/spg/ - Smartphone General

didn't see an /spg/ in the catalogue so I made one myself.

Mi A2 Lite and Redmi Note 7 are great budget phones, if you don't want to buy a modern cheap phone like Motorola shit then consider a used flagship instead (Galaxy S7, LG G5, wouldn't go older than SD820)

Headphone jack is gone on Galaxy Note 10 so fuck Samsung, the S10+ is literally the same phone but with a headphone jack.

If you want suggestions with buying a phone, provide Country, Carrier and the model of phone you're looking for (or ask for ideas depending on your needs)

Attached: 61lfpjOekDL._SX679_.jpg (679x679, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_k20_pro_mi_9t_pro-review-1973.php
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>notch
>that ugly fucking chin

just get an iphone you neet faggots at least they look decent

>t. has an iphone because he thinks it'll get him pussy

On Freedom Mobile in Canada. Is Mi A2 Lite a good phone for me anons

>actually, unironically recommending phones with Snapdragon 6xx and eMMC storage
it's like you NEETs don't use any apps beyond Clover/Kuroba

advise on used phone for 100-150$

I need something light to take photos on, and that's it

have cheap chink shit come close to pixel 1 camera performance?

Attached: google-pixel-pixel-xl-retail-1.jpg (1600x1068, 254K)

>gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_k20_pro_mi_9t_pro-review-1973.php
god damn it, i've been trying so hard not to upgrade from my current phone.

Attached: file.png (728x314, 362K)

>points out the notch
>recommends a fucking ishit

Neck yourself.

wait, is the Note 7 actually beating that thing in battery life? Well at least the CPU is better?

Tfw s10+ has been nothing but issues and I've only had it for 5 days
It's just a defective unit right, it'll be all good once I exchange it tomorrow right anons

the note 7 uses a much slower chip, and also the difference isn't that big.
>3g web video
>note 7
>32:35h 14:04h 14:12h
>k20 pro
>33:23h 13:33h 20:33h
so on average the k20 beats it.

You should buy the Mi 9. I've had it for 2 weeks and it's been great. It works with T-Mobile if your a burger.

seems like xiaomeme managed to save the redmi note 8, but will they fuck up the pocophone 2 if it ever happens?

Ah fair, looks like your about tied if you aren't a power user(as much as I hate that term). Dunno if I'd dish out for a phone that's basically half price for the K20 series(looks like note 7 is 175/K20 325)

Any other galaxy s series anons in here, this can't just be me right

Is Redmi Note 7 still good? Found a China based seller selling it for less than $100 anticipating the drop of sales before the Redmi Note 8 announcement this Saturday. The only problem is they say the box is opened since they had to put google play store on the unit.

I got mine for 175, used a Mi A2 Lite and happier with the Note 7. Would strongly recommend just installing Nova launcher and the Google Camera apk, it's a dream to use no issues to write home on. If anything the only "complaint" I have is that it isn't Andriod O like the A2 Lite, but still more than enough for my stuff.

>openbox
Just make sure to factory restore that shit

Yes, it's still good. Don't worry about open box, the chinks also do that to install the global ROM. Chances are it also comes with the bootloader unlocked so you don't have to wait

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite
Doesn't look like you'll be able to use 3G, and 4G will be spotty

Hello frens. Any idea when we will get an announcement from oneplus regarding the 7t pro? I honestly don't care about the phone, I just want to see if the older models will get a price cut.

Impressions from one day with my OnePlus 7 Pro, coming from a Mi 8.
The high refresh rate is the real meme, everything feels fast and responsive unlike any other device. Furthermore, Oxygen OS is devoid of stutters unlike MIUI and everything is just a bit faster.
The cameras are "OK". The Mi 8's main camera was somewhat superior, though OIS on the telephoto of the OP7P makes that one better, and the selfie module is better on the latter device too.
Both devices have excellent displays when it comes to colors and brightness. The increased resolution in the OP does make a difference, but the curved sides are kinda meh after the effect wears off.
Now, when it comes to the fingerpring scanner... In-display scanners are the worst meme, ever. The OP's scanner requires careful fingerprint training and then careful positioning in order for unlocks to happen moderately quickly. Even after all that, the experience is subpar as it's easy for the scanner to not read the fingerprint. Cont...

The Mi 8's scanner was perfect. Registering a finger didn't require much thought and the device unlocked extremely fast. The positioning was a lot better too as you could use the index finger to unlock the device as you removed it out of your pocket, while on the OP you have to kinda awkwardly bend your thumb around. Hopefully sometime optical in-display scanners will go away.
When it comes to audio, both devices have good headphone output, though the Mi 8 was a tad louder. On the other hand, the speakers of the OP are way, way superior, even disregarding the pseudo-stereo reproduction. Dolby Atmos seems to help quite a bit here.
Miscellaneous:
Face unlock is the way of the future: The IR face unlock on the Mi 8 was a killer feature, it worked in the dark without blasting you with visible light (due to the IR illuminator it used) and was all around very convenient. Hopefully proper, safe face unlock like with Apple phones with come to Android as it's the ultimate solution.
The notch on the Mi 8 sucked dick. While at first it didn't bother me it ended up grating as time went by.
OPs stupidly thick 1.5m version of the Warp charge cable is retarded. Fuck, it's thick and heavy.
The slider on the OP to control sound is amazing.
The fact that Oxygen OS used TTS to read caller names is good, so you don't have to look at the phone when a call comes while using headphones.
MIUI is not that bad, though the consistency and lack of bloat of Oxygen OS feels refreshing.
That is all.

What do you lads recommend if I'm looking for a modest-highly performing phone, but couldn't give less of a shit about anything regarding a camera?
Been using this brick for a couple years but the storage and RAM are starting to become way too underwhelming, and performance can get a little slow occasionally specially on browsers.

Attached: moto g4 play.jpg (2000x2000, 167K)

Galaxy S10 / Pixel 3 XL

Which one do I get?

Attached: 1548948644731.jpg (768x1024, 79K)

If I didn't want to spend all that much I'd get a Redmi 7/Note 7, fairly cheap. a Galaxy A20 if I cared about name/additional band support.

Moto LG 7 Power is fine if you want battery life to be better, usually about 200 bucks on Amazon just get the non ad edition.

Just get an OG Pixel

What do you use that needs more power than that?

Redmi 7, not the note should be under 150 easily. Same camera as the note IIRC just slower proc, 1 gb less ram, and lower screen res. Pretty sure the google camera works on it just like it does the note

I'm using a s9+, haven't had any problems

Anyone else using vivid mode on their samsung phones?

where is the link my dude

They're both shit, wait for the S11 series.

Just register the same fingers twice and it'll read perfectly.

shut the fuck up retarded incel

The older models will absolutely get a price cut, it happened with the 6T when the 7 came out.

Are there Kirin 810 tablets yet

Is it wise to keep an iPhone 7 & a OP3 on hand?

I'm getting a kick out of a good camera & optimized apps then the android with clover and a bigger screen.

Attached: 70D35976DF4D4F7282D9D1A0201CE1E6.jpg (1200x900, 380K)

A70:
>sAMOLED
>4500 mAh
Pocophone F1:
>Snapdragon 785 (if I'm not wrong)
>support for custom ROMs already out
Which one should I get Jow Forumsentlemen, these are the things each phone have an advantage over the other one.

>Same camera as the note
Wrong.

Unless you count the "48 mega pixel" BS where the camera does some funky shit, then it's basically the same thing minus the sensor

RN7 with gcam can't even touch the Note 9 on stock cam.

okay? The user I was replying to was looking for a phone under 150 dude.

>Same camera as the Note

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u1.jpg (750x1000, 60K)

Note 7 yeah, it lax the senor to create the "48mp" shit. don't tell me you actually think the Note 7 is doing a 48mp shot 1:1.

What's your current phone, what do you like and dislike about it, and what do you do with it? I'd spend a lil more and get the Mi 9T.

Pocophone has SD 845, not 785

What's the camera like on pixel 3a/3aXL? I like the pixel cameras but if i can get it in a cheaper unit with a headphone jack i will

I have G6 plus that I'm handing down soon, what's a worthy replacement? Really liked this phone. ~£200 budget, ~6+ inch screen and would like better camera and battery. This is for UKs Three network.

Same as the big Pixels. Top 3 among primary lens cameras.

Want something to fuck around with, root, custom roms etc.

Tempted of the Pixel 2, around 200 buckaroos on Ali. Worth it?

>Snapdragon 785
???

Are you 3d modeling on your fucking phone? Are you gayman on your fucking phone? No? Then you don't fucking need more than a 660.
T. Mi A1 with 625, everything is smooth and fast and running all games perfectly

What model s5 would i get if i want unlocked but cdma/verizon compatible?

My OG Pixel still works fine, but when it dies I'm considering going full open source. Anyone got experience?

Ahahahaha
Look what the first faggot says in the comments

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-124319_Kiwi_Browser.png (1440x2560, 238K)

Sup /spg/,
I'm active duty military, and t mobile has a ~$55 plan (I believe), that being said I'd like a phone with a decent camera, don't want an iPhone, budget is up to $700.
What kind of phone y'all rec for me?
Thanks brahs

Anyone got experience with the Galaxy A20? I just want a cheap phone to watch videos and shitpost on and I'm liking that AMOLED screen.

Are there any other phones like the lg v series that have a good dac/amp inside of them? 80% of the time my phone is used for shitposting or listen to music, so a nice screen would be nice too. I'd stay with LG, but their updates are abysmal

Attached: borger_knig.png (1024x768, 1.05M)

Get a cheap phone (whatever chinkphone is being memed) and use the rest of the money to join the DAP master race.

Pixel 3a xl

Looks nice on paper for how cheap it is.

If that's all you want to do then get a Xiaomi A1

Is the MI 9T pro worth it over the MI 9T?

boysoy

Alright faggots, I'm a NEET who's about to become a broke-ass student and I haven't had a functioning phone in years so I'm gonna need to get something cheap. All I really want is a phone for under €50 that I can use to communicate with other people, listen to audio through headphones, and maybe take some pictures- but if no phones for that price have a decent camera, that doesn't matter too much. And I don't want it to sell my personal information to the Chinese government.

Attached: 1566572981673.png (583x671, 500K)

Only if you do gayming.

anyone?

Redmi Note 7 or maybe Note 8 depending on how long it takes to release globally

I think I'm done with those cunts. Bought 3 Note 4 and they all stopped charging after a few weeks. Didn't matter if I used original charger or not, sooner or later they'd all die. I'd like to buy from a company that I can actually claim warranty and not have to argue with fucking chinks.

>but will they fuck up the pocophone 2 if it ever happens?
Isn't the k20pro basically supposed to be poco2?
I'm sure I read that somewhere, though I doubt it was official.

i just installed the system update that updates my phone to android 8 and it fucks everything up. i don't understand why they decided to completely fuck up the settings screen and most of the user interface

its comparatively such a clearly worse experience i don't understand how it got rolled out to consumers. its completely gutted and doesn't let you see any information anymore. the battery screen is a joke. the quick settings screen was redesigned to a clearly worse version

like if this was some kind of design language change i would understand but it looks even more basic and empty, like they didn't bother finishing it

sycophant sophists. you know, redditors

peoplepretending they understand more than they do to protect a higher authority that they refuse to acknowledge is not acting in anybody's best interests

Thinking of handing down my trusty Redmi note 3. Any good affordable upgrades? Don't care for games, need a reliable phone with a big battery, an efficient SoC and easy liberation from botnet. Don't want to spend too much, I paid around $250USD for RN3, so about 250-300 shekels. Help Jow Forums

Mi A2 Lite and Redmi Note 7 are great budget phones

still true?

>defending corporations
>ever

Imagine that this type of autism exists as we speak

Any of you guys know if buying a renewed phone is a good idea? I've always bought new phones (moto g3) when they came out. But the budget is tight and I want an upgrade. Any of you guys have experience with renewed Motorola phones?

If it's an official seller or if it's still under warranty, you can go for it. Otherwise, don't.

avoid Snapdragon 820/821 they overheat like crazy

>Redmi Note 7
Yes

>Mi A2 Lite
The hardware is pretty ancient at this point. It's not crap by any means but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one now.

ok, both too pricey for me

Advice on Gigaset smartphones. Are they good?

Was fucking late cuz I'm a dumb phone poster.
But I want unlockable bootloader, microSD card, headphone jack, AMOLED screen and a good battery.

I want a phone with decent camera and no notch.
Im all about that features which Note 9 gives, just dont know how much its futureproofed. Willing to stretch budget for it. Can flash if needed and possible ROMs after official ones stop. I dont need meme motorized pop-up but i hate notches.
>for traveling and /p/ i will use DSLR/Mirrorless camera
So i need phone just for some night mode shootings and im not carrying camera everyday.
Used Galaxy Note 9 6/128 for 430-500€ (found 465€ just unboxed, 535€ brand new)
New Mi 9t 6/128 for 330€
Mi 9t Pro 6/128 for 430€
>Not Carrier dependant, buying from resellers, Country Serbia so Europe.
>Current phone Redmi Note 4
Atm dont think waiting for newer releases is worth it, as im here everyday and interested in phones generally.
What do you think about options Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_20190827_151757.jpg (1080x143, 32K)

did they release Mi 9T Pro with 256GB ROM?

what's the best cheapest tablet to play brawl stars smoothly?

Still waiting for Amazon to ship my order

Attached: 152077.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

So.... You think what Google is doing is just fucking swell? Are you for real with this? Also, why would you defend any company ever? Not seeing where the disagreement is.

S9+
updates improved a lot the batery usage

I meant to insult the one who commented not our dear anons, my bad

Should i get a redmi 6 note pro or a redmi7? i don't care about camera but the 6 pro has 1 gig more ram and 64gb internal from the 32gb and it's cheaper by alot for some reason here, i only care about playing gacha shit and browsing the web is 3gb ram on a phone considered obsolete now? im already seeing 6gb ram budget phones around

Attached: illust_65988507_20190827_143321.jpg (700x791, 154K)

Non pure Android is bloated as fuck now and 32 GB is borderline.
6GB is the ideal baseline if you are gonna play games.

I'm considering getting the RN7 after the price drops a bit (after RN8 release). I'm wondering how long does it take to unlock it? Do I have to sign up using my phone number to do so?

I ordered a Mate 20X from the UK for 580€ and it will arrive in a couple weeks but the Note 10 + really caught my eye, do I cancel my order and pay double for a Basedmsung or do I stay with the late big boy?

Always Samsung>Huashit. If you are willing to pay, go for note 10 ofc. I would still go for Note 9 over Huashit lol.

Meant Note 10+ if i need to say.
>Nobody ever here that visits and see's this, DONT BUY NOTE 10. IF YOU MUST, 10+ OTHERWISE, S10+.

Note 9 was my first choice but I'm europoo so it's the circumcised exynos version

gf gave me this simple fabric RN7 case, love it

Attached: IMG_20190827_170618.jpg (2000x1500, 1.03M)

Well if you are not Gayming or (p)ov(w)erusing phone i think its ok. Updates are more frequent for Exynos and they fixed SoT, so its now same as SD as I've heard. Only problems were battery and gpu, dont know for development tho.

if I can't get the S10+/Note10+ through my carrier, I am considering going full chinkphone with the Mi 9T
aside from the pop-up camera, what should discourage me from getting the Mi 9T?