Redpill me on Java

Why does everyone hate it so much?

I learned it in school, and I really liked it since then. It's a strongly typed language, is low level enough to achieve very high performance for most things and you can write large applications in it relatively fast compared to other performant languages.

There was a speed comparison that came up on stackoverflow or something like that, it listed rough estimates of performance based on different metrics and for computational complexity it was only about 1.7x slower than C. Compared in the same way, python was like 80ish and JS was in the 100s. Yet people write python a LOT for large applications (flask, django) which totally escapes logic all together.

Why do people shit on Java so much?

Attached: post.jpg (211x238, 29K)

Also for context, I'm a wagie who writes C++, Java and Javascript daily, so I do have expertise in these 3 languages at least. My python use is limited to automating simple stuff at home.

Cause they're jelly I have a job.
Stay mad c nerds.

because programmers hate programming

There are plenty of jobs for C and C++ developers though

Attached: 260.jpg (800x450, 38K)

It's slow

Python is at least 40 times slower than Java, and don't get me started on JS

>scripting language is slow

huh who'da thought

>Why do people shit on Java so much?
Because its verbose and this place is full of neets

>Why does everyone hate it so much?

The real redpill about why java is shit is the same redpill as to why Africa is shit.

Africa isn't shit because Africa is an ugly continent, on the contrary Africa has vast beautiful lands for farming, natural resources and plentiful wildlife. The reason Africa is a shit heap is because it's inhabited by negroes. Subhuman, uncivilizable negroes that can no more adapt to civilization than a dog can be taught to play mozart on a piano.

Java is similar. Great language, fast, portable, but who writes 99.99% of java code? Filthy, disgusting, subhuman pajeets from India. "People" with IQ's so low that your 6 year old child could likely write code more competently than those subhumans.

And so the STENCH, the stench of India has fouled the otherwise good name of java and java has become forever associated with buggy, bloated, slow, shit tier, unreadable, unmaintainable code. But like Africa, it's the not the problem. It's the "people" that are the problem.

>inb4 one of goot's butthurt pajeet jannies bans me for telling the truth

Attached: indian people.jpg (915x609, 78K)

This is fair

We recently had some authentication protocol code outsourced and when the poos we outsourced it to came back with us to demo the solution, it didn't compile. So we asked him to tell us his method for achieving the handshake, and what he told us would not have worked, 100%, within our constraints. (We had requirements that made it difficult to implement, but not impossible)

I don't even know why my boss outsources to poos but I guess getting things done for a 100th of the price is attractive to a manager

lol I love your picture

It's actually true for me, I'M TWEAKED LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Also Java is pretty alright. .

Attached: Pics or it didn't happen.jpg (3096x4128, 3.11M)

>java
>low level

Attached: Driblet.png (403x448, 53K)

fuck dood, I haven't tweaked in like 2 years and can still smell the sweet sweet smell of tina.

She's calling for you, she wants you to come back and love her.

Attached: not even once.jpg (620x344, 29K)

oracle finally killed it at the start of this year.
dunno about you guys, but the company I work for phased it out already.
lots of salty java devs here.
btw, c++/c#/erlang here

Tina is a measurement, not a name for meth, you fucking amateur. Teeners used to be a thing and people just started calling it tina.

Java is absurdly verbose, shoehorns everything into a class, and is full of pitfalls for developers. It's a language built painfully on ideology instead of pragmatism. It adds stupid amounts of complexity in the name of abstractions, 99% of which are useless.

Use Go, Rust, or C# instead.

because its precisely 1 generation old and therefore rejected because "talkin' bout my g-g-generation"
every language is full of dog shit broken apis and bad decisions and if you live long enough you'll get to """enjoy""" them all.
having fun yet?

yeah but have you ever wrote a linux kernel backdoor for your contract job, and by the time you send in the code you're too twacked out to know if you actually fixed a bug or if the pull request said you fixed a bug because you were putting in an exploit disguised as a bug fix?

Godspeed user. I was supposed to reup a couple of days ago but the deal fell through. Fug