10. In africa they air drop them from planes. inb4 you go off on a tangent about anti-biotic resistant bacteria. We arnt talking about that and the entire world is already abusing them. Why should our country be the only one to try and stop it at the cost of making our citizens suffer.

That 40b a year could have gone to something worth a damn.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-26_21-29-45.png (1270x702, 603K)

I can't leave these quads unchecked

>still not getting the concept of proles
>The entire world is on our welfare program
to the entire worlds detriment

To the detriment of literally everyone except a small class of neoliberal elites, yes. We know that. We also know they have a (((peculiar))) ethnic makeup, but you get angry when we point that out.

So what is your argument against cutting the entire program you yourself admit is detrimental to basically all involved, and spending it on space exploration?

Attached: 1509227887671.png (550x1600, 599K)

>We also know they have a (((peculiar))) ethnic makeup
pure coincidence
>So what is your argument against cutting the entire program you yourself admit is detrimental to basically all involved, and spending it on space exploration?
the CIA now has to fund death squads again

>the CIA now has to fund death squads again
If that's more cost effective I don't care

Have a like
Dialate tranny

>pure coincidence goy
>the CIA now has to fund death squads again
as opposed to funding birthing squads?
You say it like its a bad thing. They contribute nothing besides ebola and measles.

Attached: the-1-did-this-the-establishment-did-this-the-illuminati-15018299.png (500x601, 104K)

The future of the internet is p2p

Jews used the Thailand flooding as an excuse to increase HDD prices.

How? We have most of the 2019 line already

>Jews used the Thailand flooding as an excuse to increase HDD prices.
What is supply and demand

An excuse jews use to charge more than a product is worth instead of making an adequate quantity. Artificially inflating prices. Price gouging due to an artificial shortage they could easily solve because the $1000 product actually cost $10 to make including the cost of machinery investment, electric, materials, and employee salary.

>(((foreign aid)))
In exchange for the autonomy of the participant countries, yeah

>space elevator
So I take it these projections were made by a brainlet

>graphene
>2017
kek

All foreign aid will be clawed back and then some.
As for Nasa that rat hole will be seen for what it is.
If you think for a second that Americans are willingly going to give up their gibs without taking down the word, you are in for a surprise.